Awoo.

Sonic 3ds Max work

exojamesm

They're a bit simple, and don't have any specific color schemes to them, but I hope you can properly tell what their shapes and designs are, enough to model it out. We can try colors afterward.

kittyfr.png

pandaj.png

(drawn by Mimi, lol)

You can take a few liberties with the designs if you like, just as long as they stay sort of close to the originals. If you have any questions, then you could call me up. =)

Before people ask why I just suddenly requested this, Exo's on the Freerunner team. So yay!

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 5

I feel like the pupils could be a little bit bigger, and the teeth can be improved some (like not sticking out as much), but otherwise it's awesome! I'll try to think up some colors for it as well.

I feel like the pupils could be a little bit bigger, and the teeth can be improved some (like not sticking out as much), but otherwise it's awesome! I'll try to think up some colors for it as well.

Cool cool, made the pupils a bit bigger and toned down the teeth a bit. Also it looks pretty good in a copper colour, from just playing around

You did that in one day?ohmy.png

You are really good.laugh.png

Yep, Thanks :D

kittenbadnikcopper.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

After looking at the picture, I'm starting to realize that it's the eyes in general that are just a bit too small. Maybe making them just about the same size as in the picture would be great. That, and giving some alternate angle shots too. =)

And I think that color suits it well, but it'll need a complimentary color too. I'll think about it.

Kitty! :3

Ooh, everything's so pretty... and shiny... and pretty. Like, this whole topic is beautiful. owo

:D i hope it does justice to ur drawings!

also, made the eyes bigger and made the legs a little more "roboty"

kittenbadnik2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

biggrin.png i hope it does justice to ur drawings!

kittenbadnik2.jpg

Cool! :D Does this badnik have a name yet?

You are

biggrin.png i hope it does justice to ur drawings!

kittenbadnik2.jpg

I love you more than emotionally possible right now

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool! biggrin.png Does this badnik have a name yet?

Im not sure actually :P Azukara may have an idea.

Going off names of other badniks, i would prob call it Pouncer or something like that

:D i hope it does justice to ur drawings;

also, made the eyes bigger and made the legs a little more "roboty";

kittenbadnik2.jpg

Well, its Mimi's artwork, so yes.

Also, Exo, that's it, right on the money. It's adorably awesome! Flipping great job, man. =D

EDIT: Also, Pouncer is a great name for it! Definitely using that. And by the way, how versatile is it if we were to rig this up and give it animations? Would it be able to bend and move like it should?

Edited by Azukara

Well, its Mimi's artwork, so yes.

Also, Exo, that's it, right on the money. It's adorably awesome! Flipping great job, man. =D

EDIT: Also, Pouncer is a great name for it! Definitely using that. And by the way, how versatile is it if we were to rig this up and give it animations? Would it be able to bend and move like it should?

I know I have no place to ask this, but could I see it in a different set of colours? Like, black, with a dash of yellow? I don't know why, but... I'd like to see that. Would you mind?

Thanks man, that's awesome! biggrin.png

Where'd you learn to model anyway? You're so damn good!

:D

Well i did Games Development at Sheffield Hallam uni which included a fair of modelling and udk work, and then bought a load of books teaching me stuff, so with lots of practice im starting to get some decent stuff now haha

• Thumbs Up 5

Hey Exo, question. How many polygons did you use on the Pouncer? Also, any progress coming up on the panda badnik so far?
Edited by Exo_Chaoslava

Dimps, do you accept this challenge?

They already lost... their contract to the Sonic franchise! YEEEAAAHH! *high-fives Izuka*

Cool! biggrin.png Does this badnik have a name yet?

CATterkiller? *shot*

These renders are fantastic, Exo! Really great stuff! I'm trying to teach myself how to use Blender to make 3D models for our live-action Phantasy Star movie trilogy. So time-consuming. :L How long do the renders such as Death Egg and Sky Chase generally take you? I've been contemplating dropping some money and switching to 3DS Max after seeing a lot of the things that it can do, though I'm not sure if it has a compositor as in-depth as Blender's.

Also:

(Exo's) Sonic 2 HD coming soon to XBLA and PSN anyone? wink.png

Edited by crush40rocks

Awesome work, I work with 3DS Max and Maya at uni and i know how much work has gone into these. They're fantastic.

If you're up for requests, how about taking the sonic and metal models and recreating the end of the OVA

(Straaaaaaaaaaange isn't it?)

I gotta say, you're a pretty awesome 3D artist! I'd like to ask for a request if possible, but you're probably really busy working on other stuff at the moment so I won't bother wasting your time.

....just a quick question, though: you wouldn't happen to have a deviantART or Sheezy Art account, would you? If you did, I'd so totally watch you!