Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Ok guys. I registered here just to post in this topic, so now you're gonna hear MY two cents about the fandumb of Sonic. I went through 60 fucking pages of this dribble trying to find information I could not elsewhere and I did. However having to read through all you people's endless bickering about what WILL be a good game made me physically ill. I have the worst headache I've had in years trying to get through this topic because few of you people are satisfied with ANYTHING.

Do you think if SEGA wasn't trying we would have Sonic 4, Colours, and Generations at all? Of course not! You guys need to stop being so bloody self centered, and learn to appreciate what you're given. Times like these I find myself disgusted to be associated with people such as yourselves. Now if you're quite finished bickering amongst yourselves, flaming SEGA for no reason, and throwing popcorn all over the thread, kindly shut your bloody traps and move on to some PRODUCTIVE discussion.

NOW. As for the leaks. I for one am quite happy with the information I've found throughout this topic. Though I am slightly disappointed that some of my favorite stages didn't make it in, SEGA can't put everything in so I'm happy I got what I did. You should be too, but I guess that's too much to ask from the most insatiable fan community in the history of time.

Simply put, if the Sonic fan community was more like Mario's, SEGA would still be making consoles instead of toilets. That is all.

-Vahk

EDIT: If I hear ONE WORD about the autotuning in the City Escape remix I'm gonna go Chuck Norris on ALL your asses. XD

you may get massively flamed for this :/ I think the Sega forums are more your kind of place.

Forums.sega.com (as soon as they're back online) if not then enjoy your stay

Edited by Gartocer
  • Thumbs Up 2

I joined to discuss Sonic Generations. What I GOT was a 60 page flame war. I'm not trying to say everyone in the community is bad, it's just that most people can't seem to understand SEGA's point of view.

That said, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "unleashed", however I do know it was the PS2 and GC that sold out the DC, all I'm saying is maybe if people had been a little more lenient with the games, SEGA might have started up the console biz again by now. In other words, most of the hardcore fans are indecisive as a whole and too demanding.

wow

you just

okay, the equivalent to what you're saying is, if you had a wife, and you said yes that dress made her fat, the kids did grow up badly because she was a terrible parent, and that she's a soulless cold hearted bitch.

when you're actually the abusive husband.

What I'm trying to say is that hey man, we're all being pretty cool about this. There's arguments going on, yeah, but that's over what's been shown, not shit we haven't seen. People state opinions, others disagree. It's life.

Where as you pretty much came in, blamed basic discussion for the downfall of a company which makes no sense at all and is generally a stupid notion to even have, and acted like a dick.

what i'm trying to say there is that we're not going to all agree with everything and if you don't like that, kindly get out.

• Thumbs Up 5

I joined to discuss Sonic Generations. What I GOT was a 60 page flame war. I'm not trying to say everyone in the community is bad, it's just that most people can't seem to understand SEGA's point of view.

That said, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "unleashed", however I do know it was the PS2 and GC that sold out the DC, all I'm saying is maybe if people had been a little more lenient with the games, SEGA might have started up the console biz again by now. In other words, most of the hardcore fans are indecisive as a whole and too demanding.

There's plenty of other topics in which to discuss Generations on here, not just this one.

Regardless, what I mean by unleashed was, you may have just potentially incited the wrath of other members by signing up and posting an ironically-inflammatory rant with a few falsities sprinkled on top, (The Sonic fandom had nothing to do with the Dreamcast's death), after the bickering settled down no less, and I can't guarantee that others won't get in your butt about that... like right now apparently.

If you honestly wanted to discuss Generations instead of contributing to the tension, you should've added to the current topic of police chasers and the other models that were just shown off from the demo and just ignored it. Speaking of which, I had a little fun and made this parody about the police chasers.

you may get massively flamed for this :/ I think the Sega forums are more your kind of place.

Forums.sega.com (as soon as they're back online)

Personally? Unless people find a way to get a hold of me personally, I couldn't care less about being flamed for my opinion. It's a free country.

