Awoo.

Worst Sonic Game Soundtrack?

Aleekun107

@Nicknyte

And that is why we got an awesome remix to make up for it : D

I wasn't to crazy about that remix/arrangment, it felt to simplistic for my tastes.

I kinda feel the same. When there was EEEWAKAERRREEERKKRRRRR should have been actual electric guitar. *shrugs*.....

DUN DUN DUN DA DUN.

Never understood the "memorable" argument to be perfectly honest. Lots of mainstream music is "memorable" and sticks in your head because its catchy but it doesn't really change the fact that it sucks. It sticks in your head even if you don't want it to be there. For example, Splash Hill Act 1 is memorable but goddamn the annoying cat synth makes it a pain to listen to sometimes.

For the record though, every track in Sonic Colours stuck with me even more so than Adventure, Adventure 2, 06, Shadow, Heroes and tied with Unleashed but in a good sense. I could happily go along and hum and whistle any track in the game on a whim, which is something I can only really do with Sonic 1, 2 and Unleashed. Although this is less down to the fact that the tracks are "memorable" per se and more down to the fact that I have more of an emotional attachment to these soundtracks. The soundtracks just fill me with joy when I listen to them. I dunno, I don't see how they're bland though music is highly subjective and at least you tried to justify.

But then again, you're posts give me the impression you're very bitter towards Sonic Colours as a whole so whatevs.

Yes, music is subjective. Everyone is going to have a different point of view on this subject. The music is boring, generic and not memorable for me besides a few tracks. The theme song 'Reach for the stars' is good, but the singer is damn awful. Which ruins the song for me. The soundtrack isn't bad. It's decent, but the worst in the main series for me. Sonic games mostly have fantastic music. So calling the Sonic Colours soundtrack decent, but not in par with the others isn't a bad point of view.

I don't like the game, but find the soundtrack to be decent. Explain to me how that's bitter please. There's really no need for petty insults like that. So 'whatevs'.

Edited by -L-

I don't like the game, but find the soundtrack to be decent. Explain to me how that's bitter please. There's really no need for petty insults like that. So 'whatevs'.

Saying your posting history shows that you hold an unexplained grudge against Sonic Colours (which it does) is not a "petty insult." At most it is an implication of bias, which is likely why it was brought up.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 2

Saying your posting history shows that you hold an unexplained grudge against Sonic Colours (which it does) is not a "petty insult." At most it is an implication of bias, which is likely why it was brought up.

Unexplained? I've explained why I dislike the game numerously. I've explained why I find the soundtrack to be just decent as well. Calling someone bitter over something like that certainly is a petty insult.

How is that an unexplained grudge? Hmm?

Disliking something =/= Holding a grudge

Edited by -L-

I'll side with L on this one. Regardless of bias, L has repeatedly stated he does not like Sonic Colors. In a way however, it is commendable, because he could be a complete ass about it and shun the game and everything related about it, or calmly give his opinion. Let's get on with the topic people.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see how anybody could conceive that being insulting at all. I'm bitter about 06 for example and would freely admit that. You're constantly negative about Colours in every post you make with regards to the game as if it did absolutely nothing decent for the Sonic franchise. Infact, this has to be the first post from you've I've seen that isn't completely negative towards the game. Don't try to act like a smart alack.

I don't see how anybody could conceive that being insulting at all. I'm bitter about 06 for example and would freely admit that. You're constantly negative about Colours in every post you make with regards to the game as if it did absolutely nothing decent for the Sonic franchise. Infact, this has to be the first post from you've I've seen that isn't completely negative towards the game. Don't try to act like a smart alack.

Calling someone bitter is certainly insulting, my dear.

Your biased view of my posts does not indicate any truth to your statement. You've only seen my negative posts towards the game, but that does not mean there aren't positive posts. Logic. I'll repeat myself again, I've explained why I dislike the game numerously. I've also mentioned the positive, such as how it helped the series critically with its simplicity.

There is absolutely no reason for making a biased response like that. This is quite silly though, so let's draw the line here and get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, could this response have been any more worthless?

