Awoo.

Spiral Knights

Blue Wisp

Christmas Gift Give-Away made me play it again today. Got the achievement and boy was that Capture-the-Base gameplay fun! I also saw that REALLY cheap Explorer's Pack so I bought it. Free costume + Elevator Pass + 1000 Energy + Silver Key.

I was really hoping to get that Explorer's Pack, because it looks like an amazing deal! Unfortunately, I don't have any money in my Steam account, and with all the holiday sales that have been around recently, I think I've been kind of getting on my parents nerves by asking for money to buy games, so I don't really think I'd be able to get it.

Edited by kringlestitch

• 4 weeks later...

B-B-B-BUMP!

So now that Sonic CD is out on Steam, buying it gives you a Metal Sonic suit, as well as a Tails' tails prop for Spiral Knights.

Page_banner_sonic.png

Page_banner_tails.png

It's a shame we didn't get some TF2 items, instead.

Just got into playing the game, and still didn't reach 2nd tier..The only way I can get some decent equipment is if I had to add to my balance (yet I don't own a credit card..Quite swell). But I do seem to be doing pretty well with the clockworks, bid on some fancy armor, and a new shield. But good god, to use almost just about..Anything!? You need to pay either a cash-load of energy (which I don't have D: ) or a giant amount of crowns..Next thing, you know it will require 10 Energy to pick a crystal.

Edited by Alex2beta

Don't worry Alex, once you reach 2nd tier, you can pretty much buy 100 energy after each trek through the Clockworks. The high energy costs in crafting may seem like a lot at first, but after you get Tier 2, it should be much easier.

Also looks like you can get the costumes by buying some of the Energy Packs. Still, buying Sonic CD is a bit cheaper than that.

I started like 2 days ago and I like it, plays like an old school game and has music seemingly inspired by Sonic. What I hate tho is how it lags on my PC and how you need energy to do just about anything. We should have freedom to do whatever we want, when we want.

Been playing some games of Spiral Knights lately with Chibinuva, Rawrdom, and Blue Wisp. It's been fun, getting crowns and whatnot.

The SSMB should have a guild.

Also Neon is wrong. You only get the Tails tails by buying Energy. Metal Sonic is Sonic CD or Energy.

Well, I asked *cougcoughmomdadcoughcough* If they would be kind enough to add a bit of money into my steam account, so I can get myself "Crystal Energy" and finally progress.

Got an elevator pass, and the Tails Tails, and now I am Tier 2 after all the hard work:

sfkWy.png

I also have a Calibur, and two Calibur enhancement recipes I'm working up to.

Oh, and I installed those tails to the back of my characters wolver coat, cause fur.

Edited by Alex2beta

Only discovered this game was free to play this week.

And I'm really surprised how much I'm liking this game.

If someone creates a SSMB guild, count me in.

Hell yeh an SSMB guild would be sick and everyone in it hopefully wouldnt be greedy and hog all the points. Does anyone know any way I can make it run smoothly on my PC without getting a new graphics card? I can work with the lag now that its the beginning of the game and easy but later on its definitely gonna be unacceptable.

• 2 weeks later...

2jsjk.jpg

Finally reached tier 2 yesterday and inching my way into tier 3. The new dragon wing packs are good for either using the wings or selling them for more crystal energy. Tails' tails, don't know what to do with them. I'm thinking about equipping it onto the Metal Sonic costume but I'm gonna keep it aside in case a better, fitting costume for it comes around.

Anyways, I'd gladly make a SSMB guild once I buy more energy or if someone else wants to do it I'll pass the energy required to create one.

I have some energy, I'll set it up. It's up: Sonic Stadium. My knight's name is Colaris.

Would anyone be willing to pass me a set of spare dragon wings?

Edited by Heart
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll be getting a Dragon pack soon, do you want any dragon wing or looking for specific ones?

Edit: Unless it's volcanic or prismatic.

Edited by Kaleidoscorch

I have some energy, I'll set it up. It's up: Sonic Stadium. My knight's name is Colaris.

Would anyone be willing to pass me a set of spare dragon wings?

Awesome. I'll definitely be more than happy to join this. I'll see if there's any way I can try to look for it myself, but..if there's a way that you might be able to invite me, then my name is the same as here, "krazystitch"

I'll be getting a Dragon pack soon, do you want any dragon wing or looking for specific ones?

Edit: Unless it's volcanic or prismatic.

Nothing in particular, honestly. I'd just be thankful if I got a pair.

Awesome. I'll definitely be more than happy to join this. I'll see if there's any way I can try to look for it myself, but..if there's a way that you might be able to invite me, then my name is the same as here, "krazystitch"

I'm the Guild Master. I'll toss you a friend request.

• 2 weeks later...

Could I possibly have an invite to the Guild in Spiral Knights ?

My Knight name is Remzie.

Please & thank you !

• 1 month later...

Old-ish news but for the sake of the topic:

I present to you, Operation Crimson Hammer!

xkyxpt.jpg

Filling a gap of the story, Operation Crimson Hammer introduces you to a group of gremlins within the Crimson Order who share audience with King Tinkinzar, king of the gremlins. Here you face one of the nine members within the Crimson Order, Warmaster Seerus, the mastermind behind the Roarmulus Twins (Tier 2 bosses). Upon buying the expansion mission, you are given the choice to play said mission as Tier 1, 2 or 3, each Tier rewarding the player with different, destructive weapons inspired by Seerus' creations.

I can't go into much detail as it'd spoil the fun of it, the mission is frustrating to its newcomers but once you get the hang of it, it's a walk in the gremlin park. A party is recommended for Tier 3 and honestly I am scared to solo it being a 5* knight. The only problem with this mission is that it's something you have to pay for within a Free-to-Play game, which has bothered many players to the point countless no longer play the game for this reason. Is it worth paying for? Sure, I don't get why it caused such a mess, It's a lengthy, entertaining addition to the mission line. You can even wear three variations of Seerus' mask and wield his hammer!

Shoot, completely forgot about Spiral Knights!

The Guild is still open for buisness. Shoot me a PM and I'll add you

and if anyone still has a spare set of dragon wings i'd really really really like them but i honestly doubt the chances

• 1 month later...

358ytf6.jpg

Spiral Knights has now made several changes into starting up their game, alongside the new changes you can make to your knight (eyes, height and 2 accessories) there are now changes to the starting missions. The Crash Site, Rescue Camp have met some significant changes as well. New players fight alongside Rhendon to save the Rescue Camp and face off against the evil gremlin Schemer, Razwog, a crazy scorcher punk who is up to no good beneath the rescue camp.

Edited by Kaleidoscorch
  • Thumbs Up 1