Awoo.

Pepper Ann!

Crystal Kingfisher

186124-985-1107647645-PEPPER_ANN.jpg

How could we ever forget Pepper Ann? She was my freakin' IDOL when I was young. She was funny, had a great personality, and wasn't a whore like Hannah Montana, the Disney character that the girls of today are obsessed with. The show aired from 1997 to 2001 and was shown on ABC's One Saturday Morning, Disney Channel, and Toon Disney. The show was about a 7th grader named Pepper Ann and her moments and dilemmas in school. She has even made a cameo appearance in House of Mouse, I hope she also makes a cameo in Kingdom Hearts 3.

So what do you think of this show?

Edited by Emma Emmerich

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mick

• Mollfie

• Crystal Kingfisher

• Eileanach

She's too cool for 7th grade.

Catch her if you can~ Pepper Ann..

She's her own biggest fan Pepper Ann..

Dude, I loved that show when I was younger.

Must agree, she was far from a whore, and a much

better idol to look up to rather than Hanna Montanna

I still love Pepperann lol, sadly Disney will never release it on DVD so I am stuck watching it on Youtube and they don't even have all the episodes and I can't find any torrents ;___; it's a sad sad day.

I loved Pepperann because...she was weird but she was still essentially a normal girl.

Pepper Ann, Pepper Ann, marching in her own parade

Pepper Ann; she's like one in a million~

Hehe, I used to watch this show a lot when I was home schooled. I vegged in front of the cartoon channels a lot in those days.

I liked P.A. for being a regular girl who wasn't gorgeous or super smart or a super hero. Just a funny and quirky idiosyncratic school girl with a few friends and a few problems and a relatively normal life. Yet she still managed to have fun and adventures, even with that seemingly limited set-up. It was a good cartoon.

I can't say I remember this show very well, but it had to be better than Doug.

I was into Pepper Ann when it was a relatively new show years ago. Didn't air back in 1998? So it's been 10+ years ago I watched that. I was more into The Weekenders and Recess, they were the best Disney Saturday morning cartoons in my opinion. I found Milo to be quite amusing. He's basically a stoner and stoners say some funny shit.

For me this is one of those shows where the first thing that comes to mind is the very catchy theme song, and not actual plot points or anything. :P

Even though there were many other Disney shows I was more into at the time, I still got a good deal of enjoyment out of Pepper Ann. It was quite funny and had some very quirky and unique characters, and generally didn't stick to stereotypes that shows aimed at young girls go for - which was very admirable. It's quite a shame that it seems to be another one of those "lost" shows that are no longer aired, aren't widely available and don't have a DVD release on the horizon - but I'm sure with Disney being Disney they'll want to cash in on it eventually.

Also; like a lot of these shows I was quite shocked to hear this went on until 2001. At least considering I only remember it airing during the late 90s and even those being repeats. I guess its popularity must have been floundering as it was on the way out if its promotion was really that small in the UK.

Pepper Ann was awesome back in the day, and it had a really catchy theme song. I agree with Flyboy about her being a regular girl. Mollfie, I can sympathize about Disney not releasing the series on DVD.

It was not released on DVD?! Wow. Disney needs to release it on DVD ASAP, but they're too busy with Hanner Montaner and other stuff that some schmuck doesn't care about.

Ahhh, Pepper Ann, the show I watched every time it was on. It was a great cartoon that is still good to this day. I wish Disney would release it on DVD, it is such a funny show.

Last time I checked Disney isn't going to be releasing it on DVD at all. I guess they think not enough people will buy it? I just wish I could atleast find all the episodes somewhere T__T I want to watch the one with the Fuzzy one velvet picture thing.

One of the best Saturday morning cartoon to crawl out of the 90s. It had a heroine I could relate to (mostly because of the whole talking to herself thing), and the writers had an excellent sense of humor.

They still air it once in a (great) while on Toon Disney. Or... I think Toon Disney was replaced by DXD, a ~male oriented~ channel, so it looks like it's gone forever now.

*crosses fingers for DVDs*

Last time I checked Disney isn't going to be releasing it on DVD at all. I guess they think not enough people will buy it? I just wish I could atleast find all the episodes somewhere T__T I want to watch the one with the Fuzzy one velvet picture thing.

You could complain to Disney directly about the situation. I have sent the company several complaints, and some of them were answered by the Disney Committee itself.

