Awoo.

New Game Ideas?

Cola

Note: I am using my 3DS, so expect mistakes. It's not like I can type a sentence without making one anyway! :P

Alright, so I've wanted to make a thread like this for a while. Most of you obviously like the direction SEGA is taking Sonic in, but if you could propose a game, what would it be? How would it play? Who would you market it to? What platform? Collection? Remake? Spinoff? Just let out your ideas and discuss them here!

I would want a Sonic Adventure Collection, preferably for the 3DS, seeing as it is portable. Sonic Adventure, Adventure 2, and maybe Heroes, all remade in 3D, with updated models and animatons. Sure it's nice to have 2 great games in your pocket, but I'd want all these quirky little side features. First off, a gallery. every collection seems to need one. Here, you could look at concept art and play small minigames, to earn rings, which could be used to unlock character skins and menu themes, as well as other things like Chao toys or new artwork. Next, we have character skins. How would ____ look in ____? Here's your answer! They would include The original game models, alternate costumes, lost characters (Mighty, anyone?), and, of course, Classic Sonic (cutscene animations may have to be slightly retooled, just a nice little extra). And my final point today is the triumphant return of the Chao garden. Yeah, same thing, only stats are more balanced (displayed on bottom screen, too), there are more chao, etc.

Note to Mods: If there is a similar thread, please lock this one. If it needs to be moved, then go ahead and move it. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to see more surreal Earth environments like the old days. Not that I have problems with inspiration from realism, certainly. Unleashed really did a lot with it though so I think it's time for some non-alien surrealistic locations. Of course I want Tails and Knuckles playable with alternate routes. =P I wish they'd make use of more existing characters and their conflicts rather than continuously introducing new ones (or not bothering with any at all, except Tails). Make Robotnik more of a threat and include Metal Sonic as his dangerous but loyal minion more regularly. I think Blaze has untapped potential, however that does not mean I want a game to be over saturated with characters. Develop one or a few at a time, but don't shift the focus from Sonic's gameplay. A story can add to the flow of the game without intruding. As well as these elements I'd like some more of Classic Sonic's controls implemented in the 2D sections of Modern Sonic's gameplay...whether this would work well or not, I haven't given much thought on.

That's all for now. =P

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd like to see a game with a massive playable cast. Mostly optional, all with the same basic gameplay. Just throw in everyone who's still relevant to the series.

Have the werehog come back, but with Sonic-styled gameplay. He'd do all the running and rolling that a Sonic character should, but he'd still have his stretchy arms and such for his unique skills.

The supposed leak/reveal of a third Storybook game has got me vaguely hoping for one without being on-rails. Keep all the story stuff on the same course, since that was good, but make the gameplay not shitty, and either come up with a good gimmick or don't have one.

• Thumbs Up 3

You've probably heard this many times before from other people, but I would like to see a NSMBW-esque co-op game. At least only the main four as the only playable characters.

Seriously, the only thing I can think of that I'd absolutely adore right now... the only videogame that truly needs to be made at the moment... the only really unique idea that doesn't really impact the ongoing canon series of Sonic adventures?

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Fighters.

• Thumbs Up 8

Sonic Adventure 2 for PC.

SA was ported, why not SA2?

Edited by TwoTailedFox

Sonic Adventure: The second coming.

Remake both Adventure games with the Hedgehog Engine, gameplay similar what we have now, and redubbed with the new cast, and then I can die a happy man.

• Thumbs Up 9

Remake both Adventure games with the Hedgehog Engine, gameplay similar what we have now, and redubbed with the new cast, and then I can die a happy man.

I agree. Do it once, and then permanently end that series then and there. We need a new title for Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree. Do it once, and then permanently end that series then and there. We need a new title for Sonic games.

Wouldn't Sonic Adventure 3 technically be a NEW title though?

• 2 weeks later...

Take Classic Sonic Generations style, tweak it to be smoother and add 3D sections. Not regular 3D sections, but the kind seen in

- 2D sections, 3D sections that are still sidescrolling resembling the old games, and the odd area thats more open, with either a top down view or a locked camera that stays on one side of the character.

Do the same with Sonic; a mix of 2D and 3D, but resembling the best qualities of the 3D games whilst simultaneous being chock full of nods and things resembling the old games. From there, they should just work to make a game that spiritually one-ups Sonic 3 And Knuckles. I'm talking 14+ of these 2D/3D levels with two acts each; minibosses, main bosses, 3+ types of checkpoint Bonus Stage, 3D Special Stages from secret rings, multiple playable characters and badass music. Slower than Unleashed, obviously. More like, Classic Sonic Generations for the 2D sections, and Sonic Adventure for the 3D sections, but all heavily influenced by the gameplay tropes of the Genesis games right down to bringing back Signposts, small animals, and Egg Prisons.

It's not the most creative idea in the world, but it'd be a good exercise in seeing what Sonic Team is capable of. A standard Sonic game in every sense, with acts, bosses, Sonic popping out of a big ring at the title screen, monitors et al, but with some 3D sections designed to sort of semi-replicate the old-school Sonic experience in 3D.

