Awoo.

Worst Sonic Game Soundtrack?

Aleekun107

Oh look

I found an easy rival to Chronicles in terms of awful music :D Daren't I give it the label of music? I'm not sure it deserves it... blink.png

Anyways, I thought SatBK had some really great songs with some of them being boring and unexceptional. Camelot Castle seems really bland to me as does The Cauldron's theme. I really loved the cutscene music though, some of it was composed by Yutaka Minobe! He composed music for Skies of Arcadia! Nimue's theme is just beautiful and serene.

What is everyone's serious least favourite soundtrack? The likes of Chronicles or Jam Game.Com are cop-outs because it's not anyone particularly likes them either. It's like "What's the worst classic game?" "Oh easy, it's Labyrinth". Well duh. I'd love to hear some more proper answers.

I know I'm going to get stabbed for saying this, but I can't stand a majority of Rush's soundtrack. I find that game in general to be garbage though.

• Thumbs Up 2

For me, I can't stand most of Spinball's music. They all sound messy and annoying except Toxic Caves.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can I say that Sonic 1 GBA was my least favorite? If not that then....I'd have to say Shadow the hedgehog. Aside from like one or two songs I liked, I didn't find it's music all that memorable.

Can't really tell you which soundtrack I dislike. I don't like music from 8-bit games that's for sure. Shadow and Black Knight had some generic rock tracks but music from levels like Sky Troops, Westopolis, Shrouded Forest, Misty Lake or Great Megalith rescued these soundtracks. But the worst soundtrack was definitely Sonic 4 Ep1. Only track I enjoyed was Special Stage rest of the soundtrack was bleh.

I know I'm going to get stabbed for saying this, but I can't stand a majority of Rush's soundtrack. I find that game in general to be garbage though.

Know what? I agree. I think it's one of the most overrated Sonic soundtracks ever. I know the composer has done some great stuff (Jet Set Radio), but I don't think that style of music suits Sonic at all! Not to mention it's annoying, repetitive and has some of the strangest lyrics...

"Too black, too strong! Too black, too strong!" It sounds like he's describing coffee, not a villain!

Episode 2.

It just sounds so hokey and blah.

Sonic Blast, hands down. I find some of the music downright unsettling to listen to (like that water stage). The rest of the tracks are just bland and forgettable.

I don't really care for a lot of the songs in Triple Trouble, either. The only one I can even remember is Sunset Park Act 3.

Edited by Mega

Yeah, Triple Trouble has a shit to if plain unmeorable tracks, all of it's game gear predecessors (Sonic 1, 2, and Chaos) had more memorable tracks.

In terms of main games (And not spin-offs like triple trouble and chronicles), I'd say Sonic Colours. Compared to the other sound tracks in the main series, this one is pretty generic, bland, and not memorable at all. It has a few half-decent tracks, but not enough to save it from being the worst soundtrack in the main series.

Sonic Genesis GBA. Every single track (except Star Light Zone) was either half-hearted or just plain terrible. The instrumentation sucked, the pitches were all wrong and don't get me started on Spring Yard Zone's music...

SA1 in my opinion has one of the best soundtracks of all time but one track almost ruins the whole thing for me...

...I mean, how can a 100cm tall, anthropomorphic blue hedgehog with red sneakers standing on his hind legs remind you of Parsley? WTF?

I'm suprised, it took 4 pages before Sonic R was mentioned. Usually I see people call it an atrocious piece of shit.

Still my favorite soundtrack though.

Yeah, I don't get why people hate Sonic R's soundtrack. Sure, it doesn't suit a racing game, and some of the lyrics are a bit corny, but IMO the music and the singing made up for it.

BTW, I would take the original Super Sonic Racing over the Generations Cash Cash remix anyday of the week. Why? Because the singer in the original version doesn't need Autotune.

Colors is like....my favorite post genesis soundtrack, tied with Unleashed and SA1.....and Heroes.

As for soundtracks I don't care for, Sa2 for me definitely. A lot of the songs just run together for me, because most of the time it's constant guitar buttrock Sky Rail being the worst case.

