Awoo.

Speed Runs and Scores

Sami

There are the reasons I have my last name in my username, yup from 2012 Guinness Gamer's Edition

HOLY SHIT!

We have a pro in the house!

There are the reasons I have my last name in my username, yup from 2012 Guinness Gamer's Edition

Incredible.

Thanks guys. To clear some questions about my runs: I was forbidden to use wall glitches and for points runs, to make it more balanced, I was limited to five lives because of the "get points, extra life, die, repeat" cycle makes it unfair because maxing out points would be too easy. Also, I had to submit the footage by tape/DVD etc to confirm that I wasn't using cheat devices. Also, I was forbidden to use the Spin Dash Alarm trick in Sonic 3's Launch Base, afterall its like a points generator in a way.

A god among men

How kind of you, after all, the way I see it, a god is just a ranking, took lots of searching areas and maybe finding a way to skip Super Mecha Sonic's killer rings sequence to earn that rank. Not to mention that I had made my childhood dream of being the fastest, which was triggered by early encounters with the Genesis games to come true. I did not need to be faster than a plane, I needed my early childhood idols.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason this topic died when the tournaments started. Hell even the speedrun topic in the Generations area died.

Hey, I got a cunning plan. I know my time and score are the best overall, but I am by no means the fastest or the best with points in level by level runs; so I ask all of you to do some major point pressing in any stage or time trials and we can make friendly competition from it in the retro trilogy.

To make the point pressing more fair and competitive; five lives per points run?

And each act is a level.

I don't have any records for Sonic 2 (yet), but lets just have fun anyway.

http://twingalaxies.com/php/player/ShowScore.php?t1=438288&t2=328755445920&t3=280687579170&t4=412965856014&t5=546511004322&d=3 This is my time for Sonic 1, but remember; the time in the "Sonic Got Through Act _" screen counted towards it.

Since I recently got a HD PVR, I'll occasionally record some unleashed speed runs.

Man I love this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since I recently got a HD PVR, I'll occasionally record some unleashed speed runs.

Man I love this game.

Excellent run. Everytime I look at Unleashed, I remember how fucking broken the snake drift was. But it made for some amazing fun times.

Dear lord, this is amazing.

What the hell did I just watch? That is seriously mind blowing right there.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my speedrun of Star Light Zone Act 2 from Sonic The Hedgehog (Genesis)

I don't think I can get it faster than this, This was a close to perfect run of the stage.

Apologies for the video quality, I need some better software than Hypercam 2.

I'd rather post some actual footage as it proves I've actually achieved this. I'm not making any accusations but simply uploading an Image (Especially for the genesis games which are pixel art) Doesn't prove fully you actually did do the speedrun. It's quite possible to use paint or photoshop to edit the time. I only say this because Iv'e seen it happen countless times before other places.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, my best time in Security Hall is 1:09. Only reason why I got such a time is because I like destroying the spike car directly in front of you when you begin the stage (an Emerald happened to be in it), and the other two Emeralds were basically in close proximity to each other. Wasn't even doing a speed run or anything, it just happened.

Edited by ChaosRay

I have a glitchless speedrun of Sonic 3 (Sonic, no emeralds), but I know many people want glitch runs, I REFUSE to do glitch runs, should I upload it despite that my laptop will be recording my TV?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soon as i get the PVR (few weeks) These unleashed speed run videos are going down, my best Time on Generations Green hill cass was around 0:37 i'd have to check that since i set that score last year (November sometime)

I was ranked 128 for Speed Highway modern on the PS3

and now I've lost the title! grr. I was doing so good.

If it wasn't for classes I have to attend I'd be practising like mad!

[media=]

Good lord that must have taken forever.

Some people take that long (or longer) to record a run of just one stage.

EDiT: Just made this today.

Edited by Boostitude
  • Thumbs Up 1