Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

@Blueblood

I don't know if it's old footage. The life bar is on the top right with a different icon yeah. That could mean it's an older or a newer build. But the only builds we've seen so far are the preview build(with the uncurling) and the demo build. Both had the classic sonic as a life icon. The chances are imo small that the build they've used is an even older build than the 2 we've allready seen.

What I think is that it might be a slightly newer build. And you know, there is a very noticable thing about the recent aniversary trailer. When classic sonic goes down the S tunnel. He doesn't go as fast as he did in the Demo. In the demo it feels as if you're launched by an invicable speed booster. In the new footage he goes down more naturally. Sadly you cannot see at what speed he enters the S tunnel but i'd be glad if this sorta hinted to a non scripted S tunnel and that they're still very much tweaking the game.

This is just wishful thinking though

Edited by Jaouad

s2-cpz-summaryimg.png

This is Chemical Plant.

scd-ss-summaryimg.png

This is Stardust Speedway Present.

Ssbadfuture.png

This is Stardust Speedway in a bad future.

I wouldn't be surprised if people mistake Stardust Speedway's bad future for the Chemical Plant Zone since the area gets turned into factories.

Edited by STrainer
  • Thumbs Up 6

I really don't see Chemical Plant at all in that picture. Can't say it looks like Stardust Speedway either, but I'm not sure what you're seeing that makes you so sure it's Chemical Plant.

Mainly these two shots. I'll concede it's a bit of a stretch, but with matching color schemes, or the fan in the right of the second picture, as well as both these screen shots and the previous one having factory elements, as well as the news that the Metal Sonic battle takes place within Chemical Plant, as WELL as the lack of any other factory stages within the game besides (possibly)

Planet Wisp

Well, that's why I'm saying it's part of Chemical Plant, as well as (obviously) part of Stardust Speedway, anyway. Again, I love the CD representation, and I'm SO glad Stardust Speedway made it in, especially after the high-demand for it in the polls, but I don't have a problem with them throwing in Chemical Plant elements as well to make it flow better with the rest of the level.

Edited by EXshad

I dunno, I still don't see it. I think they're just embellishing Stardust Speedway a bit.

Well they have been mixing in elements from other stages in the stages already shown. GHZ has some EHZ in it so why not Stardust speedway. although i don't see chemical plant in the metal sonic images.

I dunno, I still don't see it. I think they're just embellishing Stardust Speedway a bit.

Eh, could be true as well. I dunno, we'll see what happens. I might be wrong, but based on the article which said that the Metal Sonic fight apparently is taking place in Chemical Plant, but with Stardust Speedway elements... who knows? I guess we'll have to see what happens. Personally, I'd be happy either way... all I know is that Stardust Speedway's in the game and it's epic.

Eh, could be true as well. I dunno, we'll see what happens. I might be wrong, but based on the article which said that the Metal Sonic fight apparently is taking place in Chemical Plant, but with Stardust Speedway elements... who knows? I guess we'll have to see what happens. Personally, I'd be happy either way... all I know is that Stardust Speedway's in the game and it's epic.

Dio's right on this one. The inside area of Stardust Speedway is a lot more similar to the the outside areas of the same level than Chemical Plant. Like with with GHZ's cave and CE's construction sites, they're just bringing the stage to life.

Dio's right on this one. The inside area of Stardust Speedway is a lot more similar to the the outside areas of the same level than Chemical Plant. Like with with GHZ's cave and CE's construction sites, they're just bringing the stage to life.

Eh, again: could be true. Especially considering that, in the same pic I posted, you can ALSO see the background to Stardust Speedway. Still, I say either explanation could be possible, especially with that "Chemical Plant's exploding and you have to race Metal Sonic" rumor we got.

.....in all honesty though, I'm rooting against myself, simply because I don't want to have the bosses be specifically tied to one level, rather seeing each era have one rival and one boss fight to represent said era in its entirety. Still, that's just what I saw in the screen-shot, based on that article we heard from before. Again though, we'll see. I'm just trying to call it as I see it, is all :P

Edited by EXshad

Coincidentally, Sonic 2 and CD were developed around the same time and shared a time travelling gimmick before it was used exclusively for Sonic CD...

