Awoo.

First Gameplay hack(s) of the demo.

Treacher

You never needed to this in the classics, why is this an issue?

The Classics were on a 2D plane. It's very easy to know when you're going to hit something on a 2D plane. If you jump and move over it, you're likely going to fall on it. The homing attack doesn't need to be in a 2D game because jumping on things on a 2D plane is very simple.

On a 3D plane, however, it's a differen't story. Ever tried jumping on enemies in Unleashed or Colours? It's a damn pain in the ass. The homing attack was introduced in Sonic Adventure for the sole purpose of centering yourself and being able to hit things easily. On a 3D plane, it's harder to see where you are in relation to something when you jump. Thus the homing attack was made.

5370208393_e03a175083.jpg

Now you may say "Mario does it well". Well Mario is a slower, more percision based platformer in comparison to Sonic's momentum physics based platforming. Since Sonic has to move fast, it makes it even harder for the Blue blur to jump on things. Once again, this is where the homing attack comes in.

Also, I would like to point out that in both Mario Galazy games, you can perform a homing stomp by jumping, shaking the wiimote and pressing the B button. So even our dear plumber has added a homing attack to help with the 3D plane.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 2

To add to that, you never needed to bother with the enemies in the first place.

However, if we're going to make an argument about necessity then there were a few other things we never needed to do such as the spin-dash, the Super Peelout, or the Elemental Shields. Those just happen to make reaching certain places, items, or attacks easier.

We could've just kept to the way Sonic 1 did things and left it there...if we wanted stagnation.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

No. There's no way to unlock him in the demo. Either SEGA release an update to the demo (doubt this is likely, since it's a demo) or you wait.

I heard from some one on game faqs that he is unlockable if you finish green hill zone under 50 seconds. i am still unsure,

and the guy playing in the video is playing the Demo.

Thought i could be mistaken. I don't have the Demo.

To add to that, you never needed to bother with the enemies in the first place.

Badniks were very big part of the classics and required a bit caution to defeat unlike Modern Enemies of today.

However, if we're going to make an argument about necessity then there were a few other things we never needed to do such as the spin-dash, the Super Peelout, or the Elemental Shields. Those just happen to make reaching certain places, items, or attacks easier.

We could've just kept to the way Sonic 1 did things and left it there...if we wanted stagnation.

I Think I want sonic to play like the video in terms of 3D Physics.

but add the homing attack = SA1 Game play.

I don't see why sonic team can't do that. hopefully next game for the WiiU fixes this and permanently get red of the Boost spamming engine which was Just Over powered.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

Badniks were very big part of the classics and required a bit caution to defeat unlike Modern Enemies of today.

That's quite an exaggeration. Let me rephrase: You didn't have to bother killing any of the badniks in the first place if you wanted to beat the game.

The only thing the served as were obstacles, nothing more. VERY few of them were such a bother for you to require caution around them compared to all the badniks combined, and I can name some of them off the top of my head: Orbinaut, Slicer, Shellcracker, and Asteron. These were the ones that cause enough problems that killing them would be a relief, but other than that you could jump straight over the badniks and speed away without worrying about them.

The only way this game can be better is if they put Bubbles everywhere. [/sarcasm]

That wasn't on my sonic 3&k experience. every badnik had a Weapon and Special ability or spikes on them, so they were harder to defeat.

This is what i hope sonic would control :

Second, Marble Zone insects (I believe you're referring to the Caterkiller?) are not a problem if you hit them on the head and not their body.

Edited by gallantventurer

Exactly. Modern day enemies, you can press the boost and the problem is done :)

Classic enemies, jump on top of them or roll into them and the problem is done. How in the hell is that hard to do?

• Bad Quality Post 1

Classic enemies, jump on top of them or roll into them and the problem is done. How in the hell is that hard to do?

I don't think it matters to me.

what matters to me that Modern Sonic has slippery controls and WILL LIKELY NOT Have platforming level design at least in this game.

So Any platforming level like Green hill zone or any Old School level or SA1/SADX Level will likely be Auto pilot and the boost is more broken as ever.

• Thumbs Up 2

The difference is that the spin dash actually stops, so at one time you will have to Jump on them Quickly before they attack you including flying enemies.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Rolling requires you to be running THEN you have to press down on the d-pad.

Jumping requires you to press a button THEN you have to center yourself on top of the enemy.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 5

Uh, no. Don't even give me that bullshit to justify that.

When you use the spindash, you're either using it to pick up speed, as an attack, or get inside a tunnel that requires you to be in ball form (although I'm pretty sure walking into it does the same). When an enemy is in front of you, unless they have a shield or they had a weapon that was going to stop you in your tracks, they were dead.

And even if your spin-dash stopped, enemies were still piss easy. A number of them paused in their place and either charged at you after a few seconds, which is plenty of time to avoid them or kill them instead. If they were flying, they had poor aim if they had a weapon, and if they didn't they were a flying target who's only means of attacking you was to touch you.

I'm not the only one here who knows how easy these badniks are, dude. You can keep talking how hard they are, but you're only exaggerating the difficulty or (I really hate to say this) your skills are far behind someone who was capable of killing them with no problem at the age of 3.

Okay, now how about the ones that flew ahead of you and you couldn't so much as touch them as they shot lasers or bombed you since you want to go on this route of how hard the old badniks were?

No, you needed skills to get through the level, not the badniks. They required no skill at all.

Boosting requires you to be running THEN you have to press 'B' on the controller

• Thumbs Up 2

Not fond of Automated game play.

a bit of a challenge is better than a 1 button win.

Edited by Scar

At least they did required you to Jump at the most part before they attack you.

In Modern sonic you don't go left and right. you press boost and they are dead. you aren't even required to stop.

Not fond of Automated game play.

a bit of a challenge is better than a 1 button win.

Among that you have to press down and X to Spin dash , you have to wait and While that The Enemies could attack you.

• Thumbs Up 4

Please, for the love of god, don't say Modern Sonic is automated. Like I said on the previous page, Classic Sonic actually has MORE automated segments than Modern Sonic. Automation means the game controlling the character for you. The Springs, Ramps, S-tubes, and Sorkscrew are all automated in Classic Green Hill Zone. Modern Sonic may have a boost button, but at least its mapped to a button and isn't done automatically for you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 4

so what you tap it and press a couple of Jumps.

Then you win.

• Thumbs Up 1