Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

It's been repeatedly said that the console versions don't have special stages.

Classic Tails and Modern Tails looks so cute together x3. Notice how Sonic 4 is not on the 20 year recap vid xP

Sonic 4 isn't complete thats why

• Thumbs Up 6

What if we get some generic boss music for the Metal Sonic part.

On no.

If the generic boss theme is good I would not care. ;)

Would be great to hear different themes for each Sonic Game. Remade of course.

It would be epic if we get a remix of this for Metal Sonic!:

+epic laugh of course. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

You know i was thinking about the small stuff we might see in Sonic Generations.

Let's say for example the cannon from Sonic Heroes is in the game. I'd like to see the pole as well from Heroes. I always liked how they grabbed the pole and start rotating. ;)

The pipes in Chemical Plant.

Too bad we don't have breaking walls in Green Hill. It will be kinda nice breaking the those walls in HD. :D

Well City Escape has the snowboarding section of course. ;)

What else...planet wisp get it's colours powers. B)

Rooftop run. What was really unique about it...i guess the clock tower is the most amazing thing from it. It was heartbreaking the first time.

Sky Sanctuary...well i don't think i have to say anything here. :P

Crisis City obviously the Tornado. :lol:

Speed Highway....well it won't be speed highway without it's awesome building run. B)

• Thumbs Up 1

You know i was thinking about the small stuff we might see in Sonic Generations.

Let's say for example the cannon from Sonic Heroes is in the game. I'd like to see the pole as well from Heroes. I always liked how they grabbed the pole and start rotating. ;)

The pipes in Chemical Plant.

Too bad we don't have breaking walls in Green Hill. It will be kinda nice breaking the those walls in HD. :D

Well City Escape has the snowboarding section of course. ;)

What else...planet wisp get it's colours powers. B)

Rooftop run. What was really unique about it...i guess the clock tower is the most amazing thing from it. It was heartbreaking the first time.

Sky Sanctuary...well i don't think i have to say anything here. :P

Crisis City obviously the Tornado. :lol:

Speed Highway....well it won't be speed highway without it's awesome building run. B)

That actually gives me some ideas...

For Speed Highway, if they're going to embellish certain aspects of the level that set it a part in its original incarnation, I really hope we get a neon-lit tunnel, with Sonic racing along side loads of cars in the neighboring lane. Think of a futuristic freeway! I've always dreamed of seeing that in a Sonic level, I really hope they follow through with something like this. I also hope we get an awesome sequence of Sonic floating off of a massive building and down to another area, to showcase the height of the buildings and scope of the highway, maybe after the part where he's taking a ride on the helicopter?

Also, just to a unique twist on the level, maybe during the building chase, it could be fleshed out to have a portion where the camera pans behind Sonic and starts firing at you with machine gun rounds? I mean, it COULD make sense, given how in Sonic Adventure DX, they retextured the helicopter to have the GUN logo.

Heck, I'd love to see a lot of levels re-imagined in this style. As a subtle nod to the Egg Robo piloting Eggman's mechs in Knuckles' story in Sonic 3, as well as the fact that some of Eggman's classic mechs appear in Sky Sanctuary piloted by Mecha Sonic, maybe some Egg Robos piloting the Wrecking Ball or Flying Eggman could make a cameo, appearing as mini-bosses, like the final enemy from Act 6 of Asteroid Coaster in Sonic Colors did? Or for Seaside Hill, the turtles that appeared in Ocean Palace could reappear, maybe bursting out of the water as you approach them, rather than being just stationary? Heck, maybe they'd knock over some ruins upon their appearance, or something.

And this kinda creativity shouldn't be limited to levels, either; bosses should get in on the action. For Perfect Chaos, for example, imagine if, for some parts of the level, Sonic has to run on the sides of the ruined buildings to avoid Chaos' attacks, and as the attacks miss Sonic, they further damage the building, perhaps sinking it once Sonic jumps off? Or maybe the Shadow rival battle can take place on Prison Island, and as they race/battle, the island behind them begins to explode as the fight nears its end? Stuff like this would be really epic to see in the final game, I think.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 6

If the generic boss theme is good I would not care. ;)

Would be great to hear different themes for each Sonic Game. Remade of course.

It would be epic if we get a remix of this for Metal Sonic!:

+epic laugh of course. :D

As others have said, the best situation would be if we get the US music for one Sonic and the JAP music for the other Sonic.

That actually gives me some ideas...

