• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flyboy Fox

• Blue Blood

• Chris

• Urtheart

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides, it gives our moderators some work to do. ;D

Heck yes. Us poor starving mods, fighting over the tiny scraps of misbehaviour to credit disciplining them as our own. You know, we have cage matches over who gets to strike someone :(

Heck yes. Us poor starving mods, fighting over the tiny scraps of misbehaviour to credit disciplining them as our own. You know, we have cage matches over who gets to strike someone :(

Would you like some volunteers to post hardcore nudity all over the place? You can have a race to see who removes the most stuff!

The winner gets the cookies, the loser shall be a booed and made to scrub the staff toilet.

[...] the loser shall be a booed and made to scrub the staff toilet.

Anything but that :( Seriously, if you could see that... thing. ... I suppose it's an incentive to work harder, though. Or kill each other. YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE.

Ahem.

But seriously seriously, sorting out a few overgrown quote pyramids wouldn't be much of a chore. I (hopefully) anticipate that most of our current forum count know what constitutes 'reasonable' use of the function.

omg guys the pyramid quotes are like eye rape for my poor tired brain >__<

I think a rule might be a good idea Flyboy, people pay attention to the rules for the most part, if it does get out of hand. But I think just reporting the topic/telling the poster would work just as well.

I think that having you edit them out yourself makes sense because sometimes I like a quote within a quote to give something context, but I think it gets a bit ridiculous when it's 3,4,5+ quotes.

Edited by Mollfie

That's fair enough then- a simple enough solution. But could I get an answer to my initial question as to why the auto-removal of them wasn't put on here in the first place after it existed on the old board?

Just wanna mention that it's just as easy to build your own pyramid (as in, put all the quotes in yourself) as it is to demolish them. It works both ways =P

Edited by Blue Blood

The winner gets the cookies, the loser shall be a booed and made to scrub the staff toilet.

By scrub I assume you mean stuff a grenade or similar explosive device and detonate.

That's fair enough then- a simple enough solution. But could I get an answer to my initial question as to why the auto-removal of them wasn't put on here in the first place after it existed on the old board?

As far as I know, it simply wasn't added. Disabling them isn't an automatic feature, and therefore when the board was remade, no one thought to add auto-truncating quote pyramids. That's the long and short of it, nothing more :P

PS: Urth... I assume you realize that would plunge =SSMB= into a nuclear winter of epically foul smelling proportions, right?

Aye aye, I know it's not a default feature and figured that forgetfulness was the likely cause. Thanks, man!

Edited by Blue Blood

I don't think there's much left to be said on this topic and we seem to have come to an agreeable solution - the quote system stays as it is right now as there doesn't seem to be too much of a problem - and if any topics DO start to become cluttered, the report system is your friend :)

So, issue solved, methinks.

-Locked-

PS: Urth... I assume you realize that would plunge =SSMB= into a nuclear winter of epically foul smelling proportions, right?

You know, I may do it even if I don't lose.

Wait is the girl's loo that messy? The Men's room is immaculate. What do you do in there?

You don't want to know... -_- ~ Flyboy