Awoo.

First Gameplay hack(s) of the demo.

Treacher

Both of these hacks are very cool and I'm really hoping SEGA makes this an unlockable bonus in the game.

Switching Modern and Classic Sonic would be an amazing reward for collecting the Red Rings or completing all of the missions. Obviously there would need to be some modifications to the levels, but levels were modified for Super Sonic in Colors, so I don't think its an unreasonable to expect the same for Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget Sonic Jam! ... If that would count...

Or 3D blast.

Yes, Jam counts, I get it, Sonic has been playable in 3D before. But if they went that route with Generations, it would have been the first time in a full, main series platforming game. Maybe that's what I should have said from the beginning.

And Sonic 3D isn't 3D; it's an isometric 2D title. But hey, just to put another nail in my own coffin, why not bring up the Sonic 2 and 3 special stages, those were in 3D too! Hooray for being wrong about everything!

• Thumbs Up 1

Part Deux of Classic Sonic in Modern GHZ:

He's gotten better; he can jump on enemies with ease, and if the end of the video is anything to go by, the spindash and rainbow pad work now. The result of more tweaking perhaps?

Edited by Treacher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not if they did it right, then again, translating Classic Sonic into 3D is/was never an easy task. (For Sonic Team at least.)

I dont understad what you were trying to say-- the wording of your post kind of confused me.

He's gotten better; he can jump on enemies with ease, and if the end of the video is anything to go by, the spindash and rainbow pad work now. The result of more tweaking perhaps?

Man, thats ALLOT better!

<br />I dont understad what you were trying to say-- the wording of your post kind of confused me.<br />

What I was trying to say, was that if Sonic Team really tries, they can pull of a Genesis-styled Sonic game without having to be a 2D game. Quite a number of retro fans would absolutely love to see this happen, including more crabbier fans like Nicochi. Unfortunately, right now, it's a pipe dream, but the potential is definitely there!

This looks decent man. O3O This is almost similar to what I thought Generations was gonna be. 2D/3D stages, with either a choice of Boost&Thrills Modern or Physics&Rolling Classic, but the same stages with 2 acts, leaving room for more zones, or the both of them together in said stages, (like in Knux-Chaotix, Sonic Advance 3, and Heroes, mostly heroes.)

Edited by Inferno

Okay, now I'm starting to feel like I'm REALLY missing out on something here--- what the heck is O3O

These videos make me wish it were actually possible to do this in the actual game, officially, without hacking. But I highly doubt Sonic Team's going to let people do that, though I could be wrong.

I can't wait to see what other hacks will happen. And if there is a PC version (all signs point to yes), I hope it's a good one, since Sonic Team has a bad track record with PC ports. It'd probably be mod-able more easily, though I might be wrong on that.

You guys realize that your giving ideas to Sonic Team that just gonna probably make them sell more copies . If people don't think we don't have spys from SEga on our and Retro boards they are insane....:P

Edited by Voyant

*Sees Classic Sonic in Modern Green Hill Zone* :blink:

Dear Sonic Team, thank you for giving Sonic the homing attack ability in Sonic Adventure, I really do fear how Sonic games today would play like if it weren't for this wonderful method of attacking badniks.

I'm surprised people are just now realizing how horrible it is to attack enemies with 3D Sonic sans Homing attack. Didn't anyone try playing SA1 without using it in 1999?

• Thumbs Up 3

What if Sonic Team just made it a DLC option to be able to switch Classic and Modern Sonic without hacking. That way Sonic Team won't feel rushed to include this concept later in the game after release this game by the end of Sonic's anniversary year. That way, they won't need to toss this idea out unlike all the extra content that was supposed to be in Sonic 06 but didn't make the "final cut" which could have been DLC.

Edit:

I'm surprised people are just now realizing how horrible it is to attack enemies with 3D Sonic sans Homing attack. Didn't anyone try playing SA1 without using it in 1999?

Hm, I wonder if it's even possible to complete the game without using a homing attack?

