Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

yeah, we knew about it since almost the beggining...but we haven't found images from them till now :lol:

Here, some more...

efchsnsyh1damagefire1.png

efbometyh1thunder2.png

efchsncyh1flamebarrier1.png

efbometyh1thunder1.png

And this one...well, we're not sure if it's the water shield or just a bubble.

efenbeeyh1bullet1.png

Edited by Seraphinprincess
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hello everyone! I just came back from Summer of Sonic! I'm not going to go tell you everything what happened like when some guy proposed to his girlfriend on stage with a Chaos Emerald ring and other epic stuff like that...but this is the Sonic Generations forum so I'll just talk about the gameplay. This was the latest build I played...it had Modern Sonic in it, I played it about 15 times and it was epic! But there was no City Escape demo...

Classic

Pros:

- It controls very, very well! Almost as smooth as silk.

- It's just plain fun!

- The powerful spindash works for Classic Sonic! These stages are huge, if you didn't have a powerful spindash you cannot make those big jumps.

- I don't know about you but the physics are wonderful!

- It looks beautiful! Smooth and Crisp!

Cons:

- The automated sections are still in, and they ain't gonna go away any time soon.

- The spindash can be spammed.

Modern

Pros:

- It controls extremely well!

- No lag whatsoever! Silky smooth 30fps.

- Sonic's moveset is balanced. Now Sonic's homing attack range has been cut down severely compared to Unleashed, the range is on par to Sonic Adventure 2. His airboost is also balanced and it's very controllable, if you hold the boost button he'll fly far and if you tap it he'll make a small dash...it's not like Unleashed where as soon as you press the boost button you'll fly all over the place.

- The spinball drift is the most intuitive move I've ever seen for Sonic! Unlike Unleashed, this drift feels right...even when boosting you can actually control it with precision! This is a move I'll abuse :P

- You change rails the same way you do in Sonic Colours (this can be a bad thing depending on your opinion). It feels much more comfortable compared to using the bumpers on your controller.

- Lots and LOTS of alternate paths to choose from!

- And of course it looks AMAZING!

Cons:

- There we're some glitches...at one time, Green Hill Zone turned into Pink Hill Zone! But I think it was the Xbox's fault since it was on for a long time.

- The rails have got no physics to it whatsoever! When Sonic is on it he just sticks to it like glue!

Well...that's all I got, but this is my opinion and you're allowed to make yours :)

So, the Spindash Drift is in. I hope its as helpful as you say it is, cuz im still repairing my brain over the Mazuri Drifting stage.

Also... I read on youtube comment from someone at E3 there was a NEW MOVE that ONLY WORKS IN 3D with Modern Sonic that makes you go faster and ISNT boost... Is there really another move??

So, the Spindash Drift is in. I hope its as helpful as you say it is, cuz im still repairing my brain over the Mazuri Drifting stage.

Also... I read on youtube comment from someone at E3 there was a NEW MOVE that ONLY WORKS IN 3D with Modern Sonic that makes you go faster and ISNT boost... Is there really another move??

The Spin Dash Drift

yeah, we know about it since almost the beggining...but we haven't found images from them till now :lol:

Here, some more...

efbometyh1thunder2.png

efbometyh1thunder1.png

efenbeeyh1bullet1.png

Can someone make some gif with that pics?

The Spin Dash Drift

Ah. Yes. Well. Thats just quite the bowl of Cheerios and all that pip pop, wouldnt you say, dear Chap?

All joking aside, do you really think they would keep the Abusive drift dash Trick from Unleashed and put it in Generations, as seeing the advantage others got from it??

And im not being sarcastic. Im really, seriously asking you.

This looks strange. Only somewhat reminds me of a fire shield, but... :0

Yeah, I dont think weve seen that she before.

yeah, we know about it since almost the beggining...but we haven't found images from them till now :lol:

Here, some more...

efbometyh1thunder2.png

efbometyh1thunder1.png

efenbeeyh1bullet1.png

Wow... the electric and fire shields look great! I'm guessing they'll look like normal shields, but with either sparks and arc of lightening off of the electric shield, and it seems like the fire shield will let off little solar flares, like a miniature sun, or something! So awesome! Oh, and maybe the water shield will... *looks at the water shield*

551-disappoint.jpg

Really. The fire shield looks like a mini-sun, and the electrical shield is brimming with electrical arcs, and the water shield looks like a bubble from a dirty bathtub? That's strange, to say the least.

But oh well, it's all cool to me so far :D Perhaps the water shield will have cool ripple effects when deflecting enemy projectiles? :P Overall though, these look like excellent renditions of the classic shields, and it looks like they really put a lot of effort into them. And given how much effort they put into some so relatively small in the grand scheme of things, just imagine what they'll do with the bigger stuff :P

Edited by EXshad

I know alot of people in this thread were asking for classic city escape music.

