Awoo.

Speed Runs

Sami

EPIC TIME THAT NOONE CAN BEAT

Well, poop

I give up none of us can beat him, not even that amazing Japanese guy can handle Jackstraw, I give up.

Edited by 06 Inferno

My fastest time so far (1:43.70):

I know they're a few spots were I can take my time down but I don't think I'll be able to reach 1:40. dry.png

As soon as the hill slopes downward, Tap the X/A Button so you do a Non-Spin jump, Do not lift off the boost, here's my video if it helps.

Waterfall is at 0:36

A Hop? Seriously? That's all it took was a hop? Wow i never even knew it was in there, but it's certainly practical (I.E. Jumping over that boost ramp after the corkscrew :P). Now all i gotta do is figure out how that japanese guiy did all those momentum slide jump thingies and i'll be set.

But seriously mclaren, Thanks for that :) You've slashed my time down by another 4 seconds with that useful hintt (don't get me wrong i'm still a 1 55 and my bro's a 1:52 (i reckon he could manage a 1:47) but an improvement is an improvement nonetheless. I wanna get it into the 40's at least. then i'll be happy, i know i wont win that speedrun tourney but i don't care! I just wanna place in the top half :P

I just secured 8th place on the Classic Green Hill Leaderboards with a time of 00:45:38

IM SO PROUD! 8th in the world babeh! cool.png

I'm currently 1st for Modern Speed Highway, Crisis City and Seaside Hill on the leaderboards. I'm freaking 18 seconds ahead of 2nd for Crisis City.

I'm currently 1st for Modern Speed Highway, Crisis City and Seaside Hill on the leaderboards. I'm freaking 18 seconds ahead of 2nd for Crisis City.

The fuck? I wasted an average of 7 mins on this stage. Most hated stage in the game. Well until I change the music. Then it becomes passable again.

Yeah. I spent about 2 hours on perfecting the beginning part, and I got down to 5 minutes. Then a few fixes in the end brought me down to the low 4s. Sub 4, or even around 3:45 or lower is possible, considering I got 4:17 in a non-flawless run (I was hit by at least 4 enemies during this run.)

You don't like the music? Its probably one of my favorite in the game. Sounds so much like the original, which was one of the best tracks in Colours.

I feel like the properties of the boost need to be addressed. For instance, for a good run in Green Hill Act 2, you almost HAVE to nail a boost on the first railing that is "Full Power". It's kinda hard to say what I'm meaning, but has anyone else noticed that in some cases the boost will be locked in 2 different speeds?

I know im not crazy, this happened in Unleashed as well, i just cant explain it too well!

Edit: If theres no term in the fandom for it, I wanna call it the FPB (Full Power Boost) from now on :)

Edited by XenotropiXavier

The most difficult part is easily the first 2D construction section. The hazards are just obnoxious in that part. Surprisingly enough, the construction tower is the easiest part. The "Color Power" achievement shortcut really cuts your time down. You skip nearly half the tower.

At this time, there is only one level I just can't speedrun properly, Chemical Plant. I just hate the layout of this level and can't seem to do it right.

If anything Chemical Plant is a place where I did feel comfortable with the layout. I was gonna head there after I get a respectable Green Hill Act 2 time.

The most difficult part is easily the first 2D construction section. The hazards are just obnoxious in that part. Surprisingly enough, the construction tower is the easiest part. The "Color Power" achievement shortcut really cuts your time down. You skip nearly half the tower.

At this time, there is only one level I just can't speedrun properly, Chemical Plant. I just hate the layout of this level and can't seem to do it right.

Yeah, I know what you mean by that. When I was finally able to avoid (most) of the hazards in the first 2D construction area, my time was about 20 seconds better than what it had been. From there I was able to cut off over a minute from my original time.

Like I said, it took a lot of patience to get this time. I know it won't stand for quite long, but its nice to see one of my times sitting at the top for a bit.

I am now the crown champ of Chemical Plant Act1! 00:56:59!

360, Gamertag: Xavierrussell

Any of you guys got a faster (skill free) time? Or can I relax on this one for now wink.png

Edited by XenotropiXavier

On the leaderboards I've got second place in Modern Crisis City at 2:15:80, and my normal game run time is 2:11:43, but I think thats just cause no ones been playing that level since I screwed up both runs by a lot and the time difference between first and second is pretty big xD

Anyone here have a faster time?

Edited by mcsleepy

My Green Hill Act 1 is sad; being 0:51.15, rank #76. Dunno why I can't get faster than that... oh yeah, because for some reason I cannot learn that "ultra momentum" trick that gets you in the 0:30s. Green Hill Act 2 is 01:52.67, currently rank #171.

My Chemical Plant Act 2 is 02:29.08; in rank #106. Haven't tried Act 1 yet.

My Sky Sanctuary Act 1 speedrun (which took freaking two hours) is currently 02:14.39. Act 2 is 02:25.20. I'm somewhere in like #14 with SSZ Act 1, and like #16 with SSZ Act 2.

Speed Highway Act 1 I have 02:16.64. I am #26 with this. Haven't tried act 2 yet.

Will post more of this later when (if) I start to speedrun and/or leaderboard my other times.