How great would it be if this game incorporated a good future/bad future system like in Sonic CD?

Smaller boost bar too. I like.

Do you think we'll be able to customize Sonic like in Sonic Unleashed?

Has anyone mentioned that all the levels in the level list extracted from the demo, show up in the 20th anniversary video.

I know most of the levels are the most popular, i just think its funny. Also, i wonder why secret rings is in the video but not 3d blast, black knight or sonic 4. Maybe they wil use something from the secret rings in generations.

Has anyone mentioned that all the levels in the level list extracted from the demo, show up in the 20th anniversary video.

I know most of the levels are the most popular, i just think its funny. Also, i wonder why secret rings is in the video but not 3d blast, black knight or sonic 4. Maybe they wil use something from the secret rings in generations.

Doubt it but hey i won't complain if we have a level from Secret Rings.

I think the trailer is just to show the KEY games of Sonic's 20 years.

Doubt it but hey i won't complain if we have a level from Secret Rings.

I think the trailer is just to show the KEY games of Sonic's 20 years.

I doubt they would use a whole level, i was thinking like a mini-game or something.

Its probably just a coincidence that the levels from the leaked level list are in the video, i over think things alot.

Edit: Oh i also noticed that the new modern tails render for generations is a cg version of his sonic advance 3 art. But im not sure about the classic tails render.

Edited by Eternlo

Now I wonder... will they make classic Amy in a chibi look or like in Sonic CD?

I doubt they would use a whole level, i was thinking like a mini-game or something.

Its probably just a coincidence that the levels from the leaked level list are in the video, i over think things alot.

Edit: Oh i also noticed that the new modern tails render for generations is a cg version of his sonic advance 3 art. But im not sure about the classic tails render.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing. We might see a mini game or something. After all Secret Rings had mini games if i remember right.

I try not to think that maybe JUST MAYBE one of the levels shown in the video(not the confirmed ones) we'll see them as DLC. :lol:

Now I wonder... will they make classic Amy in a chibi look or like in Sonic CD?

I'm as certain as I can be that it will be her CD self. Imagine the uproar if it wasn't. Lol I wouldn't want to be around for that.

There have been toys of Classic Amy recently, haven't there? I doubt that we'll be getting a miniature Modern Amy for no reason.

I'm pretty excited to see her in classic mode, honestly, probably more than any other character aside from Eggman. I've always found Classic Amy's ridiculous '80s outfit and the fact that she basically looked like Sonic in drag pretty endearing.

There have been toys of Classic Amy recently, haven't there? I doubt that we'll be getting a miniature Modern Amy for no reason.

I'm pretty excited to see her in classic mode, honestly, probably more than any other character aside from Eggman. I've always found Classic Amy's ridiculous '80s outfit and the fact that she basically looked like Sonic in drag pretty endearing.

Ah yes, the Jazwares toys, I forgot. I really don't care for her old design but it should definitely be used.

I too am looking forward to seeing Classic Eggman in all his spherical glory and hope they reveal him alongside his Modern self like they did with Tails. =]

Yeah i was thinking the same thing. We might see a mini game or something. After all Secret Rings had mini games if i remember right.

I try not to think that maybe JUST MAYBE one of the levels shown in the video(not the confirmed ones) we'll see them as DLC. :lol:

The mini-games were like sonic shuffle, which i love for its mini games.

The other levels in the video could be levels sonic team is thinking of adding as DLC.

I was also thinking, what if the console version does have special stages but instead of being the same, one could be from sonic 1, then 2 and 3 and so on, i think that would be awsome.

MODERN GREEN HILL ZONE:

Mission 2: VS Tails (....wut)

CLASSIC CHEMICAL PLANT ZONE

Mission 1: Co-Op Tails (tails co-op partner?)

So does that mean that when we see Modern Tails in Green Hill and Classic Tails in Chemical Plant?

Also, doing finding the Classic or Modern version of a character automatically unlock the other version?

Edited by STrainer