Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Retro... Respect for SEGA?

th_trollface_emoticon.gif

I can live without seeing all the models. I'm curious to see a few like Espio and Vector, but oh well. What's the game's out and I have it, I couldn't care less, though.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

But they have, they have downloads for model packs and textures on the first page of the topic.

Yes, in their raw .model file format they come as within the Generations folders. They specifically won't release all the models outside of that, because the .model format takes a lot of work to decrypt and convert to a format that's workable and can be viewed. In other words, unless you go through all the efforts to crack the .model format, you're screwed until possibly release date.

Good thing I sorta don't have to put up with this, heheheh..

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, in their raw .model file format they come as within the Generations folders. They specifically won't release all the models outside of that, because the .model format takes a lot of work to decrypt and convert to a format that's workable and can be viewed. In other words, unless you go through all the efforts to crack the .model format, you're screwed until possibly release date.

Good thing I sorta don't have to put up with this, heheheh..

Wait, so there's 2 different kind of model files, then? Ah.

Wait, so there's 2 different kind of model files, then? Ah.

Yeah, for some reason the majority of the models (at least for classic Sonic) are in a different format than the modern Sonic related models, which use the format that's on the models in Sonic Unleashed.

Step 1: go to Sonic Retro.

Step 2: go to Forums.

Step 3: download model and music pack.

It's that simple!

I have the model pack already but, someone said that those weren't all of them plus, I want the music files, the actual ones not mp3s, I plan on extending them but, when you edit mp3 files they loose quality. And I can't ask anyone for help from retro because, for some odd reason, I can't make a profile outside of their wiki and, once I made a wiki profile It says "You Don't have permission..." for basically anything I try to do.

Link for Models and textures:

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=25598

(Super Sonic both classic and modern are in there)

Edited by WrappedInBlack

I have the model pack already but, someone said that those weren't all of them plus, I want the music files, the actual ones not mp3s, I plan on extending them but, when you edit mp3 files they loose quality. And I can't ask anyone for help from retro because, for some odd reason, I can't make a profile outside of their wiki and, once I made a wiki profile It says "You Don't have permission..." for basically anything I try to do.

Link for Models and textures:

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=25598

(Super Sonic both classic and modern are in there)

Thanks for the link. I'm just having trouble trying to open and see the picture. Could anyone help me out on how to view "model" files?

Thanks!

Anyone got MP3s of the game's tunes (or at least some ADX files)?

• Thumbs Up 1

Could anyone who has access to the models please take screenshots? The only ones I've seen were Knuckles and C. Super Sonic with a really weird pose. Well, those and the enemies.

You'll need a model ripper for that format, which will allow you to go up to a whole bunch of higher-up hackers and rippers, which are usually stuck up arrogant pricks / hoarders / all of the above. There are very few that aren't that way however.

Either way if you get the models, the format to the rigs are working (barely), but the crack to get the animations has not been accomplished as of yet. So like I said, you guys may just want to sit this one out until someone manages to convert everything in the future.. which may take a long long time.

I love how Azukara said that models might take a while to emerge, and the next post posts models. :3

*gazes at the models forever*

EDIT: Omochao is soooo shiny~. owo

Edited by KCG

A Propeller on the Police-Car huh, interresting...

Edited by ChikaBoing

A Propeller on the Police-Car huh, interresting...

That "propeller" is light.

Edit: Omnitrix beat me to it.

Edited by Balding Spider

I love how Azukara said that models might take a while to emerge, and the next post posts models. :3

*gazes at the models forever*

You know I was talking about people seeing them for themselves, out of a 3D model viewing program, right? =P

You know I was talking about people seeing them for themselves, out of a 3D model viewing program, right? =P

Shuuuuuuuush. XP

And woah, that totally looked like a propeller. i no mohdells u giaz.

In a way, it makes sense too. Light going in different directions and forward. Alright.

I don't know if you already saw it, but there's a big Motobug too named as mis_obj_BigMotora.model between the models

I don't know if you already saw it, but there's a big Motobug too named as mis_obj_BigMotora.model between the models

Wat. That's epic.

It could turn out to be that big black motobug from colors