Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Elemental Shields?! Awesome?

MOTOBUG ITEM?!?! OMG! Or is that invincibility?

I hope Seaside Hill has some hermit crabs about!

Also, I actually like the list. Speed Highway was a decent stage which provide opportunity for some beautiful shots of other times of the day, Chemical Plant could be a great industrial level, and what if Planet Wisp takes a nod from the DS version and this is where you find...well...

Why is Sonic 06 superior to Sonic CD in Sega's eyes? What makes Sonic 06 of all Sonic games more deserving to have a stage in the 20th anniversary game than Sonic CD? Sonic 06, universally panned by critics and erased itself from the series canon, verses Sonic CD, regarded as one of the best games of the series and the debut of Amy and Metal Sonic. Also, how can Metal Sonic be in the game without a stage from Sonic CD? Sega, you have a lot of explaining to do.

It was mentioned in the Gamespot interview, that Sonic Team were focusing on titles that have had the most exposure. As respected as CD is, it is a pretty obscure title in comparison to games like 06, and while it would've been nice to see CD to get a stage, I can see why it was left out.

Elemental Shields?! Awesome?

MOTOBUG ITEM?!?! OMG! Or is that invincibility?

Yes!!! The shields are back!! And from what I can see so are the wisps!!

I am very pleased on the level list even though some of the levels that I was expecting are not there...though I am very surprised they didn't include a Sonic VS Knuckles fight in the game =(

Elemental Shields confirmed

e1009913d7ce.png

So the list of characters there are:

Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Rouge, Espio, Charmy, Vector and Blaze.

Interesting...

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys, Silver is a boss.

Silver. is. a. BOSS. As in, he's going against Sonic in the big 20th anniversary game.

Silver_Hedgie wins.

I'm more worried about how Silver's gonna fight you. *cradles self* The memories... THE MEMORIES.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh look! That appears to be a Pink Spikes and orange Rocket logos from Colours! Who wants to bet those abilities will be in Planet Wisp? They were abilities only availible for use in 2D parts....

Also, let's not forget that many of the bosses will probably feature more areas. Metal Sonic could very well exist in a Sonic CD arena. Shadow could be fought in a jungle. Egg Dragoon will probably be in a lava cavern.

Boss fights are kind of a mixed solution to the purported problem. Unless they make us have to chase these bosses to around different levels, to only have an arena to fight in is kind of... meh. I want to actually run through the locales, you see. Although I am interested in a redone Sonic vs. Shadow boss, the one up in the ARK. The modern iteration of that might actually be pretty beast.

Also shut the fuck up about Sky Sanctuary remedying anything. It's getting old.

Someone gets it. Thank you.

Also, only Spikes and Rocket?.... No Yellow Drill? ;; But hey, Elemental Shields are back. <3

Edited by Nepenthe

Could SOMEONE post the City Escape music already? They've already been shown off, especially Classic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thought I'd do something weird and bunch together all the stages and most of the bosses together into one image. Sort of gives an overall visual/color map of the game. Despite people saying there are a lot of repeats, I think it looks quite varied. Just needs a snow zone, though perhaps the final stage will give us our whiteness, lol.

8eCQ6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm actually fine with Ocean Palace. One of my favourite levels. I still hope for an ice stage though.

ICECAP!! Put it in SEGA!!

So you're implying that levels being "iconic" should excuse extremely poor lack of context.

No I'm not. Yes the list could have been far better. However, you must remember that this list was comprised of levels the fanbase chose as their favorites. Remember that facebook poll? Yeah, most of these levels featured as the top favorites. There are more varied zones and different themes they could have chosen, but the most popular are the most popular. There is nothing we can do about it. We can't say Sonic Team suck for making this list, because really, they just made what was most popular.

This was probably because people were looking at the stages they enjoyed the most, and didn't know Generations was around the corner. If we had known that the favorite levels were going to be shortlisted into a game, then there probably would have been a greater distribution of level tropes.

Oh well, we can probably bitch enough to make all the extra zones we wanted feature in DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

So the list of characters there are:

Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Rouge, Espio, Charmy, Vector and Blaze.

Interesting...

Maybe thier in the Item boxes... O3O this means...

HOLY CRAP THE HEROES LEVEL BETTER HAVE TAILS n KNUX ITEM BOXES.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I'm disappointed KV didn't get in or egg fleet and no lost world or emerald coast or ICE CAP :( (PLEASE MAKE SOME OF THOSE DLC!), but the bosses and shields definitely soften the blow and make me forgive sega. why the fans vote for these stages mommy? :unsure:

Edited by dudehedgehogfan1996

Retro's profile Hinchy, ripped music MP3:

Title Screen

Green Hill Classic

Invincible Classic

Green Hill Modern

Green Hill Modern/Boosting

Invincible Modern

Level Clear

Drowning

1-Up

http://www.mediafire.com/?c377dw5m549drui

Wait what? Does anyone else think we will be able to play as Modern soon? I mean his music is here.....

Thought I'd do something weird and bunch together all the stages and most of the bosses together into one image. Sort of gives an overall visual/color map of the game. Despite people saying there are a lot of repeats, I think it looks quite varied. Just needs a snow zone, though perhaps the final stage will give us our whiteness, lol.

8eCQ6.jpg

You know what? That. Looks. Great!

Edited by MobileChikane
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh well, we can probably bitch enough to make all the extra zones we wanted feature in DLC.

Yes, lets use our teamwork and power of friendship to Bitch until Sega Puts these stages in! Friendship FTW! ;)

I'm pretty neutral about the list. I'm not happy but I'm not really disappointed about it either. I'm hoping we get DLC stages, too. It's just funny watching everybodys reactions. You guys are happy, then mad, then happy, then mad again, lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm more worried about how Silver's gonna fight you. *cradles self* The memories... THE MEMORIES.

No kidding, the memories just don't go away. Also I'm glad I'll get to fight Shadow again. The Sonic vs. Shadow fights were pretty much the only character fight I've ever enjoyed.

Elemental shiels and wisps.... YES! :D

8eCQ6.jpg

Wow, when you put them in screens together, it does look pretty varied even if the tropes are the same. :)

• Thumbs Up 1