Awoo.

SA2B City escape with sonic generations remixed music

StrawhatSoul

Sonic Generations is coming out later this year, and a new stage was announced at E3 this year, City Escape.

New music was also released on the internet, so, after listening to it, it gave me an idea.

What if I mixed the new remix of the old song in the old game? That way, it would work with the old level structure and design.

By the way, I used an AR code to get the music to stop playing.

So here it is, I hope you enjoy seeing this stage for the 100th time with the Sonic Generations music to back it up. Let me know what you think.

• Thumbs Up 5

Interesting idea you had there but wow, those did not make a good match. It just feels so wrong without opening with the bass and this version is definitely less fitting for a high-speed escape from the military. The original was adrenaline-filled and so exciting. This one's more fun and puts a smile on my face. I'd say they should stay in their games.

I am curious to see the original Escape from the City with the Generations gameplay now, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't think it was too bad. Some of the parts (like the first few seconds of the song and 1:18 to 1:32) don't really fit, but other than that it was really good ^_^

I didn't think it was too bad. Some of the parts (like the first few seconds of the song and 1:18 to 1:32) don't really fit, but other than that it was really good ^_^

I agree about the beginning, but I feel like the bit starting with 1:18 actually synced up to the footage really well, beginning with the fairly slow climb up the stairs and ending right as Sonic reaches that one grind rail.

...for the most part, though, the song's not really too suited to that version of stage. Kudos for the effort; I think this demonstrates really well what a difference a few tweaks (well, a lot of tweaks) to a song can make to the whole mood of the game. This makes me even more interested than before to hear the rest of Generations' soundtrack.

That was pretty good. My favorite part was 1:34.

'Tis cute. I liked the bit from 1:53 to 2:02 since you're running down the building during the chorus. o3o;

Classic Sonic's Green Hill and City Escape strongly resemble the music from original Green Hill and Endless Mine (Sonic 3), respectively.

Here's hoping that the tune for Modern Sonic's City Escape resembles the original tune from SA2. Let there be rock. :3

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Jeez is this the remix that's going to be in the new game? It sounds HORRIBLE! Was this remix even approved by Jun Senoue? When I heard Ted Poley was going back to the studio to record the new city escape remix, I didn't think it would be this pop shit. It doesn't sound professional at all, I'm sorry.

• Bad Quality Post 1

...this is Classic Sonic's version of the song. Modern Sonic's getting a different remix, and his will still be rock.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It's one of the new remixes, and it's for Classic Sonic. :P There will be another one, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh.. But still, why'd they make it sound so annoying? I love the Sonic Team composers, but damn.

And what is it with them using that auto tune again? They used it for the theme in Colors. I thought they were doing that to be funny and to make fun of auto tune. But now I'm not sure what's going thru their heads. You can make pop music without it sounding so generic and irritating.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 3

Oh.. But still, why'd they make it sound so annoying? I love the Sonic Team composers, but damn.

And what is it with them using that auto tune again? They used it for the theme in Colors. I thought they were doing that to be funny and to make fun of auto tune. But now I'm not sure what's going thru their heads. You can make pop music without it sounding so generic and irritating.

• Thumbs Up 2

How am I being a brat? Because I don't like the remix? And I'm not stating it as a fact. And I didn't know what vocoder was. All I recognized was that parts of the vocals sounded like auto tune-ish. If you like it fine. It's not like you're in the minority here.

You can dislike something without being a total douche about it.
I can dislike something and express it anyway I want. It's not like I'm dissing or insulting anybody for liking it. There's plenty of stuff you and others say about games and music I like that makes me mad. But I don't reply to every comment calling them out for not liking what I like.

And stating something as a fact would be saying something like: "In your opinion this is cool, in reality it's shit."

I'm not telling people they're wrong for liking it. I didn't mean pop was bad. Well I did say this pop shit, but I meant it makes pop look stereotypical.

Here's hoping that the tune for Modern Sonic's City Escape resembles the original tune from SA2. Let there be rock. :3

I noticed even this comment got neg repped. How dare we say anything about this classic remix. And that comment is the most politely expressed dislike for this song, and it still gets neg repped.

Edited by lounge

Dissident, don't talk to someone like shit for a comment they made that wasn't directed at anybody, and then report that person when they retaliate; you provoked him, so you deserve to be told to fuck off. Cool off peeps, let people say what they want without getting in eachothers faces over it. If someone thinks the music is shit it's no less valid a remark than saying you like it; each to their own.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Imho, the music is too slow paced and techno-ish like to fit this game, also, this is Classic's version of the song, which is obviously more slow paced for the slow gameplay of the zone

I think they both should stick to their games

I love this remix. But I don't know... it just doesn't seem to fit. Maybe it's just nostalgia talking though.

Wow that's really cool!

I actually didn't like the "classic" remix because I don't think the slow-techno sound fit the lyrics, but after watching the video it actually grew on me. I wish the song was long because after it loops it does get a little annoying, but that applies (again, for me) on the original and modern remix as well.

My favorite is 1:10 - 1:44 ish before the chorus goes, for some reason I really think it fits. Might just be me.

Also, this doesn't have to do with the music, but after seeing the Generations skateboard scene I just had the urge to want to change the camera angle for this version xD The camera directly behind him is nowhere near as good as it is slightly above.

Edited by Melru