I never watched a lot of Pepper Ann as it was usually on at a time that was awkward for me to be in on time. I did watch "Doug" more though. And what I DID get to see of Pepper Ann it was quite amusing and had some really sweet and funny moments.

Although I just felt Pepper Ann had one of the weirdest voices for a 7th Grader or whatever she was ever.

I loved Pepper Ann, it always made me laugh and she was so much cooler than most characters even though she was considered weird. I remember trying to figure out whether her sibling was her brother or her sister cause I could never tell. It's a shame all the good shows have to go.

One of the best Saturday morning cartoon to crawl out of the 90s. It had a heroine I could relate to (mostly because of the whole talking to herself thing), and the writers had an excellent sense of humor.

They still air it once in a (great) while on Toon Disney. Or... I think Toon Disney was replaced by DXD, a ~male oriented~ channel, so it looks like it's gone forever now.

*crosses fingers for DVDs*

Toon Disney was just recently replaced with Disney XD, I don't have cable or satellite anymore since most of today's TV shows suck, but I've seen what some of Disney XD's shows are on the Xbox Live Marketplace and I almost threw up. I can't believe how much Disney sucks these days. I wish Disney would bring Pepper Ann to DVD, but it looks like they might never because of how much they're focused on Hannah Montana nowdays.

I loved Pepper Ann, it always made me laugh and she was so much cooler than most characters even though she was considered weird. I remember trying to figure out whether her sibling was her brother or her sister cause I could never tell. It's a shame all the good shows have to go.

I think everyone always wanted to know if her sibling was a boy or girl. And I agree it's sad how all the good shows are gone.

Ah, I remember this show. It was amusing for the few times I got to watch it. Disney needs to make more female characters like Pepper Ann, and less like Hanna Montana who looks like a prostitute.

I never watched a lot of Pepper Ann as it was usually on at a time that was awkward for me to be in on time. I did watch "Doug" more though. And what I DID get to see of Pepper Ann it was quite amusing and had some really sweet and funny moments.

Although I just felt Pepper Ann had one of the weirdest voices for a 7th Grader or whatever she was ever.

Hehe, I watched "Doug" more too. That was a pretty funny show. I've seen all the episodes.

Yeah, Pepper Ann did have a strange voice. So did her friend Milo. He's actually the weirdest character out of all the characters on that show.

Hehe, I watched "Doug" more too. That was a pretty funny show. I've seen all the episodes.

Yeah, Pepper Ann did have a strange voice. So did her friend Milo. He's actually the weirdest character out of all the characters on that show.

To this day I really don't consider Doug a Disney character but a Nickelodeon character. They didn't create him, they bought him.

Yeah, then Disney bought Doug as well. And we all know what happened with Disney's Doug. It was really not that hot as the first Doug series that was on Nick.

Well usually if I see "Disney's" written on a cartoon somewhere I tend to just assume it is Disney made. However, I liked Doug and I enjoyed Pepper Ann from what I did get to see. Foxboy when you mentioned Milo I had to go check it out and I watched a couple of episodes... wow Milo does have quite an odd voice. How very peculiar.

Yeah. Ya know what's also funny? I somewhat sound like Milo with my normal talking voice. I remember testing out my digicamcorder one day and played back what I recorded. I couldn't believe how I sounded like Milo. I was a bit freaked out by it in someways. :lol:

I MUST hear this Foxboy! That is awesome. I don't sound much like a television or cartoon character.

Wasn't there another Disney cartoon on during the same time as Pepper Ann it wasn't Doug but there was another show that was on either before and after and it was similar!

See kids need cartoons when they're young. None of the High School Musical crap! Most of us grew up into slightly stable individuals and we love cartoons that's what we were raised on and fed our imagination. None of this "If you and your school mates start a band you'll be totally famous LOL!" who cares what teenagers are doing when you are 10? You are more concerned about cartoons who leave their lunch under their desk too long and it becomes a monster!

If I was ever idiotic enough to have a child, it would be nourished with cartoons for the imagination not stale product placement and singing teenagers.

Yeah, I totally agree with ya on that. I'm wondering whatever happened to the good cartoons for kids nowadays. Apparently, they're a thing of the past. Oh yeah, if you wanna watch and listen to a vid of me talking. It's the introduction video on my YouTube channel, which can be found in my sig. Oh and I think the cartoon you're thinking about is Recess. That's the only cartoon that I could think of that was on around the same time as Doug and Pepper Ann.

^ I was thinking of Recess too, can't think of any others.

My children will be raised on old cartoons, anime and video games! Poor things lol