I'd rather a collection have A1, A2, and Shuffle (minus card reading AI).

That said, I'd rather see a new game that gets a solid core 3D gameplay that doesn't rely on 2D to have any amount of actual gameplay depth (Parts of Unleashed, half of Colors, most of Generations).

• Thumbs Up 1

I would like a portable advance collection.

This, this, this, infinity times this

Also I'd love for it to also include Battle and Pinball party

With added features such as playable Cream in advance 1, easier to unlock Amy in advance 2, new 3D effects (I would like updated models as well), remastered tracks. Maybe even playable Emerl/Gemerl in the advance games (maybe even shadow and rouge too)

As well as a sneak peak to the next Sonic game

Also I would enjoy a new fighting game, whether it be sega in general or just the sonic cast

Edited by Cero

Anyone else sort of disappointed that most of these "new game ideas" are ports, remakes, and sequels? And yes I'm aware most of what I posted before falls into those same categories.

How about a game where you can control gravity? Make it a 2D game with Genesis-like physics, give the player the ability to increase or decrease the force of gravity at will (probably just switching between light, normal, and heavy), maybe let them change the direction as well, or maybe just have a lot of gravity-switching level gimmicks.

Or something teamwork-based, kind of like Advance 3, except only Sonic as the main character and everyone else as partners. That lets them focus more on refining the main mechanics rather than having to make 5 (or more) entire characters work, and also add more characters as partners than they could if they were all fully playable. Also the actions should be just about instant; no charge-up like in Advance 3, no waiting/hoping for your teammates to get into place like in Heroes.

Re: The Adventure remakes: What would remain of the original though? The story and level names? It seems like that replaces everything else.

Edited by Phos

I had shared this with GameFAQs, looks like someone decided to share it here too... against what I said there...

Anyway, just to go with that SA3DS theme:

Controls:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Circle Pad: Default movement controls. (Medium/Fast acceleration, highest top speed)

A to jump.

A in the air for instashield or active shield’s attack. (Bubble = Bounce; Lightning = Spark jump; Fire Shield = Fireball air dash)

B on the ground for a 3 spin/slide attack.

B in the air to homing attack.

Y on the ground to slide (holding the slide for too long will slow you down but has a longer window of opportunity the faster you are going)

Y in the air to stomp.

X and hold on the ground to autocharge a spindash; X while running to spin (unlike the slide it is highly affected by slope)

X in the air to air dash.

D-Pad to crouch/ look up. Tap the A button while holding down to charge up a spindash; while holding up to charge the peel-out.

L, R, and touchscreen do nothing in 2D areas and move the camera in 3D sections (unless cinematic, see below)

In cinematic sections, the L and R buttons are used to quick-step.

L, R, and D-Pad for tricks after hitting a blue spring/yellow ramp/rainbow loop.

Miles "Tails" Prower

Circle Pad: Default movement controls. (Medium acceleration, about as fast as Sonic)

A to jump, keep tapping to fly.

B on the ground for a tail whip attack.

Y on the ground to slide.

X and hold on the ground to autocharge a spindash; tap to roll up.

B, Y, and X in the air do nothing. (Made it to limit his near overpowered-ness since he does have a similar ground/speed move pool as Sonic and hasn't had an air cancel)

D-Pad to crouch/ look up. Tap the A button while crouching to charge up a spindash.

L, R, and touchscreen do nothing in 2D areas and move the camera in 3D sections (unless cinematic, see below)

L, R, and D-Pad for tricks after hitting a blue spring/yellow ramp/rainbow loop.

Knuckles the Echidna

Circle Pad: Default movement controls. (Medium/Fast acceleration, Medium speed tier)

A to jump.

A and hold in the air to glide, release to drop.

B on the ground for a 3 punch combo.

B after a jump for a quick forward punch.

Y in the air to drill dive.

X and hold on the ground to autocharge a spindash; tap to roll up.

X in the air does nothing.

D-Pad to crouch/ look up. Tap the A button while crouching to charge up a spindash.

If he hits a wall/surface while gliding, he can then climb on it or just jump off depending on the path you want to take; dropping from gliding causes a slightly noticeable drop in speed, but not dropping out of the glide will cause him to slide to a halt as usual.

Amy Rose

Circle Pad: Default movement controls. (Slow acceleration, low/medium top speed)

A to jump.

A in the air for hammer spin (this is a bit more dangerous, but gives a speed bonus and better bounce height than the normal spin)

B on the ground for a hammer attack. While running she can get a spring-like hammer jump.

B in the air for normal spin (this can be seen as the safer way of jumping but looses the bonuses from landing a hammer hit)

Y in the air to hammer whirl down.

X and hold on the ground to autocharge a sprint; X and hold while running to roll. (Unlike the guys, Amy's roll doesn't have to be jumped out of but is more affected by slope in return)

X in the air does nothing.

D-Pad to crouch/ look up. Tap the A button while looking up to charge up a sprint.

