Awoo.

The Bosses Topic of BBBE'ness

HyperGogeta

Hell, since he's the time eater, I bet he can switch area's middle of the battle.

I mean, look at the trailer, why would he appear in Green Hill after all the traveling Sonic did only to go back to the first place where the adventure started?

Correct me if i'm wrong but... since Sonic was first created in 1991, everything began in Green Hill zone no?

Coincidence?

Well, I remember that Gamespot video preview, when they were at Green Hill HUB, he was toying around and then jumped on the level title, and when he jumped on that place, there was some whited-out platform above. It mostly has nothing to do with the TE, but, since we see him here in GH this refloated in my mind

I'm just going to analyse Dusk Golem's theory.

Well, we could always assume that the Time Eater failed to absorb Perfect Chaos thus why he doesn't look like him. Or maybe we fight Perfect Chaos as the Time Eater is about to do so? Could be that the Time Eater doesn't stay consistently the same throughout the game.

-Finalhazard might be there, as well as Devil Doom, Metal Overlord and the Armoured Nega Wisp Snake thingy.

-Could the body shape indicate Iblis/Dark Gaia?

...I like it.

Well, I remember that Gamespot video preview, when they were at Green Hill HUB, he was toying around and then jumped on the level title, and when he jumped on that place, there was some whited-out platform above. It mostly has nothing to do with the TE, but, since we see him here in GH this refloated in my mind

Everywhere is white to begin with. You recover the colour as you progress.

I'm so gonna laugh if this Time Eater can change form and well have to fight him in 7 parts:

His normal self

Tails

Knuckles

Rouge

Cream & Cheese

Amy

Double team of Modern & Classic Sonic just like in Sonic Rush Adventure.

Or something like that.

Hell, since he's the time eater, I bet he can switch area's middle of the battle.

I mean, look at the trailer, why would he appear in Green Hill after all the traveling Sonic did only to go back to the first place where the adventure started?

Correct me if i'm wrong but... since Sonic was first created in 1991, everything began in Green Hill zone no?

Coincidence?

I don't wanna get TOO spoiled so I won't watch the trailer, but the bosses look awesome. I like how Egg Dragoon presumably takes place on the battleship from the beginning of Unleashed this time, I always kinda wanted to play a level on that ship, this is just as good. The bosses in this game look excellent, honestly with all that Sonic Team have shown us, this just seems like it's going to be the best 3D Sonic yet. Boss-wise, it just looks excellent, compared to Unleashed and Colors that is. Unleashed only had like, 3 bosses to fight as Sonic, and the rest SUCKED. And Colors, there were basically 3 bosses that got rehashed twice each. This game, every boss is original (Even if a lot of them are chases, they all spice things up somehow), and the boss arenas just look awesome in general. Metal Sonic and Shadow's in particular look like levels on their own.

I hate getting hyped for Sonic games anymore, but it's hard not to when this game looks so damn good.

Honestly, I don't think I'm disappointed with there only being 6 bosses anymore. Really. I'm being dead serious. And hell, I'm not even upset that Classic Sonic only gets 2 bosses while Modern gets 4. Why? Simply the fact of how each "era" functions. Classic is purely 2D, Dreamcast was all 3D, and Modern is a mixture of the 2. And that's how the bosses look setup. We've seen the 2 classic fights, which are both in 2D and very similar to how they functioned originally. Now it looks similar with Perfect Chaos and Shadow, with almost entirely 3D gameplay, which only Modern Sonic can do. But with Egg Dragoon and Silver, it seems that the perspective will shift between 2D and 3D periodically, which again, only Modern Sonic can handle. This seems like it was done to preserve the feel of each era, and how each boss functioned in both the Classic and Dreamcast eras. Though I gotta say, the bosses for the Modern era look RADICALLY different than their original counterparts, but this almost for the better, as Silver and Egg Dragoon look so radically different that they were almost made from the ground-up for this game, rather than being based on a previous battle.

Now the bosses themselves. Holy fuck. Well, we've already seen Metal Sonic and Death Egg Robo, and besides being a tad easy, I thought that the design, look, and feel was a thing of brilliance. Shadow's fight looks like it's combining elements of the original battle with other Ark-based levels, such as Meteor Herd and Final Rush, and it just looks absolutely robust, like a level in and of itself. Perfect Chaos? My GOD, I was worried they would water down the battle (no pun intended), but it still looks dark, threatening, and apocalyptic, maybe even moreso than the original battle did. And Perfect Chaos himself looks demonic.

The Silver fight looks awesome, but I gotta say - Egg Dragoon stole the show. The Egg Dragoon is my favorite Eggman mech design-wise, and having Modern Sonic, rather than the Werehog fight it, is a dream come true, and having the fight take place on a runway in Eggmanland is ingenious. BUT to make it even better, now the Egg Dragoon splits into 2 parts!!!! And what are those 2 parts based on....? Holy shit.... it's the Egg Viper and Egg Wyvern!!! Sega is continually finding ways to cram in additional content to represent as much as they can from the franchise, and I'm just loving all that I've seen so far.

As for Time Eater... he has... quills...? Hmm.... interesting.....

wow! have any of you noticed that Egg Dragoon is now infact a combination of Egg Wyvern and Egg Viper?ohmy.png

I like how Egg Dragoon presumably takes place on the battleship from the beginning of Unleashed this time

My only complaint about the bosses is the complete lack of Genesis-era Eggman boss robots. Not the Badniks or Egg Robo, but the absence of the end-of level bosses from Sonic 1, 2, and 3. People were complaining about the longevity of Death Egg Robo, I feel like to make up for the lack of difficulty and length of that battle, they could've thrown in like, the first level bosses from Sonic 1, 2, and 3 before you fight him. The end-level bosses were a big part of the series, and it kinda sucks that they don't really get any representation.

Not really a big deal, but it kinda miffs me.

I think that floating Eggman is Eggman controlling Egg Dragoon like a Kinect.

I thought this was the case as well.

What's good:

Perfect Chaos looks unbelievably awesome.

Every boss looks awesome in general

What's bad:

ratio of Classic to Modern. Story of the game so far. There's no reason for this.

Metal Sonic being treated as a joke. Silver and Shadow looks like invincible badasses while Metal Sonic gets kicked in the head and explodes.Really?

Metal Sonic being treated as a joke. Silver and Shadow looks like invincible badasses while Metal Sonic gets kicked in the head and explodes.Really?

Considering that Silver and Shadow's powers are..well more broken, I'm not surprised.

Did someone order FANservice?

What's good:

What's bad:

ratio of Classic to Modern. Story of the game so far. There's no reason for this.

Well we saw his battle. And we saw Death EGG too. And by some coencidendce (not sure if spelled right) those 2 get their ass kicked in trailer. Other than that Metal is just easy cause he is first boss in game.

What's good:

What's bad:

Shadow was barely in the trailer? Anyway from what little we could see it looked like Modern was about to hand his arse to him. If anything the big bosses stole the show, and rightly so.

Urm, he goes to all the other place to rescue his freinds, remember?

.... eh?

I'm talking about the Time Eater's possible abilities, not about Sonic.

What's good:

What's bad:

Really? You're complaining about a awesome finish to a boss fight?

I'm a Metal Sonic fan and i love it.That's what always happens to Eggman robots,they explode:

• Thumbs Up 1