Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Can anyone say what everything is on the model pic? I can tell what the S2 boost pad, S2 spring, Egg Robo, Omochao, Iblis Worm (I think), E-10 Cop Speeder are, but not the others... :-/

Edit: Oh wait that other guy is an Aero-Chaser, right? I thought those were bull-dozer shovels on his back xD

Edited by MarcelloF

I'm actually fed up of people always complaining about Modern Sonic's boost. I mean, in Sonic Adventure you can spam his spindash all the time! But NO, because it's Sonic Adventure, it doesn't count...

I'm fed up of always going to YouTube, clicking on a Generations video and seeing people saying that Modern Sonic is slippery whilst they haven't PLAYED THE GAME!!

Is it just me or do Adventure fans always complain about a Sonic game which isn't called Sonic Adventure 3?? I'm not implying to ALL Adventure fans though, also I liked Adventure and Adventure 2 (even with it's fatal flaws).

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: BTW, this was in response to Marcello on the page before.

stuff1.png

Top: S2 speed booster, grind rail spikes, GUN truck blade

Upper Middle: Bomb (same as in Unleashed), Iblis Worm thingy

Middle: Egg Robo (I think that thing round his foot is his gun), Aero Chaser

Lower Middle: Durr hurr totally not Omochao :P

Bottom: Cop Car for Speed Highway, S2 Springboard

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm actually fed up of people always complaining about Modern Sonic's boost. I mean, in Sonic Adventure you can spam his spindash all the time! But NO, because it's Sonic Adventure, it doesn't count...

I'm fed up of always going to YouTube, clicking on a Generations video and seeing people saying that Modern Sonic is slippery whilst they haven't PLAYED THE GAME!!

Is it just me or do Adventure fans always complain about a Sonic game which isn't called Sonic Adventure 3?? I'm not implying to ALL Adventure fans though, also I liked Adventure and Adventure 2 (even with it's fatal flaws).

You have a point about the boost and spindash spaming, but what fatal flaws?

Ah thanks. I thought the grind rails spikes were something from palm trees, but thought that wouldn't work, so I assumed it was from those spinning pillars.. The saw blade I totally forgot about and the bomb. I thought it was a bomb, but I didn't know from where. :lol:

I thought Aero-Chaser's missle containers were bulldozer shovels, so that confused me... :lol:

Thanks again.

Geeze, did Sega even try to hide ANYTHING in their demo code? XD The stage list seems solid enough to me, my only major beef is with Spagonia. Dragon Road, Arid Sands or Eggman land would have made a much MUCH representations for Unleashed. Yeah, this does unfortunately get back to the "TOO MANY CITIES!" debate, but I'll ignore that segment since it was already beaten to death in this topic. Unleashed whole shtick was the fact that it was Sonic, running through earth-like areas at an incredibly fast pace. I feel like nothing would push that theme through better than running down the great wall of China once again. Eggmanland was another good choice because in Unleashed it was 'soiled' by forced Werehog segments, so it was much more deserving of a re-imagining than Spagonia. And Arid Sands?... Well, I just like Arid Sands. o-o

But that ship has already sailed. My biggest concern is that they DON'T use the Ocean Palace theme for Seaside Hill. IMHO, Ocean Palace was probably one of the best themes in the game. (Which says a lot, because Heroes had a FANTASTIC soundtrack.) While Seaside Hill was... Ehhhh, at best. Since they're using Seaside Hill's name, I'm assuming that there will be a few beach segments (Maybe even referencing the killer whale from SA1?) in addition to the Ocean palace. I would bet that they're going to somehow mix both themes together, but honestly, I just want Ocean Palace. D:

Edit: First post for great victory!

Edited by Onyx Leo
  • Thumbs Up 1

You have a point about the boost and spindash spaming, but what fatal flaws?

I experienced quite a lot of glitches.

Hey there everyone, I've been reading this topic for the last 2 or so days now (on and off), and though there were some parts where I felt like facepalming, all in all, you all seem like cool people, so I thought I'd join and contribute ^^

As for the level list, it's a little disappointing with lack of level variety, but all my favourite levels are in the game, so I can't REALLY complain (well, except the Haunted Castle levels in Heroes XD). Also, during my reading of this, I don't think anyone else brought it up, but do you think maybe some of these levels, their twist will give them more of these tropes that the game seems to be lacking? Maybe more specifically in special missions?

One example I can think of is having maybe one mission of Roof Top Run where it's all covered in snow. Or one of Speed Highway where you enter Twinkle Park. Kind of a long shot, and doesn't exactly fix the problem in it's entirety, but I think it'd be cool regardless. I mean, if you think about it, the way they're playing up this Time Eater character, it's like he's distorting everything. So I could see them pulling off that kind of twist, even if it's only in side missions.