Hitting a spring with her hammer gives her a better launch than other characters.

Rouge the Bat

Circle Pad: Default movement controls. (Slow acceleration on the ground / low/medium top speed, accelerates easier when gliding, near Sonic speed at maximum glide)

A to jump, keep tapping to fly. (Higher stamina than Tails but cannot break robots directly overhead; entering into flight does kill a large bit of her momentum to prevent glide spamming)

B on the ground for a 2 kick attack combo.

B while after a jump or in flight to use the flip kick. (Think Amy's hammer spin)

X while in the air to glide, she can break enemies like this as well.

A while in a glide to slow down and return to normal flying

B to cancel the glide and keep forward momentum going to land (can start back up gliding or flying if she has stamina left for it, but speed will drop rapidly for flight transition)

Y while in the air to use screw kick and rapidly plummet down destroying anything, including breakable floors for other paths.

Y and X on the ground to perform a power slide.

D-Pad to crouch / look up.

If she hits a wall/surface while gliding, she can then climb on it or just jump off depending on the path you want to take.

She loses less speed in the air to ground transition than Knuckles does, due to her lower max speed and lack of any stationary ways to instantly accelerate (whereas even Amy has the hop or standing dash charge).

Blaze the Cat

Circle Pad: Default movement controls. (Medium acceleration, tied with Tails for 2nd fastest)

A to jump.

A in the air does nothing unless doing tricks.

B on the ground for an attack. B and hold at speed to firespin (acts like a roll but without the ability to go under objects)

B in the air to attack with a quick forward fire claw jab.

Y in the air to hover. (Vulnerable, but keeps momentum)

X on the ground to boost (Unlike other characters, Blaze has a boost gauge, but it can only be filled by performing tricks, but each trick is only good for one notch unlike the Rush games where 5 or 6 could max out the gauge)

X in the air to air boost. (Sonic Colors DS)

D-Pad to crouch/ look up. Tap the A button while looking up to charge up a dash.

L, R, and D-Pad for tricks after hitting a spring/ ramp/ loop and on rails; but requires landing the trick (A in the air) to get the boost bonus and can only be done once per object.

Had to differentiate her from Sonic while making her balanced; by removing the special jumps limitation from her tricks but then limiting how much each trick fills her gauge, I feel that it would be a skilled feat to maintain the boost and definitely require knowing how long each trick takes and making sure to land them (the A button finishes the performance just like in the Rush games).

Plot:

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, and Blaze at character select screen.

All share the same levels and anyone can 100% the game (albeit some will have a tougher time).

Stages transition from 2D to 3D and once completed can be switched up with two bonus options for full 2D and full 3D (which would force ST to actually have smart level design, ^^)

Storyline is fairly basic, both Eggmen have tried to fuse the dimensions again. Final boss can go with the traditional Super Sonic or give us hope and be an intricate, well thought out multi-tiered mecha that any character can fight. End fuses the dimensions against what anyone can do, and no longer have to go out of the way to write Blaze or Marine into plotlines from now on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Orbot and Cubot Spinoff

Not sure why, but I love these guys for some reason and I'd love to see SEGA take a risk and create a unique spin off series starring them. I think they'd work fantastically in a comedic puzzle/platformer.

I don't exactly have any concrete ideas of what such a game could look like, but I'd probably give Orbot a sort of Morphball mode, and maybe one of Cubot's abilities could be similar to the Blue Wisp's smashing power. Also, I think it would be interesting to shake-up the natural order of things with this game; whereas usually you play as Sonic trying to animals from badniks, here you try to capture them. The end product could end up being a sort of fusion of Sonic, Ratchet&Clank, and Ape Escape.

• 1 month later...

A chaotix Spinoff

A game about knuckles (don't know if I'll actually get to this or not)

A game about Omega (I freaking love Omega. And I think I have a pretty good plot for this.)

But here's my little dream idea: Sonic Revolution. I'll try and get busy on this as soon as I can.

My "dream project" game is called sonic ultimate adventure. The idea was to create a spiritual sequel to the adventures games, but still acknowledging all other games before it, that way it would not be a direct sequel like sa3, because games like unleashed, colors and generations would had still occur. Meaning that this game would not happen before heroes.(and also because I see 06 like sa3, but thats a another thing)

Its supposed in gameplay to be a mix of unleashed and adventure with some small modifications.

It would be a little roulette, but all characters would have one thing in common a speedy gameplay.

The characters would be sonic, shadow, tails, knuckles, amy, espio, and omega.

The main villain would be eggman, he would invade the most important city on the planet with a huge fleet(kinda like heroes), and the ships would have the ability to use chaos control so eggman could appear on the cities fast and with no warning. In the end eggman would retreat to his main base where he build a Giant mechanical bird using the artificial chaos technology, being the name of the machine Egg Chaos Phoenix. And super sonic and super shadow would fight it above the ocean after the phoenix as it closes in on central city(which is suppose to be eggman's fisrt destruction point continuing after with the rest of the country)

I've been thinking too much on this.unsure.png

• Thumbs Up 1