That said, since I have nothing more productive to add to this topic as of yet, I'll just sit and watch until something interesting happens again. You wouldn't happen to have any leftover popcorn would you now? :lol:

• Bad Quality Post 9

Yes, I have read the ENTIRE thread. You seem to be one of the few who can actually see the good in this game, even make light of a few of its REAL downfalls. :lol:

A downfall isn't exactly something to be made light of unless it's really minor or has something mildly enjoyable. Not that I see many downfalls to begin with, but you don't gloss over it if it's a big problem somehow and that's not regarding personal preference.

But, uh, seriously dude, we could do without the attitude. The last thing you want is to get an instaban from the mods for that kind of behavior, and the will not hesitate to do so. This goes without saying that they give very few strikes to begin with and are pretty lenient for the most part.

Besides, this is no worse than it was 6 years ago when were at war with each other's throats.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

...Speaking of which, I had a little fun and made this parody about the police chasers.

I loled. Reminds me of something similar I read a few weeks ago about a Creeper from Minecraft. :lol:

Also, if anyone wants something to flame me about, then I probably should not mention that I liked Sonic 06. No really. I did. I was as surprised as anyone. :mellow:

Edited by Vahkiti

Also, if anyone wants something to flame me about, then I probably should not mention that I liked Sonic 06. No really. I did. I was as surprised as anyone. :mellow:

We're seriously derailing to the point of no return now...

Anyway complaints aside...the list is somewhat growing on me, although for a game with 2 gameplay styles, there should be just a bit more stages from older Sonic games for Sonic and Sonic.

Also Classic in Modern and Vice versa, pretty wicked although I was hoping to see the spindash in 3D :/

Ok guys. I registered here just to post in this topic, so now you're gonna hear MY two cents about the fandumb of Sonic. I went through 60 fucking pages of this dribble trying to find information I could not elsewhere and I did. However having to read through all you people's endless bickering about what WILL be a good game made me physically ill. I have the worst headache I've had in years trying to get through this topic because few of you people are satisfied with ANYTHING.

Do you think if SEGA wasn't trying we would have Sonic 4, Colours, and Generations at all? Of course not! You guys need to stop being so bloody self centered, and learn to appreciate what you're given. Times like these I find myself disgusted to be associated with people such as yourselves. Now if you're quite finished bickering amongst yourselves, flaming SEGA for no reason, and throwing popcorn all over the thread, kindly shut your bloody traps and move on to some PRODUCTIVE discussion.

NOW. As for the leaks. I for one am quite happy with the information I've found throughout this topic. Though I am slightly disappointed that some of my favorite stages didn't make it in, SEGA can't put everything in so I'm happy I got what I did. You should be too, but I guess that's too much to ask from the most insatiable fan community in the history of time.

Simply put, if the Sonic fan community was more like Mario's, SEGA would still be making consoles instead of toilets. That is all.

-Vahk

EDIT: If I hear ONE WORD about the autotuning in the City Escape remix I'm gonna go Chuck Norris on ALL your asses. XD

Incorrect.

Edited by 2Fast2Serious

AUTOTUNE IN CITY ESCAPE. I HATE IT.

91.jpg

Seriously, nobody cares what you have to say. Signed up just to say that to us? Well, we feel so honored. Thanks!

My favorite part is when he says the Sonic fanbase is what killed off SEGA in the console market.

Proof that kids don't do their research nowadays.

I still think the stage list is dissapointing. Hate me for feeling that way but I don't care.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I still think the stage list is dissapointing. Hate me for feeling that way but I don't care.

Edited by Blue Blood

-Vahk

I can't understand why everyone is complaining about the Stages.

That are good choices from SEGA/Sonic Team.

It's a good mix. Other Sonic Games have the same. Let me compare this with Sonic 1 for example:

GHZ -> GHZ (Nature)

Marble Zone -> Crisis City (destroyed Civilization and Lava)

Spring Yard Zone -> City Escape/Speed Highway(Town)

Star Light Zone -> City Escape/Speed Highway(Town)

Ok can not compare more. But it's about 50% Town and 50% Nature/Other.

So.. What is the deal with all this complains?

If anyone who has hacked the generations demo,I'm not a hacker but is it possible for someone to upload the demo files for download or something. Or just the sound files if it's possible to put them online. No edited mp3s, the actual files.

