Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Anyone post this yet? It's pretty amusing.

Anyone post this yet? It's pretty amusing.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 2

Wait, what> How.. what!? Am I missing something, how is that possible? :huh:

• Thumbs Up 2

Being in GHZ is already plenty nostalgic, the spindash is about as abusable as the boost (and the slide almost functionally identical to the roll), and the homing attack is genuinely entirely optional.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe so, but it's cool for a 20 year celebration to have actual throwbacks to the retro looks and gameplay. Besides, is it really so bad to have him in?

In Green Hill Zone you run on the ground. In Lava Reef Zone you run on the ground.

Therefore Green Hill Zone is the same as Lava Reef Zone. Amiright?

Oh my god, Modern's voice is hurting my ears.

Still, nice switchover... he even targets the springs! Makes me wonder if that'll be an actual in-game feature.

But man, that voice... fuck that's awful

• Thumbs Up 1

The in-game grunts are always misleading. For awhile, we thought his Colors voice was to be in the same range as Jason's until AAUK came with that cutscene and cleared up the speculation. However, if it's revealed via another cutscene later on that Roger isn't doing his Colors voice anymore, then so help me Inferno....

Commando.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

You may fire when ready. >w>...

*squints* *in Daffy Duck's voice* You're despicable....

That said, I doubt his speaking voice will that high compared to his Colors voice, so...eh. The only grunt that actually grates is the "Hah!" Every other one was fine to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

When you listen to his vocal performance in Free Riders, it's not like his voice was that different to the Colors one anyway, especially the "Of course- I know you'll do it better than anyone else!" line.

Sounds more like a different actor for a different nationalization, but it could be a high-pitched Smith.

I don't understand. What's wrong with sonic's voice? Seems fine to me. :huh:

They are just grunts after all.

SpikySprinter's ears are very sensitive to grunts, that's all.

I... didn't think it looked all that fun, actually. I love Modern Sonic just as much as Classic, but that level wasn't designed with those physics in mind and it shows. It's the same problem as Sonic 4, but now with a boost; the level's trying to make it something it isn't.

Of course, it's just a hack, so whatever. I'll probably dick around with it anyway on the PC version (assuming we get one).

I'm just going to tell you guys now, lot's of peoples issues SEGA has made very fixable in the coding. Basically, simply by changing one value in the coding you could make Classic sonic Home attack, change his speed, his rolling speed, and more. It also makes it extremely easy to hack. This leaves me to think that maybe, just maybe, SEGA had considered allowing hacking in the game if a PC version comes out as that would support people to make mods of it since it's easier to access than other engines.

I'm just going to tell you guys now, lot's of peoples issues SEGA has made very fixable in the coding. Basically, simply by changing one value in the coding you could make Classic sonic Home attack, change his speed, his rolling speed, and more. It also makes it extremely easy to hack. This leaves me to think that maybe, just maybe, SEGA had considered allowing hacking in the game if a PC version comes out as that would support people to make mods of it since it's easier to access than other engines.

So are you pretty much saying that a lot of the issues people have with the the physics can easily be changed?

Did anyone of you actually bother to watch the video? Like, sit through what seems like a copyright claim? Cause it's not. Jimmy troll'd you.

I dont know if your still talking about that Genisis thing, but I think Genisis is a boss from Sonic 06...

I seriously at this point can't even tell if yall were joking about not know that or something

I dont know if your still talking about that Genisis thing, but I think Genisis is a boss from Sonic 06...

I seriously at this point can't even tell if yall were joking about not know that or something

Egg Genesis was a boss from '06. However, the title "Genesis" in Generations refers to an emulator that is referenced within the files of the demo.

Egg Genesis was a boss from '06. However, the title "Genesis" in Generations refers to an emulator that is referenced within the files of the demo.

We've gotten both "Genesis" and "SEGA Genesis" title cards, so maybe they're different things?

I hope it is an "End of the World" type level. That name would be pure awesome for that :<

• Thumbs Up 1