Awoo.

First Gameplay hack(s) of the demo.

Treacher

A couple of points- I agree with you on the whole QTE thing- that can go die in a fire. But you know what? It has. Generations doesn't have QTEs anymore- it has trick ramps which are entirely optional.

And the boost? Well, I suppose you can say that boosting isn't a skill- but being able to clear the level without taking damage WHILE boosting? Now THAT takes skill. Jumping, homing attacking, ring dashing, side stepping, sliding, POWER sliding... Am I missing anything? All of those are NOT things that classic Sonic can do, and all of those have to be dealt with in not 2, but 3 dimensions. And hey, because of the boost, you're doing all of that, but FASTER.

Are you seriously telling me that the old games have more to think about than the modern ones?

Also, you're a little off with the 'momentum/ speed' thing. Momentum is not a word for achieving speed, it's a method. Just sayin'.

Well I hope sonic generations has that Kind of things. I do not want any more Required Quick Time events.

I Actually Like City escape it was Epic.

Hopefully more stages are Like City Escape, and that sonic generations takes full advantage of Modern sonic skills.

I can't wait for Sky Sanctuary, it would look really beautiful with the hedgehog engine.

Why do people become so furios if they see a few buttons on the screen to press in a Sonic game, even if it's sparkingly used.

It's good for testing reflexes. Some people here must have bad reflexes.

Honestly, you're all wrong, Advance 2 had the only good playstyle in the games

How could it not when it twice as advanced?

Why do people become so furios if they see a few buttons on the screen to press in a Sonic game, even if it's sparkingly used.

In Unleashed's case, it takes away the feeling of control and breaks the pacing in places where you won't expect them unless you memorized the stage.

When it's a few buttons like 3 buttons, it's not really much of a problem. When you have 7 different buttons to press, or in Eggmanland's case more than that in certain areas, then it becomes a problem, because not only do the above apply, but it could be seen as unfairly increasing the difficulty of the stage when failing sends you to your death.

My main gripe is just how QTEs take away the control for me, but if I'm having fun overall it's not too big a gripe. I'll still fuss about it tho. :P

I don't see how QTEs during the Daytime gameplay took away control so much as added an extraneous element of button-pressing to what would have otherwise been an underplayed element in the first place. They are always initiated by ramps which are, in turn, as automatic and guiding as springs are. So really, what control did we lose by Sonic Team relegated QTEs to the ramps? The ability to fall to your death if you wanted to? I don't get that one.

I didn't like the doorbell sound effect they used. Who's bright idea was that?

Maybe to keep your occupied...Like a Doorbell would normally catch your attention...

You know using the logic that boosting is automated....

Technically since the physics in the old games kept Sonic moving forward for you even if you weren't pressing anything.....wouldn't that mean that the old games were also indeed...

Automated...

OO....

INCEPTION.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't like the doorbell sound effect they used. Who's bright idea was that?

I liked it, it was kind of a "bingo- you got it!" sort of thing.

In Unleashed's case, it takes away the feeling of control and breaks the pacing in places where you won't expect them unless you memorized the stage.

When it's a few buttons like 3 buttons, it's not really much of a problem. When you have 7 different buttons to press, or in Eggmanland's case more than that in certain areas, then it becomes a problem, because not only do the above apply, but it could be seen as unfairly increasing the difficulty of the stage when failing sends you to your death.

My main gripe is just how QTEs take away the control for me, but if I'm having fun overall it's not too big a gripe. I'll still fuss about it tho. :P

Its finally that you Get what i mean. you Ranted enough 'WOW i disagree with you, that means you are a Troll, TROLL O MY BLOOD IS BOILING'. I have and never had a problem with your opinion liking QTE Challenge Fast paced game play, Yet you Bashed me enough in this thread. and Several times i ignored you. Just because I hate Unleashed game play style and think the classics are much more Challenging and controllable, doesn't mean you have to call me a Troll, Now that i think about it, I feel sorry for any New Member like me visiting SSMB and Discussing with you, Now that i think about that too : I think I might put you in my ignore list, because any time I disagree with you, I know you and your friends will call me a Troll.

Edited by gallantventurer

The Synth Soundeffects with the Generations Tricks sound very pleseant at the least. Very Adventure 1 Menu effects like.

Its finally that you Get what i mean. you Ranted enough 'WOW i disagree with you, that means you are a Troll, TROLL O MY BLOOD IS BOILING'. I have and never had a problem with your opinion liking QTE Challenge Fast paced game play, Yet you Bashed me enough in this thread. and Several times i ignored you. Just because I hate Unleashed game play style and think the classics are much more Challenging and controllable, doesn't mean you have to call me a Troll, Now that i think about it, I feel sorry for any New Member like me visiting SSMB and Discussing with you, Now that i think about that too : I think I might put you in my ignore list, because any time I disagree with you, I know you and your friend will call me a Troll.

