Awoo.

Sonic 3ds Max work

exojamesm

A few extra lighting and texture tweaks, nothing much over last render

HiddenPalace_SR_Texture2.jpg

as always, great! maybe I should recruit you for some stage stuff on the project I am working on....

• 2 months later...

Apologies on nothing new for this recently. Been very busy recently, life changing stuff etc etc

Just an updated title card, will upload the rest of the level cards later

HiddenPalace.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

As promised the other title cards, actual good bits and explanations next!

TemporalMine.jpg

Chronos%20Runway.jpg

LavaReef.jpg

SkySanctuary.jpg

ChaosOrigin.jpg

DeathEgg.jpg

Think ive got them all haha 

• Thumbs Up 2

Have to say, looking over this, I'm definitely excited to see what the final product will look like!

I wish you luck on keeping at this project; too many great ideas end up unrealised because of the stress that comes from an ambitious project like this. I hope you can keep working on it steadily and make an awesome fangame as a final product. biggrin.png

I'll be following!

• Thumbs Up 2

Have to say, looking over this, I'm definitely excited to see what the final product will look like!

I wish you luck on keeping at this project; too many great ideas end up unrealised because of the stress that comes from an ambitious project like this. I hope you can keep working on it steadily and make an awesome fangame as a final product. biggrin.png

I'll be following!

Thanks! Glad you like the sound of it. Im currently working out my final storyboard and writing up some concepts. Will start creating some assets then work on my engine. Will post any updates that I can (actual things not the usual this is a picture of what i want in a fan game i just thought up while on the toilet)

Dont expect this to be finished anytime soon, as im just going to gradually work on it. I agree too many fan games get pushed aside, usually due to conflicting ideas ( everyone has their ideal sonic game).

As with the true nature of game design, expect some form of idea pitch shortly, and why this is worth following

A long dev time is to be expected when it's a one-man project! I'm sure it'll be worth it when it's finally done, however. Have you considered showcasing it on the SAGE Expo, by any chance? They showcase Sonic fangames, so it might be something to look into. smile.png

Okay you can call my hyped for the final product just from what I'm imagining from seeing these level names. Especially Considering the whole past/present/Future (possibly both bad and good) thing.

Okay you can call my hyped for the final product just from what I'm imagining from seeing these level names. Especially Considering the whole past/present/Future (possibly both bad and good) thing.

Glad you like the sound of it. I've got a few ideas on paper, some quite clever, some needing some work. Im mostly working on an overall pitch at the moment. - Then I will post in in the correct section of the forum, just realised this stuff is in the wrong spot

Heres a small extract from it - details on Chaos Origin Zone - and the direction im taking

Chaos Origin – 2 Zones – Boss fight – Brief Level Details

Sonic is warped back hundreds of years in pursuit of Robotnik. To the time of Edmund the Echidna.

Zone 1 – Green forest / mystic ruins. Traps / Water – Enemies warp in through time portals

Robotnik is seen warping in with a robot – quickly disappears from the screen

Zone 2 – Short Zone – Mystic Ruins style area - Contains an original shrine to the master emerald / chaos emeralds

Sonic comes across the master emerald shrine, attacked by Edmund. Uses clever attacks rather than force. Yet some similarities to Knuckles fighting style.

Sonic wins to progress.

Robotnik warps in behind the shrine in a similar robot to the final boss from Sonic and Knuckles (Seen in Zone1) Steals the master emerald. Attempts to flee. Sonic uses the chaos emeralds to chase as Super Sonic.

Boss fight.

Witnessed by Edmund (The mural from Sonic and Knuckles Hidden Palace – an image of this event rather than a prophecy)

Sonic wins to progress.

Robotnik's robot blows up, chaos emeralds scatter. Robotnik warps through time with the Master Emerald, Sonic follows him

Link to Death Egg Zone (Past)

• Thumbs Up 1