Awoo.

The Bosses Topic of BBBE'ness

HyperGogeta

Although this recent trailer revealed just about everything, there is one good thing. Everything from the demo leak has been officially confirmed. So from this point on, we're going in blind with no priror knowlege of whats to come anymore. Its all new from here on out...

• Thumbs Up 4

I thought the point of Eggman just hovering around in the head of the Egg Dragoon was that he could control the machine with his gestures alone, sort of like the Gundams in the (admittedly pretty terrible) G-Gundam series.

But now that you bring up the possibility, maybe they did just forget to add in his cockpit. :P

I hope they don't add in a cockpit. Eggman looks quite imperial hovering in the head of the Egg Dragoon. He really looks like he's the one in command.

Okay so how do we know Time eater is a generic motw? This thing wants to specifically destroy sonic. he has his motives. So he could either be eggman or something with a mind. (It could talk...maybe.)

As for the other bosses....LOVE THEM! (i don't even care that the ratio from classic to modern is unbalanced.) I specifically love what the did with Egg dragoon.(Combining other bosses with it, GENIUS!) Shadow looks like a interesting battle(especially seeing as how it seems to be combining aspects from crazy gadget/Final rush). Chaos...oh my god chaos your beautiful! It looks like it's going to be a epic battle! This has officially Raised my hype up even more!biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope they don't add in a cockpit. Eggman looks quite imperial hovering in the head of the Egg Dragoon. He really looks like he's the one in command.

I thought the point of Eggman just hovering around in the head of the Egg Dragoon was that he could control the machine with his gestures alone, sort of like the Gundams in the (admittedly pretty terrible) G-Gundam series.

all of my hate.

"Riiiisssse Egg DRAGOOOOOOOON! *snaps fingers*

I'd love Sonic Team forever.

Which is funny, since the cockpit is actually one the Dragoon at 42-44 seconds.

*Killjoy

What can I say? I fudging love cockpits(Something about that statement didn't feel right...). Although the floating is a cool concept, it's a bit too exotic for me to want in a giant mech... maybe for a more multipurpose use? Like general masquerading around his bases.

Anyhow, I'm pretty confident Sega just accidentally the Dragoon's cockpit in that particular trailer. For one point, his feet and posture belie the same sitting position he had in the original fight, with the displaced energy field properly accounting for where the main cockpit should be. Plus the free fall section rectifies said error. for a split second.

All of that effort put into Shadow's rival stage?

DLC acts look possible, there's a lot there to work with.

Yet for some reason, there barely showing any footage of the Shadow boss

Eggman didn't look out of place. I've watched the trailer over a few times, and he's hovering alright. Not like model character hovering in nothing, but floating with moving arms and legs.

Honestly, this could be the greatest Eggman controlled robot ever conceived. I already thought it was amazing in Unleashed, but now... Some people brought up traits that he took from the Egg Viper and Egg Wyvern, but I think he's also based off the Egg Dragoon from Sonic Unleashed's intro.

Plus, I saw hexagons from wherever he was, possibly alternating between three cockpits, so a direct Homing Attack or Boost won't work so easily, working well as the boss right before the final one. And the fact that it seems to be controlled by his actions instead of buttons? Controlled by MIND and MOVEMENT? Like you said, he's got an imperial air about him, but... honestly, I'm ecstatic by how confident he is in that mech.

The only thing that'll suck is having to tear it apart.

goddamnitSonic

The only problem is in the last 2 games his boss-bots were cockpit controlled, and there is a cockpit below him and later in the video you see it up. But i do like the idea of him alternating between cockpits, that would be cool.

Only because the last 2 were cockpit controlled doesn't mean this one will. I'd love to see it controlled by mind & movement

But it's not, the Egg Dragoon does have a primary and secondary cockpit(the hull cockpit model is just depressed/glitched into the hull in the first half of the video but not in the second half... that and him just floating in a giant robot when he can and has hypothetically done the same thing from his nigh-impenetrable Egg Mobile is retarded).

Although it seems to me Eggman's been having his creations mimick his hand motions to some extent a lot recently. When he first reveals the Dragoon and orders it to wreck Sonic's foothold, the Dragoon makes the same pointing gesture that the Doc does, same arm so it happens to be the drill. Plus if you observe the manner in which the Egg Nega Wisp(which I hope is a boss in the 3DS version, mixing the attacks of both originals, if not Ghost Titan or bust) he makes the same hand motions the robot makes when using the laser or cube attack, which is cool.

Don't get me wrong, Magic Eggman is a cool thought for more controlled or stable situations, but him just floating in a combat mech when he could be sipping tea inside what amounts to an escape pod that's black hole proof just seems... counterproductive both aesthetically and fundamentally?

That part where Egg Dragoon slams down his arms reminds me of the final boss from Sonic Rush.

You know how classic sonic has a finishing move against metal sonic. Does anyone think that during the shadow fight, modern sonics finishing move will be the sonic wind?

You know how classic sonic has a finishing move against metal sonic. Does anyone think that during the shadow fight, modern sonics finishing move will be the sonic wind?

>Hexagons all over the Egg Dragoon

Possible reference?

HEXAeco_1.png

Possibly, but I think Hexagons have been used in other levels to,

But yeah, since its called "HEXAeco" that's the most likely reference if the hexagons are a reference,

Or hexagon patterns amimations just make for really commonplace energy shields?

The original PS360 Dragoon had them on its cockpit before Weresonic ripped its power nodes off.

• Thumbs Up 1