Awoo.

First Gameplay hack(s) of the demo.

Treacher

Weren't you listening to him?!

Serious

Skills

Are

Required

so what you tap it and press a couple of Jumps.

Then you win.

We will see.

The spin dash stays at a limited times. a 4 seconds.

The Boost stays always. Flying Enemies are every where In the classics.

The point is, you most of the times need to bounce enemies in the classic games.

in Modern, you only need the boost in a STRAIGHT Line.

the Different between classic and modern Speed game play that in order for you to be fast in modern, you only need the boost.

in the classic, Serious Skills are Required.

How is this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL8CT61xi5g

than this :

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 1

We will see.

Just press X right?

in the classic, Serious Skills are Required.

Way to shoot yourself in the foot, all the player does in that video is *GASP* PRESS X

I'm pretty sure pressing X requires SRS SKILLZ.

And if you wanna throw speedruns as "evidence" of srs skillz.

I dare you to recreate this with ease.

If they are going to continue with Unleashed Style of game play, they need to take advantage of the quick step and drift and stomp,

instead of letting sonic Boost through a whole level.

Wow, you've honestly NEVER even SEEN gameplay of Unleashed have you?

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

At least you need to jump some times and spin dash some times. between that you Could get hurt, if you don't Jump Quickly the enemies would attack you.

in Modern Games, or at least from what i saw from sonic generations Green hill zone, I saw 5 Flying Enemies (2 in Bottom path and 3 on the first).

If they are going to continue with Unleashed Style of game play, they need to take advantage of the quick step and drift and stomp,

No, you needed skills to get through the level, not the badniks. They required no skill at all.

THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS, AND THIS. I am INCREDIBLY tired of these boost2win arguments considering the fact that Sonic games have ALWAYS been about the stage layout, not the number or strength of badniks. This was true in 1991, and this is still true in 2011.

I see no difference between

and

In which how you're #1 priority is traversing the environment in a safe and timely manner, NOT trouncing badniks.

Edited by Onyx Leo
  • Thumbs Up 2

At least you need to jump some times and spin dash some times.

That isn't hard to do, dude. I'm surprised you find it difficult enough to actually require skills.

in Modern Games, or at least from what i saw from sonic generations Green hill zone, I saw 5 Flying Enemies, 2 in Bottom path and 3 on the first.

And you didn't use the boost to kill them. The player also used the homing attack on a number of ground enemies near the beginning, so what does that say to you.

They HAVE been.

Did you also pay attention to where we said Sonic boosting through the whole level can also kill you if you use it at the wrong moments? Plenty of people can attest to that, and if anything Eggmanland of all places is one of the hardest (if not THE hardest) level in Unleashed. And that's a good place where using the boost can kill you. Other places are Adabat, Empire City, Chun-nan, and Shamar. And I'm sure there are others as well.

At least they did required you to Jump at the most part before they attack you.

In Modern sonic you don't go left and right. you press boost and they are dead. you aren't even required to stop.

Not fond of Automated game play.

a bit of a challenge is better than a 1 button win.

Among that you have to press down and X to Spin dash , you have to wait and While that The Enemies could attack you.

Speedduelist? Is that you?

• Thumbs Up 7

Just press X right?

Way to shoot yourself in the foot, all the player does in that video is *GASP* PRESS X

I'm pretty sure pressing X requires SRS SKILLZ.

And if you wanna throw speedruns as "evidence" of srs skillz.

I dare you to recreate this with ease.

Yeah because glitching the game is real skills.

I wasn't speaking of speed running btw, i was speaking of beating the levels using more than 1 button.

By far, Adabat and Eggman land are the only levels that required jumping.

• Bad Quality Post 3

I wasn't speaking of speed running btw, i was speaking of beating the levels using more than 1 button.

Go and look at videos of Skysraper Scamper (Empire City), Arid Sands (Shamar), and Dragon Road (Chun-nan)

You're talking out of your ass right now. The first few stages were "boost to win" (arguably), but most of the later stages most certainly were not.

