Awoo.

Speed Runs

Sami

My best time was 1:52:25. *sees some guys scores* Looks like I wont win that speedrun tournament

I wonder how fast DarkspineSonic will be.

37.21 seconds. This guy is not human.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Fuck this, I'm done speed running.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 9

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

But How the hell did he go so fast? It's like he breaks the game but at the same time he's not. :-O

Also i know i can't compare with those guys but i did 1:42:78. I just need to record it and prove it. :/

Edited by MoDeRn frokenok3

1252719994190.gif

I'm done.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 9

It's ALWAYS the Japanese who can do stuff like this O_____O

• Thumbs Up 1

But How the hell did he go so fast? It's like he breaks the game but at the same time he's not. :-O

Also i know i can't compare with those guys but i did 1:42:78. I just need to record it and prove it. :/

Nah. I would consider that stage raped and broken. That was stupid.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Japanese did it again...also Classic Sonic has no momentum my ass...also he broke the camera like the old games..

Nah. I would consider that stage raped and broken. That was stupid.

But he didn't even brake anything...he used the environment to push his momentum forward beyond the cap speed. That's how the classic were as well.

What was scary is that was a legit run dude.

Edited by V0YANT

The Japanese did it again...also Classic Sonic has no momentum my ass...also he broke the camera like the old games..

But he didn't even brake anything...he used the environment to push his momentum forward beyond the cap speed. That's how the classic were as well.

What was scary is that was a legit run dude.

I just learned that if you push the UP while jumping doing that you can go at that speed. I'm gonna try it.

Edited by MoDeRn frokenok3

SOOOOOO glad I'm not doing Classic speedruns. That right there would have made me quit.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't do that slide jump. I tried it a lot and i don't seem to succeed at jumping so far and fast. Anyways awesome run!

Why must people find ways to break a game that isn't even out yet? Sliding, Wall drifting (I'm calling it that for now on), Snake drifting from Unleashed and that dash, jump, stomp combo from unleashed. UGH.

Why must people find ways to break a game that isn't even out yet? Sliding, Wall drifting (I'm calling it that for now on), Snake drifting from Unleashed and that dash, jump, stomp combo from unleashed. UGH.

OFF TOPIC: Hey Eternal, I saw that you have Battlefield 3 now...can you sum up what you think about it in ONE word?

ON TOPIC: I can't wait to see how people completely break the more complex stages like Sky Sanctuary!

Edited by KrazyBean14

I don't see how Wall Drifting is braking a stage. The snake drift in Unleashed was broken...but here you take advantage of drifting on the walls to cut down time on the terrain that you don't have to travel.

Snake drifting is entirely intentional here as well...all the the glitches that massively boost Modern sonic forward were taken out...but cutting through snake rounds by giving you a better let and right turning radius should be entirely fair as you can do that in plenty of racing games.

Also I don't think sliding here isn't broken either its all momentum based.. here there is two ways to jump...slide jumping gives you a more precise jump moving forward rather than boost jumping that makes you kinda floaty in the air to is used to give you a bit more air time to land where you want too. I'm sure design wise most of it was intentional...slide jumping also allows you to take advantage of Sonic forward momentum better without the floaty Boost Jump. If you mess with slide in the Modern Stage you find out it in its self is very similar to Classic Sonic's rolling in Sonic 2.

Everything though that made Unleashed broken in a sense was indeed taken out though...I see nothing wrong with that run.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 1

OFF TOPIC: Hey Eternal, I saw that you have Battlefield 3 now...can you sum up what you think about it in ONE word?

ON TOPIC: I can't wait to see how people completely break the more complex stages like Sky Sanctuary!

I can Imagine it..."I shall now perform my amazing slide jump to cross this gap in under a second! *Sonic falls to death* Oh shit"

Another good example of what I'm talking about though is at 0:28 he didn't even stomp he used slides momentum and kept holding down the slide button while he jumped (like holding down in the Classics) to keep Sonic moving forward...he took advantage of the momentum to clear the gap better than using a boost jump.

That's pretty much how you did speed runs in the the old games...it might seem like he braking it, but he really isn't...all he doing is taking advantage of his environment.

Edited by V0YANT

Check your inbox.

On topic: That will be intersting but I don't think it will be that easy since there will be more platforming involved.

How do you guys clear that giant hill before the waterfall jump? I only end up falling down that pit and loosing my momentum and screwing up my run.

How do you guys clear that giant hill before the waterfall jump? I only end up falling down that pit and loosing my momentum and screwing up my run.

Edited by mclaren6

IMG_3478.jpg

ladies contain your orgasms

i know i'm the fastes thing alive, i get that, none of you are fast as me

• Thumbs Up 6