QTEs are another matter entirely.

Infact QTEs actually goes against your argument that Sonic Unleashed is hold 1 button to win...as you have to touch multiple buttons to get passed it.

great+scott.png

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

QTEs are another matter entirely.

Infact QTEs actually goes against your argument that Sonic Unleashed is hold 1 button to win...as you have to touch multiple buttons to get passed it.

great+scott.png

Lets get this subject aside. Lets assume I am Wrong.

I Said once that the classic While you are spin dashing , enemies could hurt you. i was wrong,

then i was called a Troll.

This isn't about the subject. its about Being calm while arguing with me.

Maybe I Could Apologies because I haven't really played unleashed but judging from The videos and the Reviewers said, and from my playing of Sonic 3&k and sonic 1,

But Surely I demand people who Called me a Troll because i don't like Unleashed game play style to apologies.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Lets get this subject aside. Lets assume I am Wrong.

I Said once that the classic While you are spin dashing , enemies could hurt you. i was wrong,

then i was called a Troll.

This isn't about the subject. its about Being calm while arguing with me.

Maybe I Could Apologies because I haven't really played unleashed but judging from The videos and the Reviewers said, and from my playing of Sonic 3&k and sonic 1,

But Surely I demand people who Called me a Troll because i don't like Unleashed game play style to apologies.

The fact that you haven't even played Unleashed yet essentially invalidates all of your claims.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright guys, how about we all lighten up?

There's this YouTube video called I accidentally herped my derp. Maybe that'll lighten things up? Yes?

...ok I'll go now o.o

Wait you haven't even played UNLEASHED...and all this time you have just been arguing about it because you sooooo sure about the fact that Unleashed gameplay takes no skill?

Really? Oo

Go away....

Go faaarrr away... if you keep arguing...the shit storm is coming!

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think the shit just hit the fan already.

e12sk4.jpg

Anyway, back on topic.

Has Polygon Jim done anything new with the game demo hacks lately?

Edited by Tatsumaki

So anyway guys...that hack pretty neat huh? I wonder how Classic s=Sonic would play in City Escape in the modern version?

Edited by Voyant

The fact that you haven't even played Unleashed yet essentially invalidates all of your claims.

I Read Reviews and I listen to opinions and I watch videos.

and by the way i said skills, i said speed gaining skills. i prefer momentum and its clear as the sun fact that Modern Green Hill Zone is 4 On Rails Path ways and you could archive speed by a tap of the boost button.

I don't need to play to realize that now would I. I could be wrong about Unleashed QTE Events.

I don't like what is happening in Green Hill but I do like City escape.

I Prefer of Momentum based game play rather than the boost based game play. that all just an opinion.

So anyway guys...that hack pretty neat huh? I wonder how Classic s=Sonic would play in City Escape in the modern version?

Classic would be too slow and would get crushed in a second by gun lol

Edited by gallantventurer

and by the way i said skills, i said speed gaining skills. i prefer momentum and its clear as the sun fact that Modern Green Hill Zone is 4 On Rails Path ways and you could archive speed by a tap of the boost button.

I don't need to play to realize that now would I.

Unleashed has plenty momentum in it...its just a different KIND of momentum.

There a big difference between WATCHING and playing...and most reviews actually were positive about the daytime stages. Why do you think its still around?

Go play the fucking game first AND THEN come back and talk to us...I guarantee you might have a different opinion. I want you to just boost allll the damn time while playing toooo so you can DIE over and OVER and over again.

So that its can be ingrained into your head that it not EASY at all. The people who are playing have been playing unleashed for YEARS and play on a daily basis. You have no idea how hard it is to maintain such control over Sonic in unleashed.

So shut the fuck up. I do not tolerate nor support blind ignorance with no purist of knowledge...which is what you are doing.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Guys... I think speedduelist is back. O_O (He was another member who claimed Unleashed sucked without even playing the game and coming to his conclusion by watching vids and such.)

Edited by Inferno

Guys... I think speedduelist is back. O_O

Sega forums reallly really need to get back online....

• Thumbs Up 3

Roughly the same as we've seen him play in Green Hill Zone, although I'm unsure about how the boarding would be handled on such a hack at first; either they'd use his skateboard or he would just have to gun it downhill on his own. I think there were a few mandatory Homing Attack chains in there as well, which will be a pain in the ass to navigate, as would the truck without the Quick Step. Probably doable but potentially annoying.