Awoo.

Sonic 3ds Max work

exojamesm

DAMN

Extremely glad you decided to do this, as it's looking WAY better than I could have even imagined! Totally can't wait until it's done dude, >D.

Good lord man.. talk about a jump in quality. As if your stuff wasn't great enough already!

man I'm so glad to have you on the team right now XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad you all like that part! Hopefully you will like this one even more! biggrin.png

Still to do :

Background

Foreground platforms ( hence the floating platform currently)

Badnik possibly

Few effects/items

Tails (thats right i said tails!)

oiloceanspikes6.jpg

Wow, amazing work so far, and a big improvement over your already awesome other work!

• Thumbs Up 2

Little bit further, few things may change as i model the background.

Lighting been changed slightly for the moment.

Hope it's looking good! :D

oilocean2701test.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

I would KILL to see you do Chaos Angel after Oil Ocean. I hated that stage like a child hating broccoli because its schizophrenic level design, but the stage itself looked AWESOME!

Dude... This already looks AMAZING! tongue.png

Haha thanks!! biggrin.png

I would KILL to see you do Chaos Angel after Oil Ocean. I hated that stage like a child hating broccoli because its schizophrenic level design, but the stage itself looked AWESOME!

I totally agree with you on that level, constantly fall to your death. Yet it is a great looking stage, may have to consider that one!

Nearly finished now! So should be able to get a good idea of the finished oil ocean! biggrin.png

Edit: Decided to go with sand dunes in the back, rather than industrial area to try and break up the image, give it a little more 'deserty theme'

oilocean2701test3.jpg

Edited by Exo_Chaoslava
  • Thumbs Up 6

Haha thanks!! biggrin.png

I totally agree with you on that level, constantly fall to your death. Yet it is a great looking stage, may have to consider that one!

Nearly finished now! So should be able to get a good idea of the finished oil ocean! biggrin.png

Edit: Decided to go with sand dunes in the back, rather than industrial area to try and break up the image, give it a little more 'deserty theme'

oilocean2701test3.jpg

All of my money if SEGA remakes the classics with this graphical quality. Awesome work!

• Thumbs Up 1

> Take snapshot

> Go back in time

> Go to June 2011

> Show to TSSZ

> Oil Ocean for Generations, guyz

• Thumbs Up 5

oilocean2701test.jpg

Where in the world have you dissapeared when Sonc Team reunited to show concept arts of reimaginated zone for Sonic Generations ? You can surely have your place in the project !

Edited by Fox Gungrave

It's awesome! Loving the motion blur on Tails' tails.

Do you know what you're doing next? I'd love to see your take on Sky Sanctuary or Flying Battery.

Wait, did you do Flying Battery already? I can't remember.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's awesome! Loving the motion blur on Tails' tails.

Do you know what you're doing next? I'd love to see your take on Sky Sanctuary or Flying Battery.

Wait, did you do Flying Battery already? I can't remember.

These are way too beautiful. And I mean every single one of them. I know I already posted me saying that before, but I just had to do it again, this work is absolutely fantastic and it truly captures these classic and memorable level in high definition.

Kudos to you, good sir.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, Exo, a while back Azukara asked for those two Badniks. You showed the cat, but not the panda. Did you not do that yet, or did he not want you to show it off yet or something?

Also, Oil Ocean looks fantastic! Love Tails.

Edited by MarcelloF

Hey, Exo, a while back Azukara asked for those two Badniks. You showed the cat, but not the panda. Did you not do that yet, or did he not want you to show it off yet or something?

Also, Oil Ocean looks fantastic! Love Tails.

thanks!! Yeh havent got round to doing it yet, azukara has me busy with freerunner stuff though, so watch this space :D

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well here it is! Finished oil ocean, tails included! biggrin.png

Hope you all like it!

oiloceanexo.jpg

What in blazes is this masterpiece?

On that note, A Match in Oil Ocean is hereby banned from this thread for security reasons.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh goodness, I just love this one! I like the fact it's pretty different to the original in tone, this one is much darker, so to speak.

I don't think I've actually seen the dunes in the background in the original level though, have we?

*searched* Nope. But it's a very nice touch though! :D Fitting.

I don't think I've actually seen the dunes in the background in the original level though, have we?

*searched* Nope. But it's a very nice touch though! biggrin.png Fitting.

Course not, it was just sky, sky, and machinery.

And an ocean of oil, of course.