Awoo.

Worst Sonic Game Soundtrack?

Aleekun107

I didn't think it was possible to hate Colors' soundtrack. I stand corrected.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bland? I personally don't think so, but I can see why someone would say that.

Unmemorable? Eh.

Unmemorable? Eh.

As in, not many of the tracks stuck in my head besides Tropical Resort and Aquarium Park, etc. Making those tracks memorable for me, and the others unmemorable. It's always going to vary from person to person.

I don't consider a few meh tracks to warrant labelling a soundtrack as "worst". Sonic Colours had a few tracks that didn't interest me such as Tropical Resort, Starlight Carnival, Asteroid Coaster, Captain/Admiral Jelly and the repetitive theme in the cutscenes when Yacker is around but it had some stonkingly brilliant songs such as Planet Wisp, Aquatic Park, Terminal Velocity, Final Boss theme as well as the gorgeous orchestrated songs on the title screen and load file screen. So labelling it as "worst" just because I'm so impartial to some songs and consider them bland and uninteresting would be a gross overstatement because I adore other songs from it and consider them amazing.

Same thing with SatBK. Some songs are "meh", other songs are ace and the cutscene music was amazingly good at getting across the emotional context of the scene i.e Merlina's "forlorn introspection" with the flower, the menacing quality to the music in the opening when Arthur approaches Sonic and Merlina on his horse after Sonic grabs his precious chili dogs etc.

A Sonic soundtrack has to be consistently awful and "meh" for me to truly label it was "Worst" with honesty and a straight face.

To be honest this is why I've never been that passionate about my hatred for the Chronicles soundtrack. The shitty midi overworld music was terrible but I actually really like the mp3 quality battle themes. They were really pumping and cool.

Obviously hating one half and loving the other doesn't make it a good soundtrack, but it's at least mediocre overall.

As in, not many of the tracks stuck in my head besides Tropical Resort and Aquarium Park, etc. Making those tracks memorable for me, and the others unmemorable. It's always going to vary from person to person.

Yeah, I know what unmemorable means :U

Riders ZG is also another one for me, I only like about 4 travks from that game while finding the rest to be meh.

I...honestly thought that G-Sonic/Sonic Blast had some really good songs. This is probably the most enchanting rendition of GHZ ever next to Sonic 2 GG's equivalent;

And the final boss theme is actually very catchy and good;

Though granted, they're probably the only good songs in the entire game. The rest of it is truly unmemorable.

Granted, but this has to be my favourite and indeed it is GG/SMS.

For all the praise Sonic's soundtracks get in the comments section of negative reviews of Sonic games, there are a lot of clunkers and at least as many stinkers.

Sonic Battle definitely falls under stinker. I mean, it's just noise. You could make an Experience Bij out of this game's soundtrack.

Sonic Spinball: Man how 80's can a videogame soundtrack be? If you wanna bring the synth funk, well,

OK, well, 2. Plus, it has that usual GEMS un-quality to it. The only game to use it and still sound not terrible was probably Comix Zone.

On a related note (not really), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTQIiIKummw.

Sonic 06 had a

of
and then a bunch of I dunno what.

Solaris Phase 2 looks so much like that symbol from Twilight princess, what's up with that? Was that symbol around before?

Man, why have final boss themes sucked so much?

It's telling that I know the name "

but not the name of the stage it's from even though I got far enough to unlock all the characters worth bothering with. Rest of the soundtrack, I don't remember it. I assume there were other songs because they pop up in recommended videos, guess I'll just take their word for it.

Compare the

with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8haGR2cG94w. When I first heard the former I was having images of F Zero flashing in my head with no idea why for a while. Why am I posting this here? I just like F-Zero.

Colors... I like the first 45 odd seconds of Aquarium park act 2, but other than that, pretty mediocre.

So, Sonic Adventure 2 has Metal Harbour and that's very nice but all the other songs just kind of blend together in my head, just so much guitar riffs and drum pounding and then there's some idiosyncratic track for some reason.

Man,

were together before the former had a name.

Man, this post got weird. But Chronicles sounds like someone messing with fruity loops for the first time. Makes that story seem plausible. And while I'm on it, the intro also sounds a lot like Sunset Park act 3.

I wouldn't say I hate it, but I find Unleashed's soundtrack somewhat unmemorable out of the entire soundtrack there are maybe one or two tracks I can say that I liked.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't say I hate it, but I find Unleashed's soundtrack somewhat unmemorable out of the entire soundtrack there are maybe one or two tracks I can say that I liked.

The soundtrack is huge. There is plenty of music you probably won't even be paying attention to, that alone sounds pretty meh, but when plopped in cutscenes work extremely well. The main stages all had a wealthy variety of music, it wasn't all rock, it wasn't all techno, it wasn't all orchestral. It was a healthy mix of everything in my view.

Probably the most well balanced soundtrack all things considered, and that's all I demand from a Sonic game. I always felt that Sonic Games do not tie themselves to a particular genre of music or sound, all it needs is music that suits the situation and/or location and something that is pleasing to the ear. That said it isn't perfect.

My worst Sonic Soundtrack is probably Sonic Chronicles. There wasn't a whole lot in that soundtrack that could be described as being pleasing to the ear.

The soundtrack is huge. There is plenty of music you probably won't even be paying attention to, that alone sounds pretty meh, but when plopped in cutscenes work extremely well. The main stages all had a wealthy variety of music, it wasn't all rock, it wasn't all techno, it wasn't all orchestral. It was a healthy mix of everything in my view.

Probably the most well balanced soundtrack all things considered, and that's all I demand from a Sonic game. I always felt that Sonic Games do not tie themselves to a particular genre of music or sound, all it needs is music that suits the situation and/or location and something that is pleasing to the ear. That said it isn't perfect.

I'm not saying it's a bad soundtrack, just a little unremarkable; maybe I'm just too used to the guitars, I dunno

I was about to post this. It's a pretty dull soundtrack except for a few tracks.