Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

The list wasn't determined by fans. We were asked what our favorite Zones were, without any known reason why. SEGA made the list.

Edited by MarcelloF

Only thing I can say to SEGA for the level list is "fuck you" D:

I mean, come on SEGA.

Sky Sanctuary? Seaside Hill? FUCKING PLANET WISP. Y U NO CHOOSE STARLIGHT CARNIVAL D:

• Thumbs Up 2

I meant that people were complaining about a list that had someone else's favorite stage and not theirs, they shouldn't blame SEGA for all of it at least. Although I do agree Sega should have changed a few decisions for the sake of variety. We basically have no ice stage.

Because Planet Wisp was probably the best designed zone and had some of the best designed stages in the game? Not to mention the music is bliss and there's quite a lot of untapped potential there. And more people love Sky Sanctuary than Starlight Carnival. Starlight Carnival would've been pretty good though, but they would need to make it much less automated. Seriously 3/4 of Act 1 was completely on-rails.

Edited by Bipolar Bear

I too would've preferred SC. We still have yet to have a space level in the HD games. :-/

Also, SC was really pretty.

I think the reason to why Ice Cap wasn't choosen was because there is a whole lot of whiteness involved with the whole "coloring everything back" theme.

I think the reason to why Ice Cap wasn't choosen was because there is a whole lot of whiteness involved with the whole "coloring everything back" theme.

Ice Cap is 80% blue, though.

I still think they'll toss it in as a snowboard mini-game for DLC.

Edited by Indigo Rush

The list wasn't determined by fans. We were asked what our favorite Zones were, without any known reason why. SEGA made the list.

Yes, and they chose our favorite stages. That means that it was indeed determined by the fans. An individuals abhorrence at the list does not represent the collective Sonic Community who love all of these stages, and they can only put so many stages in the game before missing the deadline.

• Thumbs Up 4

Its possible that Ice Cap is going to pop up in the 3DS version.

People will likely not be happy with that. XD;

Is Green Hill awesome? Yes.

Is Chemical Plant awesome? Yes.

Is Sky Sanctuary awesome? Yes.

Is Speed Highway awesome? Yes.

Is City Escape awesome? Yes.

Is Seaside Hill awesome? Yes.

Is Crisis City awesome? Yes.

Is Rooftop Run awesome? Yes.

Is Planet Wisp awesome? Yes.

The awesomeness of other levels should not make this level list less awesome.

Because Sonic Generations will be awesome.

• Thumbs Up 10
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Personally Speed Highway is the only one that seems more of a cult-favourite among Sonic Fans...the rest are neutral representatives.

There are 3 levels that start with the letters "C" and "S."

I want more variety.

This is what the city/greenery argument boils down to, really. Sonic goes to locations with grass, trees, water, buildings and roads all the time.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I will never understand why Sky Sanctuary is considered a bad level choice.

I understand people wanted Ice Cap, but goddamn.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 2

I will never understand why Sky Sanctuary is considered a bad level choice.

I understand people wanted Ice Cap, but goddamn.

Sky Sanctuary is bland looking and there are more memorable levels.

Yes, and they chose our favorite stages. That means that it was indeed determined by the fans. An individuals abhorrence at the list does not represent the collective Sonic Community who love all of these stages, and they can only put so many stages in the game before missing the deadline.

Uh, no. Fans chose what their favorite levels were. SEGA decided that these levels would be combined to be the level choice for a game.

For the record, not counting SSH, I love all of these levels.

Bland? Tell that to the Hedgehog Engine's face.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm really not sure what constitutes Sky Sanctuary as bland looking.

I'm not going to argue that it's more memorable, but I'd like to know how it's bland.

Edited by Chooch

I may not like Sky Sanctuary myself, but I recall it being a very popular level amongst fans for how unique it was. What's up with the sudden turnabout on the opinion of it?

Edited by ChikaBoing

Looking at the textures, I'm disappointed that Sky Sanctuary isn't yellow :V

My only beef with the level is that it got it over Lava Reef, But, hey Egg Robos. And if it starts off in Hidden Palace and then beams you up to SS I'd be so happy.

Bland? Tell that to the Hedgehog Engine's face.

Generation SS is more grey than yellow though, which is a bit disappointing. Either way, it's anything BUT bland and should be a delight to see.

Uh, no. Fans chose what their favorite levels were. SEGA decided that these levels would be combined to be the level choice for a game.