Awoo.

First Gameplay hack(s) of the demo.

Treacher

Well in Eggmanland yeah, sorta, but they should try to make it more frantic, maybe add some new elements in the mix, like "bullet hell". Sonic would be at an ariel view, dodging bullets and lasers going side to side, drifting, and quik step. And

Then boost into the enemy for the kill.

Wow, good points Voyant. To be honest i havnt played any of the DLC for unleashed. But i see what you're talking about and I'm happy to share that opinion.

Dont get me wrong, i love sonic team. I dont get time to play games much anymore, but i always make time for sonic games.

as for MobileChikane; What's with the swearing? Get a gf, have an orgasm and come back afterwards. And why dont you believe i've played those games? Ive played every sonic game since i was 8 and i'm now 23. It's obvious there was something lacking from unleashed style. Too many people have come to the same conclusion for it to just be a coinsidence.

Well in Eggmanland yeah, sorta, but they should try to make it more frantic, maybe add some new elements in the mix, like "bullet hell". Sonic would be at an ariel view, dodging bullets and lasers going side to side, drifting, and quik step. And

Then boost into the enemy for the kill.

Time to get back on topic, the one where you talk about hacking one character into the others' levels. I'm pretty sure this current thread of discussion is better suited elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Looking at how similar the two seem to be, I really wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Team makes the character swapping thing a part of the game. I'd expect them to have swappable skins, at the very least, as it seems their differences in proportion have no effect on the level.

Looking at how similar the two seem to be, I really wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Team makes the character swapping thing a part of the game. I'd expect them to have swappable skins, at the very least, as it seems their differences in proportion have no effect on the level.

Well, now that you put it that way, it WILL be more than likely for the character switch happening thing an actual part of the game. But there WILL be conditions for it to happen:

• You have to have already played the game and finished it ONCE.
  • You must have A-Ranked the final boss, Time Eater (whatever that is).

Okay, peeps, help me with more!

I can't imagine Sega making swapping an option. The whole gimmick relies on a line drawn between Classic and Modern Sonic's gameplay, to showcase what each iteration of the character is about, and the hacking we've done actually undermines that. If there's going to be any switching, it's going to be in neutral instances like potential missions or in a final stage designed specifically for it ala Eggmanland wherein you only switch at specific checkpoints.

If such a thing were to be included in the final product, I'd expect the conditions to swap the Sonics out would be similar to unlocking Green Hill Zone in Sonic Adventure 2. But since emblems are not in the game, it'd be regulated to achieving S-ranks in all of the stages and missions.

Edited by Razor Wind

Sonic generations, now with more rolling... wtf?!?

This guy deserves a cookie!

Edited by strickerx5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Classic Homing attack is nerfed so badly, that its almost unusable.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

One thing that rather erks me about the Jump Dash now is that you cant use it to build up forward momentum. It's a bit like in 06 where it you speed up in the dash and then it fixes you to a set speed. I've always liked how you could gain additional acceleration from doing a Jump Dash in the Adventure games, Advance games and heck even Rush and Colours had it.

One thing that rather erks me about the Jump Dash now is that you cant use it to build up forward momentum. It's a bit like in 06 where it you speed up in the dash and then it fixes you to a set speed. I've always liked how you could gain additional acceleration from doing a Jump Dash in the Adventure games, Advance games and heck even Rush and Colours had it.

The Classics were on a 2D plane. It's very easy to know when you're going to hit something on a 2D plane. If you jump and move over it, you're likely going to fall on it. The homing attack doesn't need to be in a 2D game because jumping on things on a 2D plane is very simple.

On a 3D plane, however, it's a differen't story. Ever tried jumping on enemies in Unleashed or Colours? It's a damn pain in the ass. The homing attack was introduced in Sonic Adventure for the sole purpose of centering yourself and being able to hit things easily. On a 3D plane, it's harder to see where you are in relation to something when you jump. Thus the homing attack was made.

