Awoo.

Speed Runs

Sami

What's that? Someone beat me on Crisis City Act 2? Screw you, 1:57.98!

I'm reaching my limit here. I can only shave off about another second until I can do no better.

Edit: Back in September, I mentioned a glitch that I caused in Classic City Escape at PAX Prime.

If you perform a spindash jump off the ramp at 1:07, normally you would fly over the loop and hit an invisible wall. HOWEVER, if you manage to go high enough, you can get over the wall and the game will fail to load the skateboarding section. The level will become invisible except for the background. First time it happened, one of the employies stop me and reset the game. I then proceeded to do it another 8 times.

Well, I decided to go and try it again in the retail version. Sadly, it doesn't work. You can still perform the shortcut and jump over the loop, but it doesn't fail to load the next section of the level. It still loads properly.

Edited by supersaiyanmikito

What's that? Someone beat me on Crisis City Act 2? Screw you, 1:57.98!

I'm reaching my limit here. I can only shave off about another second until I can do no better.

Lol I think that was me smile.png

I got an incredibly low quality recording of it too.

EDIT: Bam. 1:55:05

Edited by mcsleepy

yes i hold the record on crisis city, 1:51:66 classic stage.

im number one in the ranking of the ps3 version.

PSN: JORDS12895

anyone did better?

i have a picture of my time but i dont know how to it here

Hmm, I guess people are hacking now? Before I seen someone get 1:33 on Modern Sky Sanctuary and now that I'm curently number 1 on it with 1:50:53, his just vanished.

Oh well, I'm happy =D (For now...)

Hmm, I guess people are hacking now? Before I seen someone get 1:33 on Modern Sky Sanctuary and now that I'm curently number 1 on it with 1:50:53, his just vanished.

Oh well, I'm happy =D (For now...)

which version?

The 360 version is where I seen it.

I saw some crazy times on the 360 version too. I'm not sure if all of them are hacking or just breaking the stages already. Dunno how it's possible in stages like Rooftop run or Planet wisp though.

Yea, at first I thought these people were super pro too, but now that I recall, the two highest rankings that I seen yesterday on Modern Chemical Plant and Sky Sanctuary were from the same guy and are now just gone (can't remember the gamer tag atm). Idk. I just hope this doesn't happen like it had in Sonic 4

My speed run through Crisis City, if you can call it a speed run.

PC Rank...

2011-11-05_000011.jpg

Edited by Silencer226

Played Modern Chemical Plant until I got 1:39.89 seconds down on an imperfect run. Then I realized time trials are a separate mode in the menu.

Shit.

Edited by Tiller

Played Modern Chemical Plant until I got 1:39.89 seconds down on an imperfect run. Then I realized time trials are a separate mode in the menu.

Shit.

Oh yeah, that caught me by surprise as well, on Crisis City. I was like "yes, I shaved off damn near 1.5 minutes off my time what's my rank... *doesn't see name* FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!

Man some guy beat my time on Crisis City Act 2, well at least I'm still in seco-2011-11-05_000011.jpg

...Third D: Does anyone know what the best times are on the ps3 version?

Also I'm catchin' up to you guys on Planet Wisp. I've got 4th place last I checked but i havent broken the 4 minute barrier yet. I'll have incredibly low quality videos up in a bit. \o/

Shit.

Yea that confused me too. I thought what'd happen is that you'd upload your times, but I guess they want the leader boards to be an even playing field.

Edited by mcsleepy

Does that mean that the menu mode won't have skills enabled? My whole opening of Chemical Plant depends on abusing Blast off to fly farther than you should.

Yea you don't have access to your skills on the time trial mode. Didn't Sonic 4 have two different leaderboards? One for normal Sonic and one for Super. They should have done something like that, one skill enabled board and one non-skill board.

Managed to shave off another 11 seconds off Crisis City... down to 2:15 now guys... This level is now... my bitch. Unfortunately it wasn't ranked but I'm sure I could still easily get it, I don't use skill sets.

Edited by Silencer226

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UkfIlFgaSI

Really enjoying speedrunning the Modern Levels.

Maybe a little bit too much. Just listen till the end of the Video. I was getting too excited. HAHAHA =P

Speed Highway Modern: 1:53:33

The Crisis City Modern Run is already outdated. My current record is 1:58:28

Edited by TheBlueHedgehogAUT

AUT I'm officially jealous of your video quality. I can see everything well even though it's not a direct feed. ohmy.png

I've got videos of planet wisp and a new run on crisis city up.

Planet Wisp Act 2 (4:08:28) This ones been beaten to death already, but I but I still like this run.

Crisis City Act 2 (1:55:05) Really just a slightly better run. Air boost + stomp does wonders.

Also, heres a run of Speed Highway done by a guy I think you all know. He uses a route at the beginning I've never seen before.

http://www.yout.ube.com/watch?v=22FPfNabQYY

You're gonna have to take the period out of the url. to make the link work

Edited by mcsleepy