Awoo.

Worst Sonic Game Soundtrack?

Aleekun107

I've just been thinking, the majority of the Sonic games, whether the games are good or bad, have some catchy, memorable and awesome songs you have the pleasure listening to. It can even be redeeming factors for bad Sonic games such as Sonic and the black knight and Sonic 06.

However, not all Sonic games have great soundtracks. What I mean is that I have a curiosity with each person to what Sonic game has the worst or least memorable music when playing.

For me, I would have to go with Sonic Labyrinth and Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.

As Sonic Labyrinth stands as my worst sonic game of all time, its not a surprise that is no pleasure to listen to and I have no fond memories with its music of 8-bit mish mash when going through its miserable gameplay.

Sonic Chronicles, well was highly disappointing in the sound department, especially for an RPG.

I mean, did 'Green Hill Zone' sound like the green hill zone theme? No, it was just generic midi music to my ears. I mean why include Green Hill Zone as a level and then have the music nothing related to the iconic tune associated with it? That just somehow baffles me.

Even the battle music, bar battle music 3 didn't really get me excited that much :S.

So, I wonder what is your least favourite Sonic Soundtrack in a Sonic game?

Sonic Chronicles was bad, but I DID enjoy the mp3 music in there. It's a shame the rest of the soundtrack had to be last minute replaced. I did actually like the original track they came up with for Green Hill though. It was odd but kind of tranquil.

Overall though, I'd say, to my memory, Triple Trouble was my least favourite. Sunset Park's Train is alright yeah, but the rest of the music I recall being pretty damn bland.

Edited by JezMM

I'm going to have to go with Sonic Chronicles soundtrack. The music actually sounded as if someone picked up a knife and had just gutted it.

Edited by Balding Spider

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood for me, I really hated how the composers ruined such great classic Sonic tracks in that game I mean I can't even listen to Metropolis without cringing hard that it's a ruined version of Panic Puppet Act 1 Saturn :(. Without a doubt one of the worse sonic soundtracks I've ever listened to and I've never hated a Sonic soundtrack ever and I'm a major fan of the Sonic games music but only it has about 2 good tracks in that game but those tracks can't save the ost it's that bad plus it makes me upset that the fantastic Richard Jacques was involved too (well his tracks from 3D Flickies Island Saturn is in it) but I blame Steve Sim really for the terrible soundtrack =/

Edited by Esperance

Vouching for Chronicles again. Though a few of the tracks for me were okay(i.e. Eggtropolis and a couple of the boss battle tracks) but none of those were really memorable compared to anything Sonic music-related.

Edited by DragonSoul

Whoa, people are hating on Chronicles Soundtrack more than I had anticipated.

Not surprised really.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is kinda hard as I pretty much like all Sonic music (even the games that I didn't like, I still liked the music). But, I'd have to say that I really didn't like Sonic 3D Blast/Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island music. The music just makes me want to cry, and certainly not tears of joy. The music is just, too choppy.

Definitely Sonic Chronicles.It's bland,it ruined classic tracks and it's just lazily made.

Chronicles. Dat Green Hill theme... *cries*

Not enough words can describe my hatred for that game in general. ^^;

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This is kinda hard as I pretty much like all Sonic music (even the games that I didn't like, I still liked the music). But, I'd have to say that I really didn't like Sonic 3D Blast/Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island music. The music just makes me want to cry, and certainly not tears of joy. The music is just, too choppy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Chronicles, hands down. The soundtrack is usually what I look forward to when I purchase a new Sonic game so Sonic Chronicles soundtrack really disappointed me with that. It's the first Sonic game where I have to enjoy it with the volume all the way down. THAT's how bad it is.

Edited by sonfan1984

Chronicles. I mean, hear this shit:

It's depressing. :(

There's only 16,779 views for a reason. ;)

Edited by Tatsumaki

Chronicles. Hands down.

Central City's theme wouldn't even make a Game Boy blush. Hell, it probably wouldn't make an Atari 2600 ashamed. How such atrocious music made it to the final product is anyone's guess. It's weird because the videos before release had marginally better themes that seemed original. But alas, the final game had extremely crappy remixes of originally excellent songs. They took Jun Senoue's fantastic Mega Drive Sonic 3D Blast The Final Fight music and warped and mutilated it to play to an area that doesn't even suit it in the slightest (Mystic Ruins). They took Richard Jacque's suspenseful Panic Puppet theme in Saturn 3D Blast and slaughtered it. They even took Naofumi Hataya's Tidal Tempest Past theme and committed heresy by turning it into a horrible mechanized parody of the natural and mysterious Sonic CD version for Metropolis Ground Zero.

It's song mutilation of the most awful kind and easily takes the title of worst Sonic Game Soundtrack BY A LONG SHOT. There's no originality and the song choices are odd as well as made into extremely poor parodies with weedy instrumentation.

• Thumbs Up 7

Chronicles. I mean, hear this shit:

*Horrible GHZ music*

It's depressing. :(

There's only 16,779 views for a reason. ;)

Edited by Esperance

A bad sonic soundtrack? Didn't even know such a thing existed. (I don't count chronicles as a sonic game)

Ya chronicles for sure. I mean the battle music annoyed me more than the werehog battle music, and that saying something because I once turn off the sound of the TV when playing a werehog stage( I never did that while playing any game except that one time so frustrated i couldn't hear the music anymore).So I normally play chronicles with no sound.The only music I like from that soundtrack is the intro music.

Okay guys, question for you.

What's the worst Sonic soundtrack, OTHER THAN Chronicles? :P

• Thumbs Up 3

Spinball? Especially the Game Gear version. It's just so dark and creepy and unexceptional. But then again, Spinball isn't canon and as a result, it has a grittiness that perhaps justified the gritty, uninteresting soundtrack.

Some of Spinball's songs hurt my ears though due to their....rough and loud tunes. Like on the options screen of the Mega Drive version.

Some of Spinball's songs hurt my ears though due to their....rough and loud tunes. Like on the options screen of the Mega Drive version.

Ironically that song is what made me love the Spinball soundtrack.

It's like a mix of arcade-y pinball tunes and Sonic attitude.

Chronicles. Also, I used to hate Rush's soundtrack, but now It grew on me

Rush. Seriously, just listen to this garbage. Ugh.

Nah, just kidding. How could I hate my favorite Sonic OST? xD

In all seriousness though, I'd say that the "honor" has to go to Black Knight (though only if Chronicles doesn't count). God, it's just so generic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miOWBxm3Prk.

Edited by Dissident