Awoo.

Worst Sonic Game Soundtrack?

Aleekun107

That's not orchestrated.

Ok i screwed up so sue me :P

Sorry :lol: If you were a "Cow and Chicken" fan you would get the reference :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Am I the only one that doesn't hate the music in Sonic Chronicles?

For me worse music is Sonic R, and Sonic Colors.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 3

There are very few Sonic games with songs I dislike. Sonic Chronicles was meh. But I have a habit of playing ds games with the sound off anyways so it doesn't really matter.

Triple Trouble. Didn't care for really any of the songs.

Actually I didn't have it right the first time, interesting to note that strikethrough doesn't work on numbers for some reason. And I won't get over it thank you very much. I'll never call a shit game which had less story than the games it's meant to be a sequel for and that was so unoriginal that it had to ripoff all the bosses including the final boos, as Sonic 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one that doesn't hate the music in Sonic Chronicles?

For me worse music is Sonic R, and Sonic Colors.

Yes, you're alone there. I can say that with certainty.

Actually I didn't have it right the first time, interesting to note that strikethrough doesn't work on numbers for some reason. And I won't get over it thank you very much. I'll never call a shit game which had less story than the games it's meant to be a sequel for and that was so unoriginal that it had to ripoff all the bosses including the final boos, as Sonic 4.

Maybe when they get round to doing something other than degradating the classics with cheap knockoffs with bad physics by fixing part 2 and making it an actual new game, then I'll slightly get over it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osw6BkuCAEU

Yes, you're alone there. I can say that with certainty.

Seconded. Chronicles was grating, and did no justice to the original tracks that were remixed.

Chronicles, sorry if you think its a cop out but its the truth. all sonic soundtracks have their highs and lows but that music is just hurtful to the ears, who composed the music to that anyways? he deserves a sock to the gut from every one of us!

My second is spinball allot of the music just doesnt fit. i have no idea what Drossin was thinking when after all he helped create sonic 3k's music which is some of the best classic sonic music.

I dunno. I'm not big on Spinball's soundtrack (aside from Toxic Caves - that is a TUNE), but it was sort of heavy and clunky sounding. Matched very well to the action in that regard.

Edited by JezMM

I know I'm going along with most other people here when I say this, but I think Sonic Chronicles might be the only soundtrack I've heard so far that has actually kind of disappointed me. All the others have at least several tracks that really enjoy listening to. All the ones in Sonic Chronicles just sound so bland, boring, and poorly made. As if they had put no effort into it at all. Plus, the quality itself is just crap.

But, I must admit. If there's one song from Sonic Chronicles that I have to honestly say I enjoy, it's definitely this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osw6BkuCAEU

Seconded. Chronicles was grating, and did no justice to the original tracks that were remixed.

Lol. One of my favourite Simpson's episodes. Fun fact to note: Homer, the one dishing out the "Nerd" insult actually is swayed to their side someway through it, becoming a kind of nerd himself. ;)

Actually there is one tune remixed in Chronicles that I'd really like to hear again. It was, like all the music, poorly made and sounded bad, however I remember it being awesome for the pure fact that........UGH! I've even forgotten that! Maybe it was like......remixed from a tune from the cartoons or something? All I remember is it was cool to hear it, as butchered as it was.

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Game.com's SJ soundtrack (if you can even call it that) isn't really bad or ear bleeding its just...basic...really basic. like no thought was put into it really. it was a no name console that SEGA probably knew was going to die off fast so they put in a ports of Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles for a quick buck. they didn't make the music sound remotely close to its console couterparts, i wonder just how powerful the sound chip in the game.com was?...

It was quickly forgotten and so was its music so thats why it isn't remembered.

Chronicles, clearly. There are maybe three vaguely listenable tracks in that entire mess, and even that's a bit of a stretch.

Aside from that, I honestly can't think of a soundtrack that's stuck out at me as being particularly bad. When Sonic soundtracks aren't good, they're usually just forgettable... I couldn't tell you much about Triple Trouble sans Sunset Park or Tails' Adventures' soundtrack, for instance... I guess that puts them among the worst, for whatever that's worth. I might be inclined to throw Black Knight on to that list too, but it gets a pass for With Me and Molten Mine (<3, even though the version from Black Dawn is better).

I haven't known many orchestras to have a rock guitar in the backing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbtiG53sRaE

How are these not epic? Playing the main theme has an emotional and thematic reasoning behind it. It's the theme of the game, the theme of the hero's big arrival! Whenever Sonic appears, the game's theme plays a bit. When Sonic is fighting Eggman for the final showdown, we get a full epic interpretation of the theme.

I would honestly have to say Sonic R.

No seriously, aside from 'Can you Feel the Sunshine?' most of the tracks in that game were either annoying, incredibly repetitive or simply forgettable.

I would honestly have to say Sonic R.

No seriously, aside from 'Can you Feel the Sunshine?' most of the tracks in that game were either annoying, incredibly repetitive or simply forgettable.

How can "Super Sonic Racing" be seen as forgettable?! The rest is pretty bland, but that theme is outstanding in its cheesiness!

Going back and listening to the "orchestrated" tracks (yes, I know it has violins and all that fun stuff, but no orchestra has an electric guitar), I think I'll have to change my stance. I don't hate the orchestral themes, but merely the incredibly dull, boring orchestral openings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbrxf9fpYcU, it's all the same to me. I just want some kickass music.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Well, if Chronicles if off limits then you got me stumped. I mean, even the worst Sonic games had some worthwhile music. But if pressed, I'd say whichever Sonic CD soundtrack you like the most, just to troll you.

With the obvious exception of Chronicles, I can't think of any Sonic soundtracks that I actually hate, though I do find the Sonic CD soundtrack (both of them) and Sonic Colours to be overrated... I have no doubt both are good, but neither just really did it for me. Maybe I just have terrible taste, but I prefer the obnoxious and cheesy tunes that Sonic is mostly known for. Funnily enough I really like the orchestral stuff in Unleashed, though - it surprised me that so many people dislike the Perfect Dark Gaia remix of Endless Possibilities, it's one of my favourite tracks from that game.

Of course, Chronicles is the undisputed king of the bad soundtracks though - I don't think anything else comes close. I have a hard enough time accepting Chronicles as being a "real" Sonic game - somehow the awkward story and continuity mashup, and overall feel of the game make it feel fan-made, and the dodgy sounds do not help... both the music and sound effects alike.

The amount of hate for orchestra and Black Knight's soundtrack makes me sad. I can agree some of Black Knight's songs were kinda on the generic side of things, but I'd say the good songs it had more than made up for it (Molten Mine, Misty Lake, With Me, Shrouded Forest, Deep Woods, Live Life, among others).

Never actually played Chronicles or listened to much of its soundtrack, but from what I heard, yeah that's pretty bad. As far as main games go, I'd probably go with Sonic 4 though. Just felt like it was trying too hard to sound retro, and as result wasn't very interesting or memorable. Though I am quite fond of Lost Labyrinth Act 1 and there's a couple of others I like. That's the thing about Sonic music. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 3