Awoo.

Speed Runs

Sami

Here's another hint:

At the beginning of the level, you notice the alternate route that you can get to by bouncing off of a Buzzbomber (the one with two Crabmeats preceding it)? To get there quickly, pay attention to the floor after the second bridge; there's a small checkered patch in the grass, followed by a small slope. Rev your spindash on that patch, and jump (holding down the button) at that tiny slope (it's almost instantaneous, so just press the jump button the second you let go of the spindash). You'll, with luck, bounce off the Buzzbomber and onto the top path. It takes a few tries to get down though.

I have an odd feeling Sonic Team put that shortcut there intentionally, that checkered patch is just a bit too convenient... >.>

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I think my best run of the demo is 50.93. Too much relying on luck though...

EDIT: Scratch that, just did it in 48.12. Yay!

Edited by Blue Blood

• 3 weeks later...

Cannot wait for the LEADERBOARDS!!!! I'm gonna speedrun the Modern Sonic levels mostly...since I've been doing it for Unleashed for about 2+ years now cool.gif

But as usual, some hacker with no life will post a time of 0"00"00...bloody hell. angry.gif

Edited by KrazyBean14

• 1 month later...

I just noticed in this video that you get a 1 life for every 100 rings, not like unleashed that only give a life in the first 100 rings.

I know slow right...tongue.png

I just noticed in this video that you get a 1 life for every 100 rings, not like unleashed that only give a life in the first 100 rings.

I know slow right...tongue.png

That's because there's not as many rings in Generations's stages...you'll be lucky to finish a level with 200 rings in hand.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't me but i wanted to post it cause it's really cool.

Take notes fellas this is a perfect example how the speedrun tournament will be and he doesn't break any of the rules we have in store for you.

This isn't me but i wanted to post it cause it's really cool.

Take notes fellas this is a perfect example how the speedrun tournament will be and he doesn't break any of the rules we have in store for you.

Damn! When I played it at SoS my fastest time was 2 minutes, well, when I get more practice I'll do way better!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep. No rules broken.

This actually proves that I wont even try to get Green Hill Record. Chemical Plant... I'M COMING :D!

Yep. No rules broken.

This actually proves that I wont even try to get Green Hill Record. Chemical Plant... I'M COMING biggrin.png!

I might test my luck with Rooftop Run...DAT MUSIC WILL KEEP ME PUMPED!!

I might test my luck with Rooftop Run...DAT MUSIC WILL KEEP ME PUMPED!!

Actually stage that I want to get record for is

Crisis City. Because I love it post-apocaliptic design or Speed Highway maybe

Or Seaside Hill.

Edit: Oh and City Escape!

Edited by HUNTER297

That was a very nice run but I bet I could do better. Bet there was a way to spam SDD in most of the straight paths that he didn't even try to do.

That was a nice run. Wonder if you are able to SDD at all in that truck part. When he bends down while boarding, does that make him faster?

Nope, just about every speedrunning trick is gone. SDD is completely unusable, and the drifting trick doesn't work.

As for the crouching, I'm not sure if it makes him faster. I was mostly crouching because hitting cars really kills your control and crounching makes your left and right movement more stable. Originally, I used the drifting trick for the boarding section since it keeps your boost up but then I discovered destroying cars also gives you boost. You really need energy cause the snowboard eats up your energy like theres no tomorrow. A full guage will only last around 3 seconds.

Also, since I didn't record it, if you attempt to speedrun Classic's stage, you can cause City Escape to glitch up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdUGCIxwkRc&feature=related

If you perform a spindash jump off the ramp at 1:07, normally you would fly over the loop and hit an invisible wall. HOWEVER, if you manage to go high enough, you can get over the wall and the game will fail to load the skateboarding section. The level will become invisible except for the background. First time it happened, one of the employies stop me and reset the game. I then proceeded to do it another 8 times. At that time they were like "screw it." I ending breaking the game so many times they kind of just gave up and let me break it however I felt. I even caused Classic Green Hill Zone to lose all its color. I'm freaking serious.

• Thumbs Up 5

The best time I could obtain during my time at the mall tour:

sspx0294.jpg

Hm, not bad considering the short time I had with it. Though I can see where I can improve to change that time. Guess I'll just have to wait for Generations to come out (or another demo) to have more time to test and practice. sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 1