Awoo.

2011 SSMB Top 100 - VOTING CLOSED! RESULTS Tabulating...

Biafra Republic

(logo to be made later)

Voting closed. Results to be posted as soon as can be tabulated.

(Sorry about this, I only just got my computer back up and running...)

THE RULES
  1. One vote per person. Vote for your top (and no more than) 25 games, by e-mail (through SSMB)
  2. Please show your ranking on your list. All unordered lists will be assumed to be ordered top-down from 1-25.
  3. All games must be or have been available in the US, the UK, or Japan either at retailers or on a PC or console download service (Direct2Drive, Steam, etc.) as of the close of balloting.
  4. Compilations do not count as one game, please vote for its constituent games.
  5. Expansion packs go with their original games
  6. All sports and sports-league franchise games go under the same series name.
  7. All Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and DJ Hero games go under the same series name with the following exceptions that stand alone: Guitar Hero World Tour,
  8. The Beatles: Rock Band, and Green Day: Rock Band.
  9. All Tetris games are lumped together.
  10. Votes for remakes and blatant re-skins and different version of the same game will count as a vote for the original (e.g., Resi on GC -> Resi on PS,
  11. Super Mario Bros. 2 (US/EU version)-> Doki Doki Panic, Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels -> Super Mario 2 (JP), Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine -> Puyo Puyo, Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting and Turbo HD Remix -> Street Fighter 2, etc.)
  12. Any votes for games in the HallOFame-Tron will be discarded. The HallOFame-Tron shall consist of the following games:
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    • Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    • Sonic Adventure
    • Sonic Adventure 2
    • Super Mario 64
    • Team Fortress 2
    • Portal
    • Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
    • Custer's Revenge
    • Pokemon (entire series)

• Public boycotts, attempted public boycotts, or encouraging a public boycott of the Top 100 will not be tolerated.
  • Balloting closes 11:59:59PM US Central Daylight Time on 31 July 2011 (5:59:59AM British Summer Time on 1.August.2011). Any votes received after that time will be discarded.
    RANKING
    Points shall be assigned to each vote on ballot in accordance with the above rules as follows

• 7.60 points per #1 rank vote
    • 5.45 points per #2-5 rank vote
    • 3.30 points per #6-15 rank vote
    • 1.15 points per #16-25 rank vote

In addition to the above, each vote receives 1 point per vote received.

TIEBREAKERS

In the event of ties, the following tie-breaking system shall be used

[*]Number of #1 ranking votes

[*]Number of #2-5 ranking votes

[*]Number of #6-15 ranking votes

[*]Number of #16-25 ranking votes

[*]Order of Random.Org List Randomizer

In case of multiple games tied, all tied games go through together until either one ore more tie is broken with rules 1-4 (in which case, any remaining ties would go through rules 1-4 again), or until the first four rules are exhausted and rule 5 comes into effect (in which case, all remaining ties go through the List Randomizer together).

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Patticus

• Biafra Republic

• LATER BUDDY

• JezMM

Public boycotts, attempted public boycotts, or encouraging a public boycott of the Top 100 will not be tolerated.
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 1

# Public boycotts, attempted public boycotts, or encouraging a public boycott of the Top 100 will not be tolerated.

Seems reasonable. Little... strict, but it's not like there's anything like the Pokemon fias-

# Any votes for games in the HallOFame-Tron will be discarded. The HallOFame-Tron shall consist of the following games:

* Sonic the Hedgehog 2

* Sonic 3 & Knuckles

* Sonic Adventure

* Sonic Adventure 2

* Super Mario 64

* Team Fortress 2

* Portal

* Plumbers Don't Wear Ties

* Custer's Revenge

* Pokemon (entire series)

:|

well there goes literally half of everyones votes.

I guess it's sort of understandab-

* Pokemon (entire series)

why is this even happening again

I placed the entire Pokemon series into the HallOfFame-Tron because virtually every generation thus far (regardless of which definition you subscribe to) has been featured in the top of the Top 100.

So wait, e-mail through sonic stadium, are we e-mailing this to you or PMing? Technically each is a form of electronic mail so wanted to confirm.

I might think about this. I mean, it's not like off the top of my head, I can list IN ORDER my top 100 video games. But, it sounds like a fun time killer sometime this month, =3.

I might think about this. I mean, it's not like off the top of my head, I can list IN ORDER my top 100 video games. But, it sounds like a fun time killer sometime this month, =3.

When the hall of fame gets big enough, can we do a seperate 'hall of fame top 10'?

Well since nobody answered my question I just sent it as an e-mail rather than PM. I never check my e-mail so if there's any problems with my list, let me know via PM.

Well since nobody answered my question I just sent it as an e-mail rather than PM. I never check my e-mail so if there's any problems with my list, let me know via PM.

I PM'd my submission.

No, you do your top 25, but the idea is to get so many votes that a top hundred can be collated.

If we don't get enough voters this won't be worth it though.