Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I thought it was mentioned in an interview that the Chaos Emeralds were going to be obtained through an alternate method.

Oh yeah...forgot about that. Hmm, maybe the Genesis emulator? like in Colours we complete acts and we earn emeralds?

Edited by frokenok3

I think Sonic 2's special stages are completely obsolete now. Unleashed game play is basically a fully fleshed out Special Stage anyways. You run forward, jump, and even dodge the same spike balls. Even 3DS special stages look like the HD version of Modern Sonic.

That's... really a stretch, man. >.>

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Oh yeah...forgot about that. Hmm, maybe the Genesis emulator? like in Colours we complete acts and we earn emeralds?

Huh. Genesis emulators COULD work. But then again, there's only four Genesis Sonic games in total. I wonder how they could do that, if getting Chaos Emeralds in the game is through the emulator? :huh:

Do people think full Genesis titles will be included on disc or save-states for certain stages for those games? For example, Sky Sanctuary Bonus Act loads Sonic 3 & Knuckles with Sky Sanctuary save. I think it's a good idea for game sales advertising for digital software. (For those who don't own Genesis trilogy).

Do people think full Genesis titles will be included on disc or save-states for certain stages for those games? For example, Sky Sanctuary Bonus Act loads Sonic 3 & Knuckles with Sky Sanctuary save. I think it's a good idea for game sales advertising for digital software. (For those who don't own Genesis trilogy).

Now that you mention it, I could see them doing that.

But why not take it a little further than just the classics? If we simply consider 'Genesis' to be the name of the emulator, then maybe we could see the original level of...

No, wait, forget I said that. I just remembered Unleashed, Colours and '06 are part of Generations. There's no way they'd include a full level from Unleashed or Colours. Far too big for a simple emulation type experience.

It'd be pretty cool if they added 16bitified versions of Radical Highway, City Escape, Seaside Hill, Crisis City, Rooftop Run, and Planet Wisp. But that's not happening. :lol:

But why would SEGA want to have the Genesis Emulator available for selling the Classic Sonic games? Other than making money, of course. They already have those games available in Xbox Live and PSN. ... On second thought, the concept of a Genesis Emulator found inside Sonic Generations sounds silly... But then again, Super Smash Bros Brawl had something like that.

Man, I'm thinking too much. XD

Edited by Tatsumaki

Maybe Sega will include a demo of Sonic Adventure to play Emerald Coast or Tails Windy Valley stage. I think this game will be a great opportunity for advertising xD

It'd be pretty cool if they added 16bitified versions of Radical Highway, City Escape, Seaside Hill, Crisis City, Rooftop Run, and Planet Wisp. But that's not happening. :lol:

But why would SEGA want to have the Genesis Emulator available for selling the Classic Sonic games? Other than making money, of course. They already have those games available in Xbox Live and PSN. ... On second thought, the concept of a Genesis Emulator found inside Sonic Generations sounds silly... But then again, Super Smash Bros Brawl had something like that.

Man, I'm thinking too much. XD

If they're really going to remake Planet Wisp, then Sonic Colors DS is going to look like an even bigger pile of shit.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Here is a nice video showing some features of Modern Sonic demo:

01:01 commentated run

03:55 non-commentated run

07:26 Modern Sonic in Classic Sonic's level

09:34 controls Easter Eggs and more

17:16 Does SEGA plan to release another demo?

18:40 Light Dash

19:40 Sonic's voice

20:49 Idle Annimations

24:43 How to hack the demo to play as Modern Sonic

Also, concept idea for extra old stages:

9lfxgz.jpg

Edited by ハリネズミ

Video is old but the image concept idea is new and it's not a bad one too.

Hmm, but if it's that way then it destroys the whole interactive menu/npc/characters/mission point.

Video is old but the image concept idea is new and it's not a bad one too.

Hmm, but if it's that way then it destroys the whole interactive menu/npc/characters/mission point.

I only found video recently! xD

Also I put concept idea together swiftly in Photoshop :D

Personally I think Sega should just focus on making good Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic stages and extra content only if time permits.

282498_10150257581677418_23050342417_7355775_1788081_s.jpg

I have the hugest Boner right now.

Can someone get a high quality res of this?

• Thumbs Up 1

282498_10150257581677418_23050342417_7355775_1788081_s.jpg

I have the hugest Boner right now.

Can someone get a high quality res of this?

WHAT THE HELL??! IT'S CLASSIC TAILS!!! OMG.

Damn, those pictures are SMALL! Also...that boxart is BRIGHT, they shouldn't have made the boarders blue because it clashes with Sonic and Sonic, SEGA should mix it up with some orange and yellows and reds!

Edited by KrazyBean14

Classic Tails is officially the cutest thing ever.

ALSO IMPORTANT:

chemplantls.png

On the far right, that is the cylindrical platform from Sky Sanctuary.

Classic Tails is officially the cutest thing ever.

ALSO IMPORTANT:

chemplantls.png

On the far right, that is the cylindrical platform from Sky Sanctuary.

Got any more new pics? Also...SKY SANCTUARY!!!!

Got any more new pics? Also...SKY SANCTUARY!!!!

Sega why are you cock teasing us, just show the damn stage.

Pssst...

Better-sized Classic Tails:

classictails.png

..Time to go into anime otaku mode: KAWAII DESU!!!!

Ok I'm done/

Ok I want my classic Knuckles and classic Amy, NAO!!

Edited by Shadic93

Pssst...

Better-sized Classic Tails:

classictails.png

Damn! its too cute!

Excuse me for a second.

OHMYGODCLASSICTAILSISSOCUTEANDFLUFFFYYYYYYYYYYY

Anyhow, the menu system still looks rather unique, though I must admit, a bit... barren. At the moment, at least. A quick guess I have is that perhaps you scroll through the levels, like a level select screen, only rather than selecting them, Sonic moves from left to right. Once on a level, you select it, and Sonic perhaps runs towards the opening seen on these areas, and maybe we'll be greeted with an area similar to the Act selection map in Colors? Heck, maybe to further add to this, maybe the area where the character mission can be initiated can have that character standing on the area, so Sonic can interact with them? And maybe certain levels will have bosses selectable in this kind of map, since Metal Sonic was confirmed to be a part of Chemical Plant?

Eh, who knows, at this point. We'll just have to see what happens! But it definitely looks very.. unique, to say the least, and each level area looks very full and vibrant, even without their full color-scheme filled in. So good job, Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 1