Calling someone bitter is certainly insulting, my dear.

Your biased view of my posts does not indicate any truth to your statement. You've only seen my negative posts towards the game, but that does not mean there aren't positive posts. Logic. I'll repeat myself again, I've explained why I dislike the game numerously. I've also mentioned the positive, such as how it helped the series critically with its simplicity.

There is absolutely no reason for making a biased response like that. This is quite silly though, so let's draw the line here and get back on topic.

I still fail to see how it's insulting. Please justify. If somebody said I was bitter about something, I wouldn't be insulted at all. I'd at least take it into consideration and try to see what they could possibly be talking about. If you took offence then I see that more as you being over-sensitive about it.

On topic though, I forgot to reply to this:

Oh look

I found an easy rival to Chronicles in terms of awful music biggrin.png Daren't I give it the label of music? I'm not sure it deserves it... blink.png

My god, this is absolutely horrible. If somebody heard this and had never heard 8 bit music before they'd probably be under the assumption that all of it sucks (which of course really isn't the case). I don't think I've ever heard something so dead and simplistic in my life. It doesn't even sound like music, more like a random assortment of sound effects. Like if I made a track out of jump and spring sounds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, could this response have been any more worthless?

No.

If a justification helps you sleep at night, great, but I think the subject should be further discussed in a PM, not here.

Edited by Nicknyte
  • Thumbs Up 1

I still fail to see how it's insulting. Please justify. If somebody said I was bitter about something, I wouldn't be insulted at all. I'd at least take it into consideration and try to see what they could possibly be talking about. If you took offence then I see that more as you being over-sensitive about it.

Calling someone bitter is insulting. You're calling me something I am not by using an unjustified point of view. I already explained to you how your statement was wrong. There was nothing to take into consideration if you knew the facts of this matter.

Looks like I'll be repeating myself yet again:

This is quite silly though, so let's draw the line here and get back on topic.

Any further replies will be ignored in this thread. It's getting ridiculous. PM me if you can't resist responding for whatever reason.

Edited by -L-

-Emerald Beach remix from Gens-

How come I never knew this was on Generations??? Vat. Must replay game if only to listen to this. I genuinely liked the Battle soundtrack. :u

My least favorite soundtrack? Well that's a tough one. I kinda like most of the music in most Sonic games. Guess I'll do a cop out and say Sonic 4 Ep 1 because... reasons... Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Unexplained? I've explained why I dislike the game numerously.

Until someone calls you on your reasoning ("they copied all of the assets from Unleashed!" being the more common one), at which point you become scarce until some other topic comes up when you can do it again.

I've explained why I find the soundtrack to be just decent as well. Calling someone bitter over something like that certainly is a petty insult.

Calling someone bitter is insulting. You're calling me something I am not by using an unjustified point of view. I already explained to you how your statement was wrong. There was nothing to take into consideration if you knew the facts of this matter.

Except it's not. I'd be amazed if anyone figured you would post anything other than Sonic Colors in this thread, and an offhand gesture implying that you might be biased in that regard is not insulting you.

This is quite silly though, so let's draw the line here and get back on topic.
Looks like I'll be repeating myself yet again:

Any further replies will be ignored in this thread. It's getting ridiculous. PM me if you can't resist responding for whatever reason.

I still love how things are fine to discuss until just after you finish getting your word in edgewise. At which point, it becomes silly.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 1

Until someone calls you on your reasoning ("they copied all of the assets from Unleashed!" being the more common one), at which point you become scarce until some other topic comes up when you can do it again.

Except it's not. I'd be amazed if anyone figured you would post anything other than Sonic Colors in this thread, and an offhand gesture implying that you might be biased in that regard is not insulting you.

I still love how things are fine to discuss until just after you finish getting your word in edgewise. At which point, it becomes silly.

I've made all my points perfectly clear, with statements backed up with solid reasoning. Now you're wanting me to explain all of the little details why I dislike it? Generic 2D platforming with automated 3D sections is one of them, which I've mentioned many times. I'll repeat myself again, what you've seen isn't all there is to see. It's my opinion whether you like it or not. This argument was also practically over. I said he could continue this via PM if he wanted to continue it, in order to not spam the topic with any more of our off-topic responses if you bothered reading the full post, which you apparently didn't. Though the same applies to you. PM me if you want to continue this pointless debate.

