Awoo.

First Gameplay hack(s) of the demo.

Treacher

Mike...

Quit being so awesome and just buy Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic R with me right now. :lol:

Well I already have 3D Blast so we're halfway there.

• Thumbs Up 1

In Unleashed you need

A: to jump

B: to drift

X: to boost

Y: to ring dash

LT: to side step left

RT: to side step left

You still had those large parts where you weren't doing any thing.

in the classic you always had to interact with the c ontroller.

In Classic games you need:

A: to jump and spindash

and even then you didn't NEED to spindash

That is right you needed to bounce.

So look who only needs 1 button to win now?

Exclude the DLC and optional Levels in general.

Edited by gallantventurer
  • Bad Quality Post 4

Ah the memories of so much time required to complete arid sands with and S(and to this day I only passed eggmanland once).It was difficult as hell, for me at least. And certainly not just boosting.

Ah the memories of so much time required to complete arid sands with and S(and to this day I only passed eggmanland once).It was difficult as hell, for me at least. And certainly not just boosting.

The last hotdog mission in Eggmanland is the only thing stopping me from getting the Platinum trophy. Shit's been at 95% for 2 years now.

The last hotdog mission in Eggmanland is the only thing stopping me from getting the Platinum trophy. Shit's been at 95% for 2 years now.

I tried once passing the hot-dog mission for eggmanland but after a couple of tries I give up.

This proves you have no argument. Your really grasping for straws here. Levels are levels. It doesn't matter whether they're DLC or not. The point is that it's more than possible for there to be plenty of involvement in modern Sonic games.

Even if DLC levels were excluded, your argument is still invalid:

like i said. only apotos and eggman land are interactive.

and even then, their is still those long parts where you keep tapping the boost button waiting for some thing to happen.

Edited by Scar

Hey Gallant. Remember Greenhill and it's S curves? Remember Chemical Plant and its wavy roads?

Shut up.

Hey Gallant. Remember Greenhill and it's S curves? Remember Chemical Plant and its wavy roads?

Sonic 3&k and sonic 1 were focused on platforming.

Sonic 2 was more focused on speed.

Greenhill was FROM Sonic 1. Or did you forget that too?

Nah. but was it automation? No it wasn't.

it was speed gained by serious skills.

I like the games where it forces you to interact with the controller more and not surprise you with Pitfalls and quick time events, my opinion :)

Edited by Schismatist

Your opinion is built around "facts" that don't exist. When you say "serious skills" you mean momentum, as far as I'm concerned, every recent Sonic game has momentum, with the exception of Sonic Colors DS and Sonic 4. It doesn't surprise you, infact, it warns you, there are many times in the classics where there is randomly a bottomless pit, every Sonic game, actually, every platformer, is trial and error.

Nah. but was it automation? No it wasn't.

it was speed gained by serious skills.

I like the games where it forces you to interact with the controller more and not surprise you with Pitfalls and quick time events, my opinion :)

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic Uleashed is harder than Sonic 1. Serious skills my ass.

• Thumbs Up 1

Saying the Classics needed "serious skills" is like saying Pong needed "serious skills".

Now I wonder who's going to take this piece of trollbait.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

by platformer. you mean platforming segments where you are aware before they happen.

Sonic or at least classic sonic barley had bottomless pits, their were just spikes, and in both cases, its not a surprise event, you see it coming while standing on a platform to platform

Momentum is what makes the game balanced and not autopilot for sonic :)

Here is a green hill speed run, as you can see, he wasn't forced to go forward and he could backtrack, their was some serious platforming, the enemies needed your caution to decide when to Jump :

You need 'serious skills' to roll down a ramp? Riiiiiiight.

I can't comment on Sonic 3 as I never played that (I'm more of a modern fan myself), but I think you'll find it takes just as much skill to play Unleashed as it did for your precious 'classics' all those years ago.

...It's just a different TYPE of skill. One that I'm guessing you don't have.

Saying the Classics needed serious skills is like saying Pong needed serious skills. =P

Now I wonder who's going to take this piece of trollbait.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think the proper reason is that as Sonic grew older, he no longer needed ramps and hills to bring him to top speed. He can now do it on his own.

I do not consider quick time events and boost button as skills.

I think Momentum is a better word for archiving speed instead of very long scenery :)

Okay, I know I said to ignore you, but now I know you're Speedduelist somehow. He had that style of putting emoticons in his posts while being somewhat irritating and irrational with his wording to some members, and the fact that you've managed to continue this for over 4 pages only convinces me further.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I do not consider quick time events and boost button as skills.

I think Momentum is a better word for archiving speed :)

A couple of points- I agree with you on the whole QTE thing- that can go die in a fire. But you know what? It has. Generations doesn't have QTEs anymore- it has trick ramps which are entirely optional.

And the boost? Well, I suppose you can say that boosting isn't a skill- but being able to clear the level without taking damage WHILE boosting? Now THAT takes skill. Jumping, homing attacking, ring dashing, side stepping, sliding, POWER sliding... Am I missing anything? All of those are NOT things that classic Sonic can do, and all of those have to be dealt with in not 2, but 3 dimensions. And hey, because of the boost, you're doing all of that, but FASTER.

Are you seriously telling me that the old games have more to think about than the modern ones?

Also, you're a little off with the 'momentum/ speed' thing. Momentum is not a word for achieving speed, it's a method. Just sayin'.

I want more cinematics.

Now, now, be careful with wishes like that.

Having linear gameplay with cutscenes sprinkled in is exactly how Square ruined FFXIII.