It has a decent number of good trqcks, but as a whole, it doesn't do a whole lot for me.

• Thumbs Up 3

I liked what SA2 was going for in that each character had their own style, but it didn't work because Tails and Eggman basically had the same rock as Sonic, and Shadow had two rockish level tracks and two very techno based tracks. This only left Knuckles's rap, which was cool but got grating in the absurdly time wasting levels, and Rouge with her jazz.

Colours and SA1 work so well because there's so much overall variety. Even 06 has variety, even if it is a bit too serious at times (though personally I love a lot of 06's soundtrack).

Also this has to be heard to be believed :P

Edited by Semi-colon e

I liked what SA2 was going for in that each character had their own style, but it didn't work because Tails and Eggman basically had the same rock as Sonic, and Shadow had two rockish level tracks and two very techno based tracks. This only left Knuckles's rap, which was cool but got grating in the absurdly time wasting levels, and Rouge with her jazz.

I dunno, Sonic's rock was a LOT more fast-paced. Tails had a really distinct melody style (hard to describe) and Eggman had much more industrial/synthesised percussion. As for Shadow, his seperation from the others was how repetition was used. RHighway, WJungle, SRail and FChase, regardless of their instrumentation, are all fast-paced but repetitive songs.

Oh, anyway, in response to Blue Blood my non-cop-out answer would probably be Sonic 3D Blast. It's not bad by any means but I guess it's at a disadvantage because I LOVE the rich soundtrack of the Saturn/PC version so much in comparison.

I dunno, Sonic's rock was a LOT more fast-paced. Tails had a really distinct melody style (hard to describe) and Eggman had much more industrial/synthesised percussion. As for Shadow, his seperation from the others was how repetition was used. RHighway, WJungle, SRail and FChase, regardless of their instrumentation, are all fast-paced but repetitive songs.

Oh, anyway, in response to Blue Blood my non-cop-out answer would probably be Sonic 3D Blast. It's not bad by any means but I guess it's at a disadvantage because I LOVE the rich soundtrack of the Saturn/PC version so much in comparison.

Hey JezMM, long time no see, man. My worst Sonic Song soundtrack. Sonic R. I don't care how catchy the song are, I don't care that I can FEEL THE SUNSHINE, I think for a racing game, songs like that don't fit.

I don't really have a 'worst' Sonic game soundtrack, so I guess I'll just put the ones that I hardly ever listen to (minus Chronicles, of course)

One Sonic soundtrack that I don't really go back to would be Colors. I love most of the music there, but in comparison to how much I listen to other Sonic soundtracks, I don't listen to Colors's soundtrack that much. Don't get me wrong, the soundtrack is great, it's just that I don't listen to it much.

Another one would be Shadow. While I used to listen to ShTH's soundtrack a lot sometime back, nowadays, whenever I want to listen to a Sonic song, the only representation ShTH gets is either Sky Troops or Never Turn Back.

I also don't listen to Secret Rings's soundtrack. Some of the songs are catchy sure, but for some reason, I never really bothered to listen to Secret Rings's songs that much. Then again, I don't really like any version of Seven Rings in Hand...so that might explain something (?)

Oh, another one I'm not keen on is Sonic Battle. There's some great tracks in there for sure but argh, that electric guitar sampling is so awkward. The Game Boy Advance sound could do some fine things but that wasn't one of them.

Hey JezMM, long time no see, man.

Whoa dude, blast from the past or what. Good to see you're still around the ole' interwebs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic battle:...and I quote

EEERKKWERRWEERRKER EEEWAKAERRREEERKKRRRRR DUN DUN DUN DA DUN ERRRR WAKERRR KERR KERRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by Nicknyte
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Nicknyte

And that is why we got an awesome remix to make up for it : D

Hmm. I see. Might possible need more EEEWAKAERRREEERKKRRRRR.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wasn't to crazy about that remix/arrangment, it felt to simplistic for my tastes.