Awoo.

The Bosses Topic of BBBE'ness

HyperGogeta

Really? You're complaining about a awesome finish to a boss fight?

I'm a Metal Sonic fan and i love it.That's what always happens to Eggman robots,they explode:

A few more.

Also, wanted to post Mecha Sonic at the same time.

What's up those Gears behind him?

Mad Gear Zone confirmed as final stage.

They are most likely representations of the gears in an old clock.

sonicgenerationsbossest.jpg

What's up those Gears behind him?

Mad Gear Zone confirmed as final stage.

830px-Hubworld_4.png

In the hub, the boss portals are surrounded by gears.

Why does everyone say Eggman is floating, he looks like he's sitting on a small red chair thing to me O_o.

That aside, this trailer is amazing, >D. I honestly can't pick which boss fight I'm looking forward to the most. But it's bugging me that I can't figure out who the Time Eater is, >=U

Alright, all my complaints about Perfect Chaos have disappeared. He looks god damned AMAZING. Half solid, half water... it's the perfect fusion.

However, I'd say Egg Dragoon steals the show. It's enormous!

Also, the one second we see of the Sonic vs Shadow track is great too.

Oh god, this is by far my favorite trailer yet...

I'm a Metal Sonic fan and i love it.That's what always happens to Eggman robots,they explode:

This.

Not to mention Shadow and Silver look like they're going to have short cutscenes where Sonic delivers the finishing blow, judging by "boss cutscene" text found in the demo files.

As well as this:

sonikkudesu.png

At first I thought this was him transforming into Super Sonic, but he's at the Ark, so I guess this is him getting ready for some dramatic/goofy finisher for Shadow, just like the Metal Sonic fight.

Sure it's an awesome finish, but the trailer just seems to make Metal Sonic look blatantly inferior to his latter rivals. Silver is chucking cars at Sonic, Shadow is showing off, and Metal is getting kicked in the head. They could have used the earlier scene of Sonic dodging Metal at the last second. They're all supposed to be threats to Sonic as "rivals". Why is Metal looking like some weak jobber in comparison?

It's a minor complaint(and I have many as I'm sure you've noticed), and I like what I see, but that just irked me.

• Thumbs Up 1

In Metal's first appearance, he was defeated by the supreme power of... a wall. And then blown up by his own creator. There's not really anywhere to go from there but up.

Besides, one of the screenshots of Silver's boss fight was what looked like him getting a spindash-headbutt in the stomach. He's not very explodey, but that should be suitably embarrassing.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sure it's an awesome finish, but the trailer just seems to make Metal Sonic look blatantly inferior to his latter rivals. Silver is chucking cars at Sonic, Shadow is showing off, and Metal is getting kicked in the head. They could have used the earlier scene of Sonic dodging Metal at the last second. They're all supposed to be threats to Sonic as "rivals". Why is Metal looking like some weak jobber in comparison?

It's a minor complaint(and I have many as I'm sure you've noticed), and I like what I see, but that just irked me.

I think you're looking into this a bit much. I didn't think it made him look inferior-- after all, Sonic fights all of them. They showed Perfect Chaos taking a hit too. Were they trying to make him look weak?

Not to mention Metal Sonic is the first fight of the game(I think). The screen of him exploding has been out for a while, so it makes sense they would show it.

It's just a trailer, man. Lighten up.

There a big difference between Metal in Sonic CD than the Metal in The Sonic the Hedgehog Movie...I think people are getting the two confused. And to be honest after every time Metal used his boost abilities he did enter a kind of a cool down state.

• Thumbs Up 1

830px-Hubworld_4.png

In the hub, the boss portals are surrounded by gears.

Why is nobody taking notice of this clever observation?

• Thumbs Up 1

There a big difference between Metal in Sonic CD than the Metal in The Sonic the Hedgehog Movie...I think people are getting the two confused. And to be honest after every time Metal used his boost abilities he did enter a kind of a cool down state.

Exactly. Besides, thatguyfrom03, all rival battles are probably gonna end like that.If anything they're making them all equally weak tongue.png

Exactly. Besides, thatguyfrom03, all rival battles are probably gonna end like that.If anything they're making them all equally weak tongue.png

I really think his complaint was that none of the other bosses LOOKED like a pushover from that trailer overall. Sure, we the three big bosses getting hit or about to be hit, but Silver and Shadow went untouched in their cutscenes, and Metal got blown to pieces. If you hadn't seen anything else of the boss fights but that video, you would guess that Metal isn't that big of a deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did... did I derp? Did everyone think of that already, and I was the only one wondering why he had cogs coming out of his armpits?

@ The Soldier: I dig how Sonic is striking the same pose as the guy in your sig. It made scrolling down the page unintentionally funny.

What I don't dig is people coming out of the woodwork complaining about the ratio of classic material to modern material, especially since this was known from the beginning. Modern Sonic's been relevant for thirteen years, over half of the series' lifespan. Going through the series chronologically isn't inherently unfair.

And finally, seeing Doomsday-ish Green Hill Zone makes me hope for an awesome arena battle with Time Eater there.

Damn it...I caved and watched the trailer.

Honestly, everything looks great and I'm really intrigued by the Time Eater's appearance. Definitely seeing a very strong resemblance to the Egg Nega Wisp, but I think the most interesting part is definitely the clock gears surrounding the cloud.

The fact that SEGA have been very tight lipped about the Time Eater makes me suspicious that it's not as simple as it might appear. They've managed to give the Time Eater a real sense of mystery about what it is, I really think there's something else in the story regarding the Time Eater that makes it a little different from our standard MOTW.

The fact that SEGA have been very tight lipped about the Time Eater makes me suspicious that it's not as simple as it might appear. They've managed to give the Time Eater a real sense of mystery about what it is, I really think there's something else in the story regarding the Time Eater that makes it a little different from our standard MOTW.