Awoo.

Spiral Knights

Blue Wisp

Spiral-knights-logo.jpg

For those wondering what Spiral Knights is:

Spiral Knights is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Three Rings Design and published by Sega. The free to play Java game was originally released on November 12, 2009, and was released publicly on April 4, 2011. The game was released as a free to play game on Steam, as of June 14, 2011.

Spiral Knights' gameplay has been likened to The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, an action-adventure style real-time combat game. Players play as a Spiral Knight, equipped with guns, bombs, armor and swords of various star ratings, on a foreign planet fighting to survive. The central hub of the world is called Haven where players can socialize freely. From Haven players enter Clockworks, which are similar to dungeons in most MMORPG's, and fight through a number of circulated levels, usually with the aid of one to three other players. Players can form teams ahead of time, or be randomly paired with a party. The Clockworks are arranged in tiers of increasing difficulty from 1 to 3, and accessing the higher tiers requires the player to possess higher quality equipment.

Dude, gimme your Steam. :V

I'm trying to add you as Doug Dimmadome, but I'm having no luck whatsoever. :lol:

EDIT:

Here's mah Knight.

2dtvsxc.png

Edited by Tatsumaki

Hmmmm,

I might give this one a shot. I enjoyed playing Four Sword Adventures with my sis way back when. And this gives me an excuse to finally get a Stream account.

If all goes well, I'll post my account name here later.

-DF

Hell yeah. I was hoping someone would make a thread about this, because I was too lazy to make one myself. Anyways, I've been playing this game for a couple days already. It's actually alot of fun and it is definitely like Four Swords. Here's what my knight looks like:

krazyschknight.png

I'm almost a Tier 2 knight. I already have all the weapons and armor I need to get there. I just need to go back to Depth 8 of one of the Clockswork towers and talk to the guy who's there and I'll be able to go even deeper. The only thing I don't like about this game is the whole energy thing. I usually like to play games like that in a long stretch of time, especially when I have nothing else to do. It's a pain to have to wait a whole day before you want to play something again. It's like all those damn Facebook games. Not that I..play those..

Anyways, my Steam name is champ626 and I already added Doug Dimmadome and The Hyperbole

How the heck did you make that image :o

I'm so trying to create a better image of my knight. It's like a son to me.

How the heck did you make that image :o

I'm so trying to create a better image of my knight. It's like a son to me.

If you meant the actual picture itself, it's just from the character select screen XD If you're talking about the armor..well, I forgot what it was called "Wolver Coat" and "Wolver Helm" or something like that.

There's a character select screen :U?

Right after you sign in. It lets you pick out of three character slots.

picard.gif

I just learned you can have three characters. Thanks for clarifying.

God I feel so n00b.

Well it's downloading, safe to say from the vids I'll enjoy it.

Wikied the game, not too happy with the current armor set aesthetics, but the Nightblade sword path has me intrigued seeing I'm sucker for iaido(or at least implied iaido).

My Stream is DriftingFable.

Hope to see you in game.

-DF

Its an ok game, never really play it that much. Heck, I still haven't gotten the TF2 hat yet.

Energy system. Why? Why are F2P MMOs trying to limit how we play their games?

I could forgive Vindictus for it's crazy fun gameplay, but Spiral Knights currently doesn't have nearly enough for me to forgo that.

I'll continue to play, but I have a really bad taste in my mouth right now.

-DF

Sheesh, that's nothing grave.

It's just a failsafe so you can't beat the game in one day. Where's the fun of that?

Maybe it isn't to you, but I find the energy system to be pretty gave. It's almost enough reason for me to stop playing,

You're given 100 mist energies, each dungeon cost 10. The dungeons are quite short considering I ran out within two hours worth of gameplay. And once I'm all out I'm left between the choices of waiting for a whole day, paying practically all the money I've made to by a 100 more energies, or paying real money. And that's not the worst part of this system. Crafting, rezzing, powering up robotic allies, exploring new areas. All of that costs energy as well. I can't even do the cool stuff in this game without the thought of getting closer to my last run even quicker crossing my mind.

I consider myself an optimist when it comes to viewing games and I'm pretty forgiving to their faults. But honestly, where's the fun in this?

-DF

Edited by DriftingFable

I might not be that bothered because I have a friend who usually pays for stuff in game's out of his own choice and bought energy for $5 that's supplied us well, but understand the bother of the system as well.

I like the game a lot besides that system, however.

I'd rather not have a spiral up in my ass, thanks...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 3

I'd rather not have a spiral up in my ass, thanks...

Cut it out. Don't post snide replies that aren't relevant to the discussion if this is really all you're going to say.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I quite like this game... I am more of a hack-n-slash person and I am terrible at first person shooters- I simply cannot get the hang of Team Fortress 2 or League of Legends. It's pretty fun when you have nothing else to do, and it reminds me of the Tales gameplay for some odd reason.

The 100 energy limit thing is fine for me since I can't really play extended hours on the computer due to school / family likes to use the desktop because they're too damn lazy to use the 4 other non-gaming laptops.

Steam Name is: Nazoshadow

=D

I love this game. I've been playing since the first month, if I am correct. And then, I was so excited when they added the auction house. it was so awesome!

I'll edit the post later as I am too lazy to put down my Steam name and knight ATM.

The game is pretty fun. I don't even mind spending energy on the cool stuff. I just want the elevator system to be tweaked so it doesn't cost so much. Why should a 4p-party pay 40 energy to get and elevator working when a soloer only pays 10? I think more people would be inclined to party play if the party leader just paid 10 or the entire group collectively payed the 10 fee.

Oh yeah, more this game need big swords in my opinion. I was saddened that the heavy hatchet was practically useless after reaching tier 2 swords. Oh well.

Well here's my knight, finally hit tier 2.

Fabledblade.png

-DF

Edited by DriftingFable

• 5 months later...

(Hopefully it's not too bad that I'm posting in this old topic)

Anyways, Steam put up an achievement for this game today to hit someone with a snowball in Lockdown, pretty easy achievement for a present. Unfortunately, all I got was a lump of coal.

However, this leads me to say how unbelievably fun Lockdown and Blast Network are, and the fact that they don't cost energy and only 200 crowns to play is incredible, I love it!

I got the Spiral Sallet from Saxton Hale for TF2, but I have yet to find this "Lockdown". Is it in the town?

The Spiral Sallet is pretty cool, imo. No, it's not in the town. When you're in the game, you should see an icon on the top right of the screen that has two purple swords crossing each other. You click on that and then choose to join Lockdown with a random team or with your guild, and it'll assign you to a game.