Well i was searching youtube and found it, so here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdqDOQx9LI

Is this a genuine rip from the game or just a clean post of the Sonic Boom live performance? I heard at Retro the music for City Escape was missing from the demo. I don't mind the Endless Mine mix, or the more techno influence, but this particular version is a little too peppy for my tastes. If it makes the final version I won't be up in arms but I always thought this was a slightly different mix for Sonic Boom, exclusively.

Is this a genuine rip from the game or just a clean post of the Sonic Boom live performance? I heard at Retro the music for City Escape was missing from the demo. I don't mind the Endless Mine mix, or the more techno influence, but this particular version is a little too peppy for my tastes. If it makes the final version I won't be up in arms but I always thought this was a slightly different mix for Sonic Boom, exclusively.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why some people don't like the Classic remix of City Escape. I, personally, love it. It's very nineties anf funky. It sounds like music that would be used if City Escape was made in the nineties. It's very upbeat and energetic.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Sorry for offtop. When will the new information? Thanks) I really want to hear the Modern City Escape Music)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Read all the way through the topic. Got to say, I'm really pleased with the info thats been released. I love the look of the new levels, and I'm especially looking forward to Sky Sanctuary [still one of my favorite levels in S3&K] and Crisis City [probably the Next Gen level I wanted to enjoy the most]. REALLY looking forward to the metal sonic, death egg and perfect chaos bosses, the range of what they can do with those bosses is increadable.

Music wise, I'm personally not fond of the classic City Escape. I dunno what it is, maybe it's just because I'm an SA2 fanboy, but it just feels off...still though, just one song in the entire game, I can live with that.

There could still be things to be revealed, but if not, I can live with what we have. And there's always the hope for DLC.

Did M. Sonic control more smoothly at slow speeds than he did in Colors and Unleashed, or does that still need work? Also, could you tell if this was the same build as the demo?

Edited by KrazyBean14

It was the either the E3 version or the latest version, but there was no City Escape. Modern Sonic controls much better but he still needs a little more work when it comes to slow speeds.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Well in that case, if it was played at SoS it's probably definitely the classic remix! I most certainly don't hate it - and I agree, it's really catchy and energetic. Endless Mine is an awesome addition, hands down. I just personally never quite got into the Cash Cash sound during Colours (though both Reach for the Stars and Speak With Your Heart are catchy and fun tunes!) after being used to the heavier C40 of the Adventure era. Give me catchy and fun a la Reach for the Stars versus something more epic like What I'm Made Of... and I would pick epic every time. That's just my personal music preference, I'm a heavy metal fan over pop so it's no wonder which way I swing! I don't think it's a bad remix at all, just not as much in my taste as the original.

Wonder if the Modern version will be the same as SA2...? And does this set the scene for classic remixes of some of the newer BGM, more synth and pop-y?

... But I can't just let you go on this one. I'm getting sick of hearing this. I really am.

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe people just have different taste in music?

Why's that? Because I can't accept change? Just think about your answer.

I don't see it as a resistance to change than it is a narrow field of taste and a bit of intolerance to others. With an example from me (spoiler tagged to save space):

This is one of my favorites.

This on the other hand, I don't particularly like.

Granted, I'm not psychic, but ever since Crush40 made a scene with their rock music in SA1 there's been a number of people who will not except anything that doesn't have an electric guitar and bass as "Sonic Music" and that anything else doesn't fit. Not that that represents everyone, I guess some people just hate getting out of their comfort zone. Not that I expect anyone to have the same tastes I do, but rather for those who listen to one genre of music acknowledge what you said and understand that people have different tastes. I like Crush40 as much as the next Sonic fan, but when it comes to levels there are certain genres which mesh with the atmosphere better than others.

EDIT: I think I may have went off on a tangent.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 4

Granted, I'm not psychic, but ever since Crush40 made a scene with their rock music in SA1 there's been a number of people who will not except anything that doesn't have an electric guitar and bass as "Sonic Music" and that anything else doesn't fit. Not that that represents everyone, I guess some people just hate getting out of their comfort zone. Not that I expect anyone to have the same tastes I do, but rather for those who listen to one genre of music acknowledge what you said and understand that people have different tastes. I like Crush40 as much as the next Sonic fan, but when it comes to levels there are certain genres which mesh with the atmosphere better than others.

EDIT: I think I may have went off on a tangent.

Funny, I reckon that's what June Senoue feels as well. I mean the guys arm and fingers must get tired after a while :lol:.

I'm sure the rest of the sound team would agree with that as well. No one man can handle an entire soundtrack, because with games, especially involving Sonic, 1 particular Genre of music simply cannot work. Be that rock, orchestra, electro and so on. Each environment looks and feels different and thus should sound different to. The sound should reflect the look and feel of the stage.

For example, Lava Reef Act 1 would work really well with a heavy Rock-style of Music, whereas Act 2 would do well to remix the same main melody but with a greater focus on Piano and drum-n-bass styled music, to reflect the cooler, crystalline look of the stage.