For Speed Highway, if they're going to embellish certain aspects of the level that set it a part in its original incarnation, I really hope we get a neon-lit tunnel, with Sonic racing along side loads of cars in the neighboring lane. Think of a futuristic freeway! I've always dreamed of seeing that in a Sonic level, I really hope they follow through with something like this. I also hope we get an awesome sequence of Sonic floating off of a massive building and down to another area, to showcase the height of the buildings and scope of the highway, maybe after the part where he's taking a ride on the helicopter?

Also, just to a unique twist on the level, maybe during the building chase, it could be fleshed out to have a portion where the camera pans behind Sonic and starts firing at you with machine gun rounds? I mean, it COULD make sense, given how in Sonic Adventure DX, they retextured the helicopter to have the GUN logo.

Heck, I'd love to see a lot of levels re-imagined in this style. As a subtle nod to the Egg Robo piloting Eggman's mechs in Knuckles' story in Sonic 3, as well as the fact that some of Eggman's classic mechs appear in Sky Sanctuary piloted by Mecha Sonic, maybe some Egg Robos piloting the Wrecking Ball or Flying Eggman could make a cameo, appearing as mini-bosses, like the final enemy from Act 6 of Asteroid Coaster in Sonic Colors did? Or for Seaside Hill, the turtles that appeared in Ocean Palace could reappear, maybe bursting out of the water as you approach them, rather than being just stationary? Heck, maybe they'd knock over some ruins upon their appearance, or something.

And this kinda creativity shouldn't be limited to levels, either; bosses should get in on the action. For Perfect Chaos, for example, imagine if, for some parts of the level, Sonic has to run on the sides of the ruined buildings to avoid Chaos' attacks, and as the attacks miss Sonic, they further damage the building, perhaps sinking it once Sonic jumps off? Or maybe the Shadow rival battle can take place on Prison Island, and as they race/battle, the island behind them begins to explode as the fight nears its end? Stuff like this would be really epic to see in the final game, I think.

Great ideas and also give some too.

Like In seaside hill(as a reference to 06) you could grab a fin of a whale and ride through the water controlling the whale as she destroy some rocks and other stuff that is in its path.

Or in crisis city you could go inside the tornado(like in windy valley)and have to go up to get out of it.

Also would like to see some platforming on the top of the trees in planet wisp, they look perfect for jumping on, and fight with one of the machines in that level (really they have a big chainsaws that break rocks) it could work kinda like the truck in city escape.

And it would really be cool to go on one of those flying enemies in roof top run and be chase be others in a sky chase over spagonia, just too look a the scenery, finalizing in a crash on the clock tower.

I just realized something. If Egg Dragoon is using Werehog... CLASSIC WEREHOG FTW

OH HELL NO!

werehog_in_my_generations_by_segatidbits-d416blq.jpg

Edited by SegaTidbits
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 3

If we're getting Wisps, we're getting the Werehog in some shape or form.

People hated '06 in general, but we're still getting one of it's stages in the game.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

People hated '06 in general, but we're still getting one of it's stages in the game.

I can totally see what werehog as maybe a Ristar...OPTIONAL powereup, but I don't see it happening.

I can totally see what werehog as maybe a Ristar...OPTIONAL powereup, but I don't see it happening.

OH HELL NO!

I doubt the Werehog will make a playable return, but I do suspect we'll be dealing with the Dark Gaia spawns at night.

Werehog could work for one boss fight, or or just a short period of time.

First half Classic Sonic Werehog does some Ristar Plattforming, Second half you play Modern Werehog as a Beat-em-up, do soem button-mashing pull of tons of fancy moves. Werehog redeemed.

• Thumbs Up 2

OH HELL NO!

There might be a good chance that Modern Sonic will turn into a werehog if they're covering Sonic Unleashed portion of the game but I fear for Classic Sonic turning into a werehog...

I could see the hourglass from Eggmanland as a potential Werehog powerup, wich could enable alternate routes that only the Werehog can take.

But it should be optional.

I could see the hourglass from Eggmanland as a potential Werehog powerup, wich could enable alternate routes that only the Werehog can take.

But it should be optional.

It'd be good if it was made as some kind of shortcut, or a place where you NEED to access if you want to 100% the game to gather objects and stuff. And if it will exist, it shouldn't be as tediously long as some Unleashed levels.

well the werehog as to be part as the game somehow because is a big part of unleashed, and wanted or not he is sonic. So maybe not playable but there is a strong possibility that he is in the game.After all this is the 20th anniversary of sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if someone has mentioned that, but I could image that the Werehog get used at the 'Egg Dragoon' Boss.

Egg Dragoon was a Werehog Boss at Sonic Unleashed and I can't believe that the Werehog icon in the leak is just a leftover.

As redhellc said. The Werehog is still a big part of Unleashed. For me it would be a big surprise if he has no appearance at Generations. :P

• Thumbs Up 2