Awoo.

UK retail stores planning something tomorrow?

Badnik Mechanic

Alrighty then, yesterday I recieved a funny photo of a friend of mine in a Sonic hat, you know, these hats.

hahahahaha.jpg

That is not my friend by the way, thats just some random guy wearing one of the hats.

Well anyway...

Yesterday she said that her store (Gamestation) recieved a box full of them, so they all put them on and starting acting silly.

Today... I went into GAME to pick up my free poster as per their promotion that they're doing and I was treated to the following conversation.

Paul: Oi Mark! Did we get any of those Sonic Gererations posters in?

Mark: Yeah they came in that box with those stupid hats.

Cool goth guy: Those Sonic hats are awesome!

Paul: Yeah they're great!

Mark: Just wait here I'll go get one of the posters.

Cool goth guy: I can't wait to wear mine tomorrow.

Paul: Same, gonna be a fun day.

The two staff start to do a mini dance behind the counter, the manager returns with a poster and asks me if I want to pre-order Generations

So thats two different stores, in two different towns, both of which have recieved a batch of those Sonic hats, and from the sounds of it have been told to wear them on Friday.

We know from the facebook pages that the Game Store in Oxford Street is doing a special event over the next few days, but does this not indicate that there might be some other festivities going on around the country?

Edited by Hogfather

Alrighty then, yesterday I recieved a funny photo of a friend of mine in a Sonic hat, you know, these hats.

hahahahaha.jpg

That is not my friend by the way, thats just some random guy wearing one of the hats.

Well anyway...

Yesterday she said that her store (Gamestation) recieved a box full of them, so they all put them on and starting acting silly.

Today... I went into GAME to pick up my free poster as per their promotion that they're doing and I was treated to the following conversation.

Paul: Oi Mark! Did we get any of those Sonic Gererations posters in?

Mark: Yeah they came in that box with those stupid hats.

Cool goth guy: Those Sonic hats are awesome!

Paul: Yeah they're great!

Mark: Just wait here I'll go get one of the posters.

Cool goth guy: I can't wait to wear mine tomorrow.

Paul: Same, gonna be a fun day.

The two staff start to do a mini dance behind the counter, the manager returns with a poster and asks me if I want to pre-order Generations

So thats two different stores, in two different towns, both of which have recieved a batch of those Sonic hats, and from the sounds of it have been told to wear them on Friday.

We know from the facebook pages that the Game Store in Oxford Street is doing a special event over the next few days, but does this not indicate that there might be some other festivities going on around the country?

Funny enough I was in the hamleys store in the St Enouch shopping center in Glasgow yesterday and at the GAME shop they have inside it they had a display for sonic's 20th anniversary with some placeholder boxes for generations and london olympic games and behind the counter there was a few of those sonic hats. Since the 24th has past now did you ever find out what was going on?

If it's an early release, which I doubt but is still within the realms of possibility, I'll cry.

If it's an early release, which I doubt but is still within the realms of possibility, I'll cry.

Early release as in the next few days/weeks? Yeah, no. Maybe a few days to a week earlier, but not this early.

If it helps stir things up. I went to buy Shadows of the Damned today, and GAME gave me a free Sonic Generations poster as a promo thing. Imagine my face. Has this happened to anyone else?

Funny enough I was in the hamleys store in the St Enouch shopping center in Glasgow yesterday and at the GAME shop they have inside it they had a display for sonic's 20th anniversary with some placeholder boxes for generations and london olympic games and behind the counter there was a few of those sonic hats. Since the 24th has past now did you ever find out what was going on?

I was in the Hamleys store at St Enochs yesterday and managed to snag one of the hats. The guy in that particular store told me they were freebies, but later on I got talking to the manager in the Parkhead store who told me they were just sent out for the staff to wear... although none of the staff in the local branches seemed to actually WEAR them on any of the days I'd been in recently, and I'd imagine it'd be a bit random for them to do so now.

Nice! I was actually going to ask about the hats but typical no-one was around to check with. ALthough I got a nice enough suprise discovering that 20th nniversary display. I was tempted to grab one of those boxes with all the promo art on it :lol:

Nice! I was actually going to ask about the hats but typical no-one was around to check with. ALthough I got a nice enough suprise discovering that 20th nniversary display. I was tempted to grab one of those boxes with all the promo art on it :lol:

There never is... I had to wander back and forth for a while before someone remembered they were supposed to be working and eventually turned up. :lol: That display is awesome! Didn't have any luck talking the guys in Hamleys into parting with any of it, but they've got the cubes in the Sauchiehaull Steet store too, and the dude who was serving was kind enough to go through the back and get a spare one for me. Apparently they still have quite a few of them that they aren't using, so if you're after one it'd probably be worth checking in there.

And if anyone's wondering what the hell we're talking about:

Display.png

(Excuse the rubbish phone pic)

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally got around to uploading the pics I took of the Sonic 20th Anniversary POS displays last week. They're still on display in my local GAME, Gamestation and Best Buy stores. These were taken in one of my local GAME's.

v33x37.jpg

4rw3n4.jpg

11lj05g.jpg

Sorry for the crappy mobile phone quality.

• Thumbs Up 1

There never is... I had to wander back and forth for a while before someone remembered they were supposed to be working and eventually turned up. :lol: That display is awesome! Didn't have any luck talking the guys in Hamleys into parting with any of it, but they've got the cubes in the Sauchiehaull Steet store too, and the dude who was serving was kind enough to go through the back and get a spare one for me. Apparently they still have quite a few of them that they aren't using, so if you're after one it'd probably be worth checking in there.

And if anyone's wondering what the hell we're talking about:

Display.png

(Excuse the rubbish phone pic)

Its actually a pretty good phone pic. I'll need to head in to Sauchiehaull Street soon and see what they say. The guys probably gonna be amazed that 2 different people have asked for one of those cubes :lol: . Out of curiosity to anyone who got the free poster from game, is it the same as the one in lucky's picture of the display?

I've also requested one of those 20th anniversary cubes. They were quite suprised that someone wanted one.

I've also requested one of those 20th anniversary cubes. They were quite suprised that someone wanted one.

Anyone who wants one of these cubes and can find one should be able to get it no problem. Lets face it these things are going to get tossed in the bin once the stores are finished with them so the staff are probably more than happy that we're taking them off their hands. If anyone happens to be going to the Glasgow fort shopping center oould you look in the GAME store and see if they have these cubes on display there please? Its much closer than the shop that lucky used. Btw did you end up getting the cube you asked for?

Edited by liamc5232

Oh why are none of my local GAME stores doing any of this Sonic Generations stuff? Does anyone know of any GAME stores in the midlands area that have these cubes on display?

• 3 weeks later...

Did you eventually manage to get one of the cubes?

No, because they're still using them.

I have 4 of the posters though.

Oh why are none of my local GAME stores doing any of this Sonic Generations stuff? Does anyone know of any GAME stores in the midlands area that have these cubes on display?

Have you managed to get hold of any yet?

The pics I took were from one of the 2 GAME stores in the Merry Hill Shopping Centre in Dudley in the West Midlands. The Gamestation store also had them. I haven't been in those stores for about a week, so I don't know if they're still there or if they're still using them. You'd be best getting their phone numbers from their websites and giving them a ring.

All what I did was go into a Game store and ask them, they said 'can you donate to our charity' but it was only £1 so even if I don't end up getting anything it's not exactly what I would call a loss.