Edited by S0NIC Toadstool

Okay, now I'm starting to feel like I'm REALLY missing out on something here--- what the heck is O3O

...It's a face.

A big-eyed face with a puckered mouth that shows crazy interest in something.

16218565.jpg

Come on man. :v

• Thumbs Up 2

This basically:

_475-.png

Not seeing the appeal beyond the nostalgia. There is no objective advantage or improvement in having Classic Sonic over Modern Sonic in 3D. If its the control set-up, then all they need to do is just replace slide with roll. Poof, you're done.

Classic Sonic isn't synonymous with the gameplay. Modern Sonic is perfectly capable of this as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Classic Sonic in 3D looks like it'd control well for a more adventurey 3D platformer like Mario 64.

Classic Sonic in 3D looks like it'd control well for a more adventurey 3D platformer like Mario 64.

Actually, having played Modern Sonic extensively at SOS, I'd say that Modern Sonic handled near-perfectly, both at low and high speeds. The jumping is a billion times smoother than Unleashed (in fact, I'd say that ironically, its better than Classic Sonic jumping in terms of weightiness). The controls are much tighter. The Spin Dash Drift controls perfectly; smooth and tight. It was a joy to play with, a vast improvement over Unleashed in any case. I'll have to wait and see how Sonic will handle in environments like City Escape, but from what I've played, its exceptional.

This ain't Generations. It's obviously the revived and revamped Sonic Xtreme.

What? You never heard of it? BAAAAAWW XP

This is Awesome. it only needs the homing attack to be perfect in terms of physics.

the Level Designs needs platforming and we are set.

I Hope this game comes to PC, Then it will be the BEST SONIC GAME Ever With the hacks ofcourse to play with other characters.

Here is an updated video :

Aaron Webber showed plenty of paths for Modern GHZ, including a section where it's extremely useful for speedrunning.

When you see a dev team being interested into making different ways for a player to get through a stage, it sounds like good level design to me.

Of course, it's nowhere near City Escape, but it's still well designed... FOR A STARTER STAGE. :lol:

EDIT: Sorry about that. On my iPod.

I don't think it matters to me.

what matters to me that Modern Sonic has slippery controls and WILL LIKELY NOT Have platforming level design at least in this game.

So Any platforming level like Green hill zone or any Old School level or SA1/SADX Level will likely be Auto pilot and the boost is more broken as ever.

and also multiple paths sounds nice, but classic sonic has both multiple paths and non automated momentum platforming based game play that most of the old school fan base known and love.

and also the boost is not the Spin dash.

Boost = Very Free Speed Shoes + Invincibility

Spin dash = wait 2 Seconds charge to destroy forward enemies for 4 seconds.

Edited by gallantventurer
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I Hope this game comes to PC, Then it will be the BEST SONIC GAME Ever With the hacks ofcourse to play with other characters.

Exactly what I was thinking

Just imagine Cream in Green Hill, Blaze in Seaside Hill, Amy in Planet Wisp, Vector in Sky Sanctuary, etc, etc.

Also the PC version was somewhat confirmed

And I also wonder what movesets the Chaotix will get, will it be like Heroes except revamped, or will they return to how they were in Knuckles Chaotix

Wow, classic Sonic in the modern stage looks SUPER fun.

I like playing as modern sonic with his high speed movesets and everything, but sometimes it just feels like a stress because of how fast it is.

P.S.

Im not some classic Sonic fanboy, I love modern Sonic also...

classic sonic in the modern stage just looks funner to me though...

Or hack. I'm pretty sure that's how Jim and the others got to it; I just wonder how they did it. 8|a

And 'm assuming that's only for the PS3 demo.

That just showed me why everyone needs to stop bitching about homing attacks...imagine trying to bounce on enemies...it would be the most infuriating thing to do ever. Especially if the enemies are made with the level design.

You never needed to this in the classics, why is this an issue?

• Bad Quality Post 1