Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I would actually find it quite hilarious if SEGA put in the Werehog as a semi joke in the Unleashed section. I heavily doubt they actually will though seeing as everyone hated it and SEGA has even recognized this themselves! Also I think a lot of people are basing this on a leftover 1UP icon in the demo's code. It is not a lot of evidence to speculate on.

I conclude that it would be an amusing move on SEGA's move but I very much doubt it will happen!!

Also Czesc to the community! I am a new member :)

• Thumbs Up 1

It'd be good if it was made as some kind of shortcut, or a place where you NEED to access if you want to 100% the game to gather objects and stuff. And if it will exist, it shouldn't be as tediously long as some Unleashed levels.

My thoughts exactly.

Put some red rings, some item boxes up in there, some Dark Gaia spawn to fight etc...

And I think maybe you could get bonus points for killing the Dark Gaia spawn.:huh:

And yeah those segments shouldn't be too long and tedious.

I didn't have too much of an issue with the werehog, so I wouldn't mind a reference to him. Like others have said, the game is celebrating 20 yrs of Sonic history. if we can have a stage from one of the worst game in the series, I don't see why the werehog should be ignored.

I don't mind the Werehog in generations. Just make his levels 5 minutes long, not 20-30min or 1 hour long!(I'm looking at you Eggmanland!)

Putting the Werehog in for a single boss fight wouldn't make any sense from a development standpoint. Egg Dragoon is the final boss before Time Eater, they're not going to force players to learn an entirely new gameplay style that late in.

And ST knows that the Werehog was especially depised in the mainstream. Can you imagine how people would rage if they Rooftop Run trailer comes out and the Werehog is in it? Ugh...I don't even want to think about it

Also, I reject the idea that because people didn't like 2006, but a level from 2006 is in the game, then the Werehog must be too. Sonic2006 got terrible reviews because it was glitchy, poorly written, with poorly designed gameplay; the zone concepts weren't what causes the game to be bad. The Werehog was the exact opposite for Unleashed. The Werehog was the direct cause of the majority of bad reviews. Putting in the Werehog is much more comparable to intentionally making the 2006 level suck.

Edited by SpookyMulder
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I doubt that we'll see any playable Werehog action. Wisps are one thing, but making the player learn a completely different game for a section of one level or a boss sounds like an even worse idea than the way the Werehog was implemented in the first place, even if it's for the sake of an homage. Generations is making plenty of references to the less-loved games in the series and I love that it's doing that, but I still don't think anyone at Sonic Team could be that enthusiastic about something that's considered by most non-fans to be a worse mistake than anything in '06. I'm sure we'll see some kind of reference to the guy, but playable? Never.

EDIT: MULDERRRRRR

Edited by Octarette
  • Thumbs Up 3

Putting the Werehog in for a single boss fight wouldn't make any sense from a development standpoint. Egg Dragoon is the final boss before Time Eater, they're not going to force players to learn an entirely new gameplay style that late in.

This. Which leads me to believe that they're going to let you fight the Egg Dragoon with regular modern Sonic. That said, I think the boss fight might take place during the opening to Unleashed (In space with all those battleships and stuff) as Sonic DID fight the Egg Dragoon there as well.

That means it's the fans fault for choosing such a lack of variety. (I never voted)

That means it's the fans fault for choosing such a lack of variety. (I never voted)

Edited by Lungo

I think there should be some Sonic Rush Music in this game. It's an important game in the Series, like Secret Rings which showed in the Anniversary Video.

It is wonderful that he pushed to get something like that to happen (seriously, props to the guy for all his fantastic, fan-orientated work at SEGA. It's unlikely anyone else will ever do that job so well), but the way Sonic Team decided to go about it was rather flawed. Of course they couldn't let on that they were using the results for a game, but I don't think anyone would have picked Green Hill and Seaside Hill to appear in the same game, or so many cities at the expense of several other tropes that are iconic of the series. It's not so much the fans fault like AAUK says, but Sonic Team's fault for so rigidly following the results. They should have looked at them like this:

City Escape and Speed Highway got the most votes for SA2 and SA1? Hm. Well, City Escape got 84% of the votes while Speed Highway only got 68%? Speed Highway is less popular than City Escape, another city stage, so we should go for the second most popular SA1 stage instead. And Seaside Hill and Green Hill have both won? Well, they're far too similar. Let's go with the second most popular Heroes stage, since Green Hill is far too iconic to miss out.
Edited by Blue Blood

Maybe Sega are too scared of a fan backlash to make those decisions? Not saying that listening to the fans is bad or anything (I think the exact opposite), but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Edited by Jaymeister

What if instead of the Egg Dragoon we fight after Eggmanland, it's the version we see in the intro movie?

That way, no Werehog and you can get an epic battle in space. :D

Edited by STrainer
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Didn't the poll only include Sonic the Hedgehog through Sonic Adventure 2? So Seaside Hill, Crisis City, Rooftop Run, and Planet Wisp were not selected by fans were they?

Also, I do think the poll was a rather flawed concept. Had fans known they were making a game, the level list may have looked very different. I know it would have blown the surprise, but I think it would have been awesome if SEGA announced the game was going to be produced back in 2008/2009 and told fans they could help choose the levels in the game.

The game looks and sounds awesome, but it could have been even more awesome had there been a discussion about the zones, rather than a simple poll.

So Seaside Hill, Crisis City, Rooftop Run, and Planet Wisp were not selected by fans were they?

@ChikaBoing, I would hardly use the word "undeniable."

A lot of people, possibly even a majority, prefer Kingdom Valley over Crisis City.

Many players actually found Planet Wisp to be the most underwhelming stage in the game. Personally, I love the stage, but it's not universally loved.

Rooftop Run is a decent stage with plenty of fans and there's a good chance it would have made in the game had Unleashed been included in the poll. However, I would not have been surprised if Cool Edge, Savannah Citadel, or Dragon Road had won in the poll.

And I don't think it would be "beyond stupid" for SEGA to say "Look, we're making this game and part of it's plot involves revisiting old environments. What would you like the stage list to be like?" When the discussion was over, they wouldn't have to reveal which stages they had ultimately chosen and they could have completely avoided mentioning the game again until it's official announcement. Classic Sonic's appearance would still have been a surprise and people would not have known for sure what stages were going to be included, nor what they're going to look like.

I guess I've just gotta accept the fact that because people hated the Werehog, Sonic team are just gonna conveniently forget that half of an entire game happened. :v

Welp, if it's what the people want and if it'll help game sales and reviews then I'm all for it. I honestly didn't have a problem with the Werehog gameplay though, just needed to be a little faster with some what I would call, "dash & slash" gameplay.

Edited by Inferno

@Spooky Yeah, I was a bit extreme with my use of words, sorry about that.

Still the Poll about favourite stages would have still been there and known about, and people would know about the Stages beforehand.

@Spooky Yeah, I was a bit extreme with my use of words, sorry about that.

Still the Poll about favourite stages would have still been there and known about, and people would know about the Stages beforehand.

Exactly why they should have considered more than just what levels topped the list. Seaside Hill and Green Hill really is pretty ridiculous considering one is a tribute to the other.