Awoo.

Speed Runs

Sami

Ha...I'm going to do the more OPEN stages, which are Sky Sanctuary, Seaside Hill...Crisis City will be tough since all the best speedrunners want to play that stage.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Should note about a bug in modern GHZ. Shortly after the wallkick section, if you go through the boost ring when bouncing through the enemies, you'll be unable to air boost for the rest of the level. Ideally when you reach the fragile bridge, you want to hit the springs, air boost and drop through it, so try not to hit the boost ring, and use homing attack instead if you do.

Should note about a bug in modern GHZ. Shortly after the wallkick section, if you go through the boost ring when bouncing through the enemies, you'll be unable to air boost for the rest of the level. Ideally when you reach the fragile bridge, you want to hit the springs, air boost and drop through it, so try not to hit the boost ring, and use homing attack instead if you do.

Are you sure? It works just fine for me...

Not sure exactly what the circumstances are. I think it's if you're boosting throughout all of that section.

That probably explains it. I hit the boost about 3 times in between the jump walls and the boost ring. The initial boost is great for picking up speed after a hop or a short slide.

Men we have all been defeated YET AGAIN...by this man...

Edited by V0YANT

Wow!!! I just did 1:45:99 all happy and then this comes out. *_*

Challenge...............eeeeeeh >_> let me think about it.

Yeah, I saw that...he gave Sonic crack, that's why that speedrun was so damn fast. That's the ONLY EXPLANATION!

Edited by thatguyfrom03

DAT DRIFT is broke. It makes Unleashed's drift look like shit.

And we thought that we couldn't snake in this game...how wrong we were.

Also, when he's boosting away from the fish at :52, he switches stances to where his front is facing the screen rather than away. First of all, how do you even do that? Second, is that somehow relevant to his speed?

He crouches. But he crouched before he got to the fish so he wouldn't get locked. I don't know if that actually speeds you up or not. Can't really tell.

Keep it up and I'm sure you'll beat me! I really want to beat 1:42 before the game comes out though...

How the HELL do you skip those rails before you go in the cave!?

Its the only thing thats dragging me back :(

1:43.38 & I'll be in 1:42s IF I can skip them bloody rails :c