Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Okay i don't have anything more to say than the whole page 13 and 14 are FULL OF WIN!!! B)

Also this post should be like 30 minutes earlier but my bro said that i fainted. :lol:

Chemical Plant looks alot more like the Original in that Level Select Shot.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Since I posted it in the other thread: This is clearly Chemical Plant. ;)

MGCgY.jpg

I mean, even if they decide to not out-right call it Stardust Speedway, it's clear that... that's what it is.

Edited by Solofiveo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Seeing c.tails makes me wonder if they will have c.knuckles... if they do have him i want to see a cutscene where modern sonic is holding c.knuckles back with one hand on his head i would LOL so hard xD

Since I posted it in the other thread: This is clearly Chemical Plant. ;)

MGCgY.jpg

I mean, even if they decide to not out-right call it Stardust Speedway, it's clear that... that's what it is.

I believe it's a hybrid. Take a look at this shot here.

23418SG_bms_04.jpg

That clearly IS Chemical Plant, but my guess is, as the battle continues, the factory the 2 are in explodes and unveils the Stardust Speedway, as we all know and love. Plus, based on portions where Metal Sonic is sparking, and Sonic looks like he landed a punch, I'm guessing that, unlike the original fight, there will be opportunities to damage Metal Sonic during the fight, rather than making it a straight-forward race.

I'm just really curious as to how Modern Sonic will handle the fight, as well as what the "battles" against Tails, Knuckles, and the other members of the cast will look like. Should definitely be interesting, to say the least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, I know all the CPZ and C. Tails stuff is exciting, but can someone tell me where to find that info about the rivals and bosses and stuff? Dusk Golem's guessed order they go in?

I believe it's a hybrid. Take a look at this shot here.

That clearly IS Chemical Plant, but my guess is, as the battle continues, the factory the 2 are in explodes and unveils the Stardust Speedway, as we all know and love.

How is that definitely Chemical Plant? The floor is just the same as the rest of the boss and other than some fans the background is different.

Hey, I know all the CPZ and C. Tails stuff is exciting, but can someone tell me where to find that info about the rivals and bosses and stuff? Dusk Golem's guessed order they go in?

You mean this? There's the data he pulled out about the missions and there are some members' guesses about when rivals and bosses might come up, but if you have to collect boss keys then I would assume they're unlocked as soon as you have enough.

Edited by Lungo

You mean this?

Thanks!

It seems to me that the ordering will be like...

Green Hill

Chemical Plant

VS. Metal Sonic

Sky Sanctuary

VS. Death Egg

Since Metal Sonic seems to go from CPZ to Stardust Speedway. I hope someone hasn't made this point already.

I forgot to point out that I'm also loving the inclusion of the spotlights in Stardust Speedway.

Hmm, considering Classic Tails was revealed alongside Modern Tails, that may mean Modern Metal Sonic won't make an appearance, since Classic Metal was revealed on his own. Of course that's probably to do with it being the Classic era rival reveal. Still without being a boss in the DC or Modern eras, what purpose would the Modern version serve?

Edited by Lungo

I forgot to point out that I'm also loving the inclusion of the spotlights in Stardust Speedway.

Hmm, considering Classic Tails was revealed alongside Modern Tails, that may mean Modern Metal Sonic won't make an appearance, since Classic Metal was revealed on his own. Of course that's probably to do with it being the Classic era rival reveal. Still without being a boss in the DC or Modern eras, what purpose would the Modern version serve?

Wasn't it shown in the demo Data that Modern sonic has his own rival Boss fight of Metal Sonic?

Also I remember famitsu saying there is indeed a Modern Version of the fight.

Wasn't it shown in the demo Data that Modern sonic has his own rival Boss fight of Metal Sonic?

I wonder how that will be executed. I personally would like to see a sort of Terminal Velocity-esque kind of thing. Or maybe a set up similar to the final Sonic vs Shadow battle in SA2. I actually think that an on-rails, simple approach would work kind of well for this boss. Usually I'm not a huge fan of that sort of thing but this seems to be an exception.

On a completely off topic and random note...

The video in your sig made me lol. I'm a Brawl hacker myself (I make movesets not textures and heck I even made a Shadow moveset XD). Shadow's extremely overdone indeed, and most of the attempts are just poor...

Yeah it's been confirmed as you say. I was just thinking that Modern Sonic would fight Classic Metal, seeing as the Modern version wouldn't really belong in SS. Classic Sonic's going to have to fight Modern Shadow and Silver after all (unless they chibify them too, but I don't see that happening). Having said that, little Metal against Modern would be weird. Hmm...neither possibility feels right to me, not that I'll complain if/when one of them happens.

Edited by Lungo

Chemical Plant and that Metal Sonic boss fight are looking sweet.

Also, am I the only that noticed that they used footage of a new build for Sonic Generations' Green Hill Zone segment in SEGA's Sonic 20th Anniversary video? At 2:47-2:52, look at the life icon. It's completely different from the Demo's build.

How is that definitely Chemical Plant? The floor is just the same as the rest of the boss and other than some fans the background is different.

• Bad Quality Post 3

Don't read if you don't want any spoilers:

Imagine force of Classic Sonic Spin-Dash with Pink Wisp on Wisp Planet! Do people think Sega will make speed even higher?

Edited by ハリネズミ
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Also, am I the only that noticed that they used footage of a new build for Sonic Generations' Green Hill Zone segment in SEGA's Sonic 20th Anniversary video? At 2:47-2:52, look at the life icon. It's completely different from the Demo's build.

I love how all those sprites that they use for behind the letters are just Splash Hill's sprites with Sonic CD's having a red ring.

Look at the pic I wrapped in spoiler tags. It takes place in a factory that resembles Chemical Plant highly, and is unlike any part of Stardust Speedway. Yet, the rest of the level IS Stardust Speedway. Again: it's a hybrid.

• Thumbs Up 9
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Classic Tails and Modern Tails looks so cute together x3. Notice how Sonic 4 is not on the 20 year recap vid xP

Words

You missed the POINT. So. Freaking. Hard. This area is nothing like what's been found in Stardust Speedway, and resembles what we've just seen in Chemical Plant, the level that these pics have all come from. Yes, OTHER parts look a lot like Stardust Speedway, as it should, that's BLATANTLY obvious, and I really like that! I LOVE the fact that Sonic CD is getting some representation. But the picture I posted looks JUST like Chemical Plant. Plus, in an interview, it's said that the Metal Sonic battle takes place in an exploding Chemical Plant, with elements of the original CD race thrown in. This seems to give credence to that claim. That's all I'm saying. No need to write an essay over something so fucking trivial.

Why is it such a big deal to you if it happens to be a hybrid of Chemical Plant and Stardust Speedway anyway?

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 3

I knew metal sonic was gonna look better ingame. All the characters have been looking better ingame compared to their CG models. I hope the same thing will end up applying to tails whoohoo

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I love the fact the boost bar is smaller...kudos New Sonic Team yall learnin'.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the fact the boost bar is smaller...kudos New Sonic Team yall learnin'.

I'd say that looks like old footage actually. Also, there's a shop in this game. I assume you can upgrade your boost bar there.

You missed the POINT. So. Freaking. Hard. This area is nothing like what's been found in Stardust Speedway, and resembles what we've just seen in Chemical Plant, the level that these pics have all come from.
I really don't see Chemical Plant at all in that picture. Can't say it looks like Stardust Speedway either, but I'm not sure what you're seeing that makes you so sure it's Chemical Plant.