Awoo.

First Gameplay hack(s) of the demo.

Treacher

Aaron said it wasn't much of an alternate route, per se; it was a section to help players get to the goal faster. You know, for speedruns. XP

Yeah, that's true, ditto for the wall jumping part.

@Cero: In terms of gameplay engines, they've been using "Havok" from 06 to this game.

Sega forums reallly really need to get back online....

YES!!!!!

You hear that, SEGAForums?! We miss you!!!!!!

Oh and on topic, um. Does anybody else think that Classic Sonics character model from the back looks like the Brawl model?

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought it was a physics engine in general, but was heavily modified by Valve as it's technically theirs?

Does anybody else think that Classic Sonics character model from the back looks like the Brawl model?

Dunno. I sold my copy of Brawl, so I haven't played it for a looooooooooong time ago. :lol:

And I thought that model was based on Unleashed or something? xD

Edited by Tatsumaki

I thought Heroes and Shadow used that horrendous Renderware?

Yes, and the magical crates from G.U.N's secret base, Bubblegum Island (which tends to appear pretty much everywhere, even though the plot with G.U.N. died since ShtH) in 06 as well.

EDIT:

Oh wait. You guys be talkin' 'bout that. Never mind.

Edited by Tatsumaki

This thread is just FULL of laughs. It's a happy life for a Misfit. :lol:

I'm just glad Sega didn't go the cheap route and use Unreal 3 like everyone else.

SO DARK AND GRITTY!

Did you know that Sonic Unleashed uses the same physics engine that many of the Halo and Killzone games do?

Did you know that Sonic Unleashed uses the same physics engine that many of the Halo and Killzone games do?

I think he means the Unreal 3 Graphics engine, which is basically brown.

I think he means the Unreal 3 Graphics engine, which is basically brown.

I don't think there's actually a separate graphics engine that is only capable of one art style or range of colors, not when UE3's powering Kinect Adventures. As far as I understand, Unreal Engine 3 is a multipurpose engine, and its artstyle-rendering abilities aren't nearly as limited as what high-profile titles would have you think. Most games, regardless of their engine, are styled as such because that's the in-thing to do right now, not because the graphics engine they're using is somehow incapable of rendering primary colors or something. xP

• Thumbs Up 1

Its finally that you Get what i mean.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 6

Well umm... Yeah.

I just thought about something--- what if Classic is designed to be in a 3D version as an extra??

How will his trick in the air operation thingy go?

I feel i agree with gallantventurer. Now you guys can call me a troll too (haha jks)

I get what he's saying. The unleashed gameplay has minimal platforming elements, and while you can go as fast as a motherf*cker in it, it has no real sense of actually playing the game. Everything is done for you with the exception of jumping, wall jumping and homing attack. You cant make corners unless you use the sh*tty drifting system (hopefully improved this time around). It plays too much like a racing game.

what i'm trying to get at is; play sonic adventure 1 or 2. The platforming sections are very easily executed. Watching sonic bop up and down as he runs and hvaing full control of him at any speed. It gives you that sense 'wow, i'm really running with sonic right now' (you cant count heroes, shadow and 06 as it's obvious these games were on crack, and not even we want a game that runs like them).

Not trying to piss anyone off here. I just feel i share the same opinion as him. (and yes i have completely finished unleashed as well as every other sonic game since 1991.

I dont mind the unleashed engine and it looks bloody awesome when you're showing sonic off to people, but there's only so much variety you can have when you go this fast, and its really quite thin.

My opinion, and i feel gallantventurer has been treated too harsh.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

And here we go again... Okay, if anybody else agrees with Galadventure guy, neato.

If you disagree with him, neato.

But for the sake of this thread, let's just act like that flamewar didn't happen? I got enough dead users I don't want no more.

Plus, we don't want to have a Web-War II in the same thread about the same thing twice!

We've gone through time and again through plenty of topics about why the notion that the newer interpretation of 3D Sonic has less platforming elements is false. I don't want to do it again. My brain can't take repeating myself over and over again for much longer.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I feel i agree with gallantventurer. Now you guys can call me a troll too (haha jks)

I get what he's saying. The unleashed gameplay has minimal platforming elements, and while you can go as fast as a motherf*cker in it, it has no real sense of actually playing the game. Everything is done for you with the exception of jumping, wall jumping and homing attack. You cant make corners unless you use the sh*tty drifting system (hopefully improved this time around). It plays too much like a racing game.

what i'm trying to get at is; play sonic adventure 1 or 2. The platforming sections are very easily executed. Watching sonic bop up and down as he runs and hvaing full control of him at any speed. It gives you that sense 'wow, i'm really running with sonic right now' (you cant count heroes, shadow and 06 as it's obvious these games were on crack, and not even we want a game that runs like them).

Not trying to piss anyone off here. I just feel i share the same opinion as him. (and yes i have completely finished unleashed as well as every other sonic game since 1991.

I dont mind the unleashed engine and it looks bloody awesome when you're showing sonic off to people, but there's only so much variety you can have when you go this fast, and its really quite thin.

My opinion, and i feel gallantventurer has been treated too harsh.

Edited by MobileChikane

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 5

Wow, good points Voyant. To be honest i havnt played any of the DLC for unleashed. But i see what you're talking about and I'm happy to share that opinion.

Dont get me wrong, i love sonic team. I dont get time to play games much anymore, but i always make time for sonic games.

as for MobileChikane; What's with the swearing? Get a gf, have an orgasm and come back afterwards. And why dont you believe i've played those games? Ive played every sonic game since i was 8 and i'm now 23. It's obvious there was something lacking from unleashed style. Too many people have come to the same conclusion for it to just be a coinsidence.

Wow, good points Voyant. To be honest i havnt played any of the DLC for unleashed. But i see what you're talking about and I'm happy to share that opinion.

Dont get me wrong, i love sonic team. I dont get time to play games much anymore, but i always make time for sonic games.

as for MobileChikane; What's with the swearing? Get a gf, have an orgasm and come back afterwards. And why dont you believe i've played those games? Ive played every sonic game since i was 8 and i'm now 23. It's obvious there was something lacking from unleashed style. Too many people have come to the same conclusion for it to just be a coinsidence.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

As much as I loved Unleashed, I guess it does need a bit more platforming. And not just regular platforming, it needs the kind where even one flaw can end with death. Such as a robot continuously destroying the entire foreground.