Edited by WrappedInBlack

I can't understand why everyone is complaining about the Stages.

That are good choices from SEGA/Sonic Team.

It's a good mix. Other Sonic Games have the same. Let me compare this with Sonic 1 for example:

GHZ -> GHZ (Nature)

Marble Zone -> Crisis City (destroyed Civilization and Lava)

Spring Yard Zone -> City Escape/Speed Highway(Town)

Star Light Zone -> City Escape/Speed Highway(Town)

Ok can not compare more. But it's about 50% Town and 50% Nature/Other.

So.. What is the deal with all this complains?

Can you blame them for complaining? Sonic has gone through dozens of stage tropes yet in his big anniversary game that's meant to celebrate the whole series only offers around 6 different tropes, I know everyones fave stage can't be there but, seriously that list does little to celebrate 20 yrs of Sonic.

I agree even though i like the list, i understand what you(and everyone else) saying...but let's wait a little longer. We might be surprised and get more. After all this is only from the demo folder. I don't think a demo folder can have all the information inside about the game. Still i am no expert in these things so i might be totally wrong.

In any case let's save judgement for now.

Also let's not forget DLC, they can give more variety and more tropes.

Again i understand what everyone who doesn't like the list is saying and i have already defended the people who's saying that.

Edited by frokenok3

Can you blame them for complaining? Sonic has gone through dozens of stage tropes yet in his big anniversary game that's meant to celebrate the whole series only offers around 6 different tropes, I know everyones fave stage can't be there but, seriously that list does little to celebrate 20 yrs of Sonic.

It is still better than the 15th anniversary. ;)

It is not about how the stage is themed. It's about how the Stage itself is build.(routes, enemies etc.)

They are still complete different Stages, not a copy.

Anyways. We don't know how the other Stages will look like. Maybe it has the name of Stage X but is looking like Stage Y.

Stop complaining until we see them.

I'm a true Sonic Fan.. Seriously.. And I am not complaining.

Maybe you expected to much. I didn't.. Maybe that's why...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Models? I've seen the textures, but I wasn't aware that there were models too!

EDIT: Oh, here they are! From Andrew75 on Sonic Retro.

stuff1.png

they look good, hey is that the new EggRobo mentioned on the boss lists? Sure does look like it. It could be just an egg robo for sky santuary but it looks a little too big just to be an enemy. Then again Omochao looks pretty big too.

It is still better than the 15th anniversary. ;)

And least that game had more than two tropes :P

It is not about how the stage is themed. It's about how the Stage itself is build.(routes, enemies etc.)

They are still complete different Stages, not a copy.

It's about both. It's nice to have different themes when the game is representing the entire series.

Anyways. We don't know how the other Stages will look like. Maybe it has the name of Stage X but is looking like Stage Y.

Stop complaining until we see them.

We know what GHZ, CE, SSH, RTR and SS will look like. Besides, what's the point of stage X looking like stage y? They look like updates versions of their original stages. And before anyone says that SSH looks like OP, remember that the second half of SSH in Heroes was all ruins.

I'm a true Sonic Fan.. Seriously.. And I am not complaining.

Fuck you I'm the only true Sonic fan!

Maybe you expected to much. I didn't.. Maybe that's why...

Lower you expectations and standards. Then you'll always be happy!

Right, not going to get into this argument AGAIN. I'll not reply to anything else on this subject now. Send me a PM if you really want to discuss it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who knows what SEGA might do? They can easily turn anything into an enemy.

Like the spikes-- an enemy into an actual enemy.

Oh, and were the Cops really that bad from SADX? Don't get me wrong, there total trolls at first, but it shouldn't take to long to conquer their attack patterns..

And I don't care if I spelled conquered wrong!

That is diabolical sir, you go to run through the speed pad and SMASH! your dead... I love it.

And dont worry about spelling, im a terrible speller so i have word open so i can use spell check if i want.

Oh and i was letting the demo sit for a while, cause i like seeing sonic go through his waiting animation (ah nostalgia). And i looked away for a bit and when i looked back a flower in the foreground was moving right past sonic, slowly but still moving. Has anyone else noticed it?