Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Since the new models have mouths on the side, it might be for refrence.

Since the new models have mouths on the side, it might be for refrence.

Maybe it confirms that the same artists for Unleashed and Colors work on this game.

Well it worked for the past two games, why fix what isn't broken.

Infact, this is the first time we've seen Knuckles U/C model.

Edited by MrMetalloidMan

I'm pretty sure it's the same artists, the rather cute touches and details from animations and stages confirm it.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Yeah, but that reduced storage space on your system.

True, but i think it would be worth it. all the games i installed on my PS3, though not that many, run perfectly.

Edit: i hate the mouth being on the side, it looks fine when the character is smiling, but when they talk it looks stupid

Edited by Eternlo

The two mouths is probably the key to a particular effect Sonic's model had in Unleashed. I remember Hashimoto talking about how Sonic's mouth orients itself on the muzzle depending upon the camera placement so that he properly keeps his trademark sideways mouth no matter where you turn the camera.

Well it worked for the past two games, why fix what isn't broken.

Infact, this is the first time we've seen Knuckles U/C model.

I am so psyched to see Knuckles again. :D

Edited by Lungo

The two mouths is probably the key to a particular effect Sonic's model had in Unleashed. I remember Hashimoto talking about how Sonic's mouth orients itself on the muzzle depending upon the camera placement so that he properly keeps his trademark sideways mouth no matter where you turn the camera.

That was Kawamura B)

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe when the second demo comes out? Unless: A: it's the same demo, but only with M.S., or B: SEGA is pissed at what we did and won't release it.

So we're talking about Knuckles now? Fine, I'd rather not deal with the fanrage a couple of pages ago.

Yeah that model looks pretty solid, his fist are finally in proportion with the rest of his body, my main problem with all 3D knuckles models were that his fist we're so much more bigger than his body, and he just looked stupid. As for the mouth, ehh it looks fine, though I wonder why Sonic & Knuckles have that while Tails & Amy's models don't, I mean Amy's face is pretty similar to Sonic's so I wonder why her mouth is in the right place.

Second Demo? Sega release second demo? O_O

The classic green hill zone level has a "1 # label" to it or something, implying that's it's only the first in a series of demos.

You know all this with the demo folder, it's very fishy. I think ST did that on purpose to get feedback or something in general.

About the demo i hope we get an update to play Modern Sonic as well.

I think ST didn't give us the modern version for 2 reasons.

1) To get only feedback for Classic Sonic and

2) So SoS11 can have something exclusive.

Of course SoS11 isn't only about the SG demo and even though i couldn't go i want to thank everyone who helped to make the event.

You know all this with the demo folder, it's very fishy. I think ST did that on purpose to get feedback or something in general.

About the demo i hope we get an update to play Modern Sonic as well.

I think ST didn't give us the modern version for 2 reasons.

1) To get only feedback for Classic Sonic and

2) So SoS11 can have something exclusive.

Of course SoS11 isn't only about the SG demo and even though i couldn't go i want to thank everyone who helped to make the event.

1) Why would they do that? Wouldn't have made more sense to get feed back from the whole game, instead of just half, especially since the main selling point are BOTH Sonics.

I think it was on purpose. No way could SEGA be so bumbling and let go of so much data about the game, just like that.

I don't get why get rid of Modern Sonic from the demo.

I suppose demo number two will be Modern?

1) Why would they do that? Wouldn't have made more sense to get feed back from the whole game, instead of just half, especially since the main selling point are BOTH Sonics.

Think about it that way. Modern gameplay of the 2D/3D in my opinion is nailed down. On the other hand though we have Classic gameplay.

ST might want to concentrate on one thing more and that's Classic gameplay. It's their first time trying to make a game with classic physics and momentum gameplay and they want to make it right.

By releasing the 1st part of the demo only Classic all Sonic gamers will give feedback on what the think about Classic gameplay.

Why does everyone keep saying they released the demo for feedback? This was a Birthday gift to the fans, and it's a demo, not a beta. Beta's are for feedback, not demos. They're pretty late into development now too, with levels built around how Sonic plays as he is, so I can't see much changing. Visitors of SoS who have posted their comparison thoughts on this and the newer build at the convention have said there's only graphical differences and of course some changes to level layouts that we've seen in gameplay videos and the Green Hill Zone trailer. I really doubt they'll modify either Sonic's gameplay.

Sorry for the rant. It's just been bugging me a little :P

Anyway, I love the recently posted enemy models and the elemental shield pics. This game really is crammed full of awesome nostalgia.

So we're talking about Knuckles now? Fine, I'd rather not deal with the fanrage a couple of pages ago.

Yeah that model looks pretty solid, his fist are finally in proportion with the rest of his body, my main problem with all 3D knuckles models were that his fist we're so much more bigger than his body, and he just looked stupid. As for the mouth, ehh it looks fine, though I wonder why Sonic & Knuckles have that while Tails & Amy's models don't, I mean Amy's face is pretty similar to Sonic's so I wonder why her mouth is in the right place.

I've always wondered this as well.

Why does everyone keep saying they released the demo for feedback? This was a Birthday gift to the fans, and it's a demo, not a beta. Beta's are for feedback, not demos. They're pretty late into development now too, with levels built around how Sonic plays as he is, so I can't see much changing. Visitors of SoS who have posted their comparison thoughts on this and the newer build at the convention have said there's only graphical differences and of course some changes to level layouts that we've seen in gameplay videos and the Green Hill Zone trailer. I really doubt they'll modify either Sonic's gameplay.

Sorry for the rant. It's just been bugging me a little :P

Anyway, I love the recently posted enemy models and the elemental shield pics. This game really is crammed full of awesome nostalgia.

I agree that we won't see many changes and maybe we may not see any changes at all apart from the graphical differences.

But a demo might be a feedback too sometimes...anyway.

I agree about the models and the shields. The lightning and Fire shield are awesome!

I suppose demo number two will be Modern?

Yes the second demo will be Modern Sonic, but with City Escape. I'm calling it now.