Can't wait for this game though! ^^

Edited by HeavyMetalGonyea
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just read through some of the early pages in this thread... Man, people REALLY like to forget how many city levels there were in Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just read through some of the early pages in this thread... Man, people REALLY like to forget how many city levels there were in Unleashed.

You've got a point! Apart from Holoska, Adabat, Mazuri and Eggmanland...ALL the other stages were based on cities (well, I don't know about Shamar since it was half city, half desert...)

That was the point of Unleashed- "World Adventure". Every level (Cool Edge is maybe a bit of a stretch) was at least partially set in a settlement.

Just to know, does most of you people want crisis city for the music and fire tornado or everything about it with improvments that they could or will make if it's gonna be in Generations?

Cause for me, I want a fire level yes, but I want to take some elements of the past fire stages we played so far from these 5 memorable games:

Sonic 1: Marble Zone

Traveling on the moving platform floating on the lava.

Sonic 2: Hill Top

Escape from the incoming lava trough the use of the elevator platforms.

Sonic & Knuckles: Lava Reef Zone

Eggman trying to prevent us from continuing the road by destroying our path or placing obstacles in our way while the lava is slowly catching up to us.

Sonic Adventure 1: Red Mountain

Rise and lower the lava ocean's level by making the giant rock pillar fall down. (okay we didn't really do that but it looked quite like it qhile going further inside of the mountain.)

Sonic '06: Crisis city

Flying car chase.. uh I mean the flaming tornado chasing us.

All of this in a single fire stage would be quite epic personally.

Buut meh, we'll see what SEGA has in store for us, hoping that there really will be a fire stage.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that I would prefer if it would be in a city but in a natural environment or close to it, not a full city we have lots of em already but I can handle it if it's gonna be a city stage, just make it challenging and fun.

Edited by Unholy Sønic

Hey there everyone, I've been reading this topic for the last 2 or so days now (on and off), and though there were some parts where I felt like facepalming, all in all, you all seem like cool people, so I thought I'd join and contribute ^^

As for the level list, it's a little disappointing with lack of level variety, but all my favourite levels are in the game, so I can't REALLY complain (well, except the Haunted Castle levels in Heroes XD). Also, during my reading of this, I don't think anyone else brought it up, but do you think maybe some of these levels, their twist will give them more of these tropes that the game seems to be lacking? Maybe more specifically in special missions?

One example I can think of is having maybe one mission of Roof Top Run where it's all covered in snow. Or one of Speed Highway where you enter Twinkle Park. Kind of a long shot, and doesn't exactly fix the problem in it's entirety, but I think it'd be cool regardless. I mean, if you think about it, the way they're playing up this Time Eater character, it's like he's distorting everything. So I could see them pulling off that kind of twist, even if it's only in side missions.

Can't wait for this game though! ^^

What would've been useless but awesome:

Real time and weather. Say if it's night where you are, the level would be night. And if it was raining outside, it would so in the game.

Real time and weather. Say if it's night where you are, the level would be night. And if it was raining outside, it would so in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

That would be better for Harvest Moon than Sonic.

SEGA should make it so you can install the game on your system, that would help cut down on lag and loading times.

SEGA should make it so you can install the game on your system, that would help cut down on lag and loading times.

You can install any game on the 360 if you wish to. I did it with Unleashed. PS3 works differently, though. Sometimes it's mandatory, sometimes it's not needed and won't even let you.

I'll be getting the 360 version since it looked slightly more vibrant and ran better than the PS3 version.

Yeah, but that reduced storage space on your system.

Maybe when the next Sonic game on the PS4 or Xbox 720 comes out, it'll have this feature...because now, the next-gen consoles are too weak to handle the full power of the Hedgehog Engine.

If that's the case. Sonic game using the Hedgehog Engine on Wii U, SEGA. Do it. Maybe then we'll see its true abilities.

If that's the case. Sonic game using the Hedgehog Engine on Wii U, SEGA. Do it. Maybe then we'll see its true abilities.

You don't know that yet. It seems to look only as powerfull as Gen 7 consoles, but that's a debate for another time.

It would please if the Hedgehog Engine was planned ahead to be actually going to all the backgrounds you're seeing instead of just flying by.

Miyamoto said that the Wii U is not amazingly stronger than the PS3 or Xbox 360...but that's another debate for another time.

You don't know that yet. It seems to look only as powerfull as Gen 7 consoles, but that's a debate for another time.