5370208393_e03a175083.jpg

Now you may say "Mario does it well". Well Mario is a slower, more percision based platformer in comparison to Sonic's momentum physics based platforming. Since Sonic has to move fast, it makes it even harder for the Blue blur to jump on things. Once again, this is where the homing attack comes in.

Also, I would like to point out that in both Mario Galazy games, you can perform a homing stomp by jumping, shaking the wiimote and pressing the B button. So even our dear plumber has added a homing attack to help with the 3D plane.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Ugh, I hate Arid Sands. If you wanted to use an example choose Eggmanland, which actually has really quite good platforming. In fact, I'd say it has the best 3D platforming segments by a long shot.

Also, the homing attack shouldn't be completely removed. It makes little sense to do that, because aligning yourselves in 3 Dimensions is very difficult, regardless of the incline of the camera. My suggestion is to have the homing attack just be a guide, that forces you towards the nearest enemy. When you hit and destroy the badnik, instead of behind pushed vertically upwards, you are bounced forward in the direction you went in (if you can understand that). It would function like the badnik bounce, but mapped to a button.

I think that Zelda Style Z-targeting would get a little to frisky and annoying when doing platforming near badniks. So it would be better if you activated thez-targeting with a second tap of the jump button, while in the air.

..............am I the only one who would like classic Sonic to have the Homing Attack?

I guess I've been playing a lot of Sonic Megamix. I would actually like to have Sonic Team make classic Sonic playable in modern Sonic's stages with the Homing Attack, Stomp, rolling, and Spindash (reg. and hotkey) included.

Edited by Yeow95
  • Thumbs Up 1

First time i'm liking a dash attack because that's exactly what it is, a dash attack. Doesn't look overpowered or spammable at all and probably would function to get an extra boost when platforming or to hit an enemy in front of you instead of just simply pressing button twice. This would give the player an actual choice of decision wether and when to use it or not

Edit: WOw @ the rolling video :)

Sonicteam would have to feel ashamed if the ending product didn't fix it

(ZOMG sonicteam is being attacked I gotta defend them with mai layf)

Edited by Jaouad
  • Thumbs Up 3

First time i'm liking a dash attack because that's exactly what it is, a dash attack. Doesn't look overpowered or spammable at all and probably would function to get an extra boost when platforming or to hit an enemy in front of you instead of just simply pressing button twice. This would give the player an actual choice of decision wether and when to use it or not

Edit: WOw @ the rolling video :)

Sonicteam would have to feel ashamed if the ending product didn't fix it

(ZOMG sonicteam is being attacked I gotta defend them with mai layf)

I can not believe this was possible...but i actually agree with you... :V

We are the same side for once *squints eyes at* this time....+rep

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hey thanks for your rep. I may come off "grumpy" sometimes but all it takes is well thought out design choices implemented in a balanced manner. It's especially anoying when bad decisions are easily adjustable. I am really curious wether they will fix the rolling themselves. + rep back

Edited by Jaouad

A slippery slope argument could be considered a fallacy, if you want to take that approach, Sonic is a video game and serves no practical purpose.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know what? I love the classics as much as everyone else, and I would easily say that Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD are not only my favorite Sonic games, but rank high on my list of favorite video games in general. I love them that much and I'm still starting to get pissed off at the fact that they're being put on some godly pedestal.

Hallelujah, amen.

• Thumbs Up 5

Exactly. What's even more sad is that these enemies are also infamous in the fanbase for being completely cheap.

Damn near made me throw my controller at the TV when I got to the stage my first time. I hated Metropolis zone for that reason alone.

You know what? I love the classics as much as everyone else, and I would easily say that Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD are not only my favorite Sonic games, but rank high on my list of favorite video games in general. I love them that much and I'm still starting to get pissed off at the fact that they're being put on some godly pedestal.

Welcome to the club, dude. :lol:

EDIT: WHO THE FUCK TOOK AWAY THAT REP I GAVE HIM?!!

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2