I don't consider a few meh tracks to warrant labelling a soundtrack as "worst". Sonic Colours had a few tracks that didn't interest me such as Tropical Resort, Starlight Carnival, Asteroid Coaster, Captain/Admiral Jelly and the repetitive theme in the cutscenes when Yacker is around but it had some stonkingly brilliant songs such as Planet Wisp, Aquatic Park, Terminal Velocity, Final Boss theme as well as the gorgeous orchestrated songs on the title screen and load file screen. So labelling it as "worst" just because I'm so impartial to some songs and consider them bland and uninteresting would be a gross overstatement because I adore other songs from it and consider them amazing.

Same thing with SatBK. Some songs are "meh", other songs are ace and the cutscene music was amazingly good at getting across the emotional context of the scene i.e Merlina's "forlorn introspection" with the flower, the menacing quality to the music in the opening when Arthur approaches Sonic and Merlina on his horse after Sonic grabs his precious chili dogs etc.

A Sonic soundtrack has to be consistently awful and "meh" for me to truly label it was "Worst" with honesty and a straight face.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't consider a few meh tracks to warrant labelling a soundtrack as "worst". Sonic Colours had a few tracks that didn't interest me such as Tropical Resort, Starlight Carnival, Asteroid Coaster, Captain/Admiral Jelly and the repetitive theme in the cutscenes when Yacker is around but it had some stonkingly brilliant songs such as Planet Wisp, Aquatic Park, Terminal Velocity,Sweet MTN., Final Boss theme as well as the gorgeous orchestrated songs on the title screen and load file screen. So labelling it as "worst" just because I'm so impartial to some songs and consider them bland and uninteresting would be a gross overstatement because I adore other songs from it and consider them amazing.

Same thing with SatBK. Some songs are "meh", other songs are ace and the cutscene music was amazingly good at getting across the emotional context of the scene i.e Merlina's "forlorn introspection" with the flower, the menacing quality to the music in the opening when Arthur approaches Sonic and Merlina on his horse after Sonic grabs his precious chili dogs etc.

A Sonic soundtrack has to be consistently awful and "meh" for me to truly label it was "Worst" with honesty and a straight face.

I would so agree 100% with this if it wasn't for you not being interested in Tropical Resort!:o WHY VERTE?! Still love ya though.;)

I don't consider a few meh tracks to warrant labelling a soundtrack as "worst". Sonic Colours had a few tracks that didn't interest me such as Tropical Resort, Starlight Carnival, Asteroid Coaster, Captain/Admiral Jelly and the repetitive theme in the cutscenes when Yacker is around but it had some stonkingly brilliant songs such as Planet Wisp, Aquatic Park, Terminal Velocity, Final Boss theme as well as the gorgeous orchestrated songs on the title screen and load file screen. So labelling it as "worst" just because I'm so impartial to some songs and consider them bland and uninteresting would be a gross overstatement because I adore other songs from it and consider them amazing.

I would so agree 100% with this if it wasn't for you not being interested in Tropical Resort!ohmy.png WHY VERTE?! Still love ya though.wink.png

Edited by Verte

Ok, Ok...it has an awesome chorus line and it's variations in acts 2/4 and 3/5 sound incredibly fun and bouncy but that intro is so repetitive and the part after the intro isn't ear-wormy or interesting to me wacko.png

• Thumbs Up 1

It would have to be all the Sonic games on the Game Gear/Master System after Sonic 1. Sonic 1 SMS had a pretty awesome soundtrack mind you.

I...honestly thought that G-Sonic/Sonic Blast had some really good songs. This is probably the most enchanting rendition of GHZ ever next to Sonic 2 GG's equivalent;

And the final boss theme is actually very catchy and good;

Though granted, they're probably the only good songs in the entire game. The rest of it is truly unmemorable.