Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Generations has like...some of the best water I have ever seen from gaming...holy crap...you can CLEARLY see how amazing it is when your about to enter the cave.

Edited by Scar

Uncharted probably has better water effects. But I will grant you, the water in Green Hill is spectacular.

Edited by Voyant

I like that the Wii U is a gen behind again, so that Sonic can be cutting-edge and be far ahead to Mario in terms of Graphics. That's how it was in the MD/DC days, it's Sonic in it's truest form...

Edited by ChikaBoing
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 3

I like that the Wii U is a gen behind again, so that Sonic can be cutting-edge and be far ahead to Mario in terms of Graphics. That's how it was in the MD/DC days, it's Sonic in it's truest form...

Its not...it's more already much more powerful than the Playstation 3 and XBOX360 and you don't even know what the PS4/XBOX720 will be like. And you do realize that Sonic will almost certainly have games on the Wii U, don't you?

A Gen behind PS4/720. And yes I know that he will have games on the U, most likely graphically inferior to PS4/720.

A Gen behind PS4/720. And yes I know that he will have games on the U, most likely graphically inferior to PS4/720.

How can it be less powerful than non-existant consoles?

Edited by Vec
  • Thumbs Up 2

But you can't say that its a "gen behind" when:

A.You don't know how powerful they are

B. If its a gen behind, that would make it a current gen console, buts clearly significantly more powerful than any current gen console.

Besides the point really though, I don't see the reason why you're hoping that a system is less powerful than another so that it can be like it was in the old days. That just seems like rampant famboyism. This is off topic though.

Back on topic: Do we know if the Wisps are only for Modern or Classic Sonic?

Edited by SpookyMulder

I'm going to take a guess and say that the wisps are for Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic.

I mean aren't the images from a Tv box? Correct me if i am wrong.

But you can't say that its a "gen behind" when:

A.You don't know how powerful they are

B. If its a gen behind, that would make it a current gen console, buts clearly significantly more powerful than any current gen console.

Besides the point really though, I don't see the reason why you're hoping that a system is less powerful than another so that it can be like it was in the old days. That just seems like rampant famboyism.

Basicilly what I'm thinking is that is that the Wii U is gonna be the same situation with the Wii this Gen.

And about Fanboyism, you could call it like that! lol

Edited by ChikaBoing
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Not gonna stop people from buying more Mario than Sonic.

The Point is...?

What's the benefit of Sonic being graphically superior to Mario?

What's the benefit of Sonic being graphically superior to Mario?

Because that's how he was on Sega consoles.

Anyway, enough of this.

Because that's how he was on Sega consoles.

Anyway, enough of this.

Yeah. On SEGA consoles, he was also Mario's rival, there was a new main recurring character in each game, and the number of crappy games was bigger than now (Sonic Spinball sucks. Sonic Labyrinth sucks. Sonic R controls like shit. Sonic Drift 2 is Sonic in a freakin' car (people would boycott SEGA for that, nowadays). etc.), and there were weird Sonic cartoons on TV.

These times are over. Welcome to the new generation. You were late.

I heard there were more assets (like Badniks models) that weren't shown yet. Is that true ?

Are you serious, are you gonna tell me that the Genesis was more powerful than the SNES?

Was the Saturn more powerful than the N64?

Was the DreamCast more powerful than the GameCube?!

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sonic Drift 2 is Sonic in a freakin' car (people would boycott SEGA for that, nowadays)

The Sonic Drift games didn't suck because Sonic is in a car. It sucked cause the games is horrible. People say that Sonic All Stars Racing sucks because Sonic is in a car but atleast that game is actually good.

Are you serious, are you gonna tell me that the Genesis was more powerful than the SNES?

Was the Saturn more powerful than the N64?

Was the DreamCast more powerful than the GameCube?!

Sonics on the Genesis had better graohics than Mario World.

There was no Sonic on Saturn

The Adventure games looked better than Mario 64 (Sunshide didn't came till 2002), and alot of other plattformers at the time.

Sonics on the Genesis had better graohics than Mario World.

There was no Sonic on Saturn

The Adventure games looked better than Mario 64 (Sunshide didn't came till 2002), and alot of other plattformers at the time.

No Sonic on Saturn?

PFF. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sonic Jam, Sonic R and Sonic 3D would liek to talk with you.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

No Sonic on Saturn?

PFF. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Those special stages o_o

No Sonic on Saturn?

PFF. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Irrelevant for the comparision jeez.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

No Sonic on Saturn?

PFF. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

No worthwhile Sonic on Saturn.

Sonic R was released on PC almost the same time as it was on Saturn.

Sonic Jam is just the 4 classic titles with a hub world in it.

Sonic 3D was on Genesis first, and the version with the different soundtrack was released on PC as well.

There were nothing but spinoffs and a compilation. That's really nothing to brag about.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even though they were minors game, there WERE Sonic games on the Saturn. Like it or not.

That's not the point he was trying to make. There were no original main-series Sonic games released for the SEGA Saturn, and that's a fact. You can cite those as Sonic games, but that does not change the fact that they're merely spin-offs.

Tecnically, main series or not you can actually compare them. Expecially Sonic R, which was released exclusively for Sega Saturn, PC version got released one year later.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1