So you didn't play the first level? XDDDDDDDDD

I'll post something that's worth arguing about later, but you obviously don't remember ANYTHING about Sonic Unleashed.

14ag18x.png

Way to pick one of the weakest badniks in the series, dude. That definitely shot your argument for you. :lol:

Speedduelist? Is that you?

Attitude Adjustment had PM'd me asking the same thing 30 mins ago...and you're picking up on this too?

Okay everyone, let's stop arguing with these guys because I think they're either hear to troll us or they're really just bullshitting to help their argument. I'm not sure if this deserves a report, but I'll do it just to be safe.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Way to pick one of the weakest badniks in the series, dude.

Attitude Adjustment had PM'd asking the same thing 30 mins ago...and you're picking up on this too?

Well, this new guy certainly delivers the same "fun" that Speedduelist delivered. I still remember his complaints about Sonic Colors being colorless, it was all too funny.

Wow....

WOW.

You got us there. I mean, when you're instructed in Windmill Isle act 1 to do a Homing Attack, after you get up the four-foot high steps by using your boost, because you know, it confirms to the direction of any plane now, you're not jumping at all when you homing attack, you're just... air... boosting.

I'm so flabbergasted I can't think of a half-witty joke.

Also, who's speedduelist?

Wow....

WOW.

You got us there. I mean, when you're instructed in Windmill Isle act 1 to do a Homing Attack, after you get up the four-foot high steps by using your boost, because you know, it confirms to the direction of any plane now, you're not jumping at all when you homing attack, you're just... air... boosting.

I'm so flabbergasted I can't think of a half-witty joke.

Also, who's speedduelist?

Some guy that I used to argue with on the Sega forums, and he argued with pretty much everyone here. He claimed that Sonic Colors was pale or something like that, his points were so ridiculous that they were funny.

You don't want to know....

I wanna know... :U I've been lurking here for a few months now and I keep seeing his name pop up... I must know the story. @_@

EDIT: Slow posting is slow...

Edited by Onyx Leo

Way to COMPLETELY miss (or avoid as it sounds more like) the point entirely.

1) Then don't use speedruns as "evidence" to YOUR argument.

2) Actually WATCH the video.

In Unleashed you need

A: to jump

B: to drift

X: to boost

Y: to ring dash

LT: to side step left

RT: to side step left

In Classic games you need:

A: to jump and spindash

and even then you didn't NEED to spindash

So look who only needs 1 button to win now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eba4C7YJV9shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpweEAXqDDE
Edited by Black Spy

I wanna know... :U I've been lurking here for a few months now and I keep seeing his name pop up... I must know the story. @_@

I'm not really sure myself, but I'll try to clarify. From what I've seen of his posts around the time Colors was coming out, he kept making pointless arguements by spamming Unleashed playthrough videos saying the same stuff gallantventurer is saying.

EDIT: I probably shouldn't be talking about this, so my apologies to the mods if I broke any rules about talking about banned users behind their backs.

Edited by DragonSoul

Aaron Webber had to seal him back in his lamp for all eternity. Then suddenly, a mountain of handkerchiefs.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well this topic got pretty wonderful, now didn't it?

I'd just ignore gallantventurer. It's pretty obvious that he doesn't know what he's talking about; no jumping? C'mon dawg.

Anyway... yeah... Sonic's always needed skill to complete a level fabulously, but the newer mechanics with quickstepping, drifting and the like are used plenty. You don't just boost to win.

Why would you even come to that conclusion?

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well this topic got pretty wonderful, now didn't it?

I'd just ignore gallantventurer. It's pretty obvious that he doesn't know what he's talking about; no jumping? C'mon dawg.

I've already sent out a report just to be safe. This guy seems to be getting really familiar with the way he's arguing his points and glossing off other details against him.

But yes, everyone ignore him. He may be trying to pull our legs here, so let's not feed the trolls.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

They should hack the demo so every square inch of the level is covered in speed pads.

Mike...

Quit being so awesome and just buy Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic R with me right now. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2