Awoo.

Sonic Show: #73 RED HEDGEHOG: Summer Of Sonic 2011 Special

Jay (Eggemann)

reddy-300x130.jpgThis year the Evil Doc team put together a Red Hedgehog special in just 8 days! However it was in flash and our set up on the day couldn’t play it. Don’t worry though as we have it here for you to finally enjoy!

You can also see the rest of Evil Doc and what they do at http://evildoc.net | http://adoublea.deviantart.com | http://rogerregorroger.deviantart.com

thesonicshow?d=qj6IDK7rITs thesonicshow?i=C52fsAdFtq8:l95CRwoiqz8:- thesonicshow?d=yIl2AUoC8zA thesonicshow?d=63t7Ie-LG7Y

View the full article

sos-300x300.jpgJust think. It was only two weeks ago that a corner of London was swamped by Sonic fans. It was just two weeks ago that people who helped create Sonic, and people who were still making Sonic what he is today, had flown all the way from Japan to meet people whose lives they had influenced. It was just two weeks ago that over 1,000 came to Summer Of Sonic, and over 20,000 went to our site to watch it online. Basically, a lot of crap went down two weeks ago!

Of course, some things never change. Once again The Sonic Show was there to broadcast the event to those of you at home and once again we (in conjuction with Sonic Showcase Network) have compiled a selection of highlights into a “Best of”  hour special. Think of it as box of chocolates in video form, where we have taken out of the ones you don’t like. There are so many great moments this year that we couldn’t fit it all into one video. But don’t worry, they are all available too as bonus videos on our youtube channel.

So sit back, see if you can spot yourself, and enjoy!

thesonicshow?d=qj6IDK7rITs thesonicshow?i=NOh_U9oDpYE:bHsvPKMtoOg:- thesonicshow?d=yIl2AUoC8zA thesonicshow?d=63t7Ie-LG7Y

View the full article

• 1 month later...

sonic-150x150.jpg

Today it was noticed that our youtube account had been hacked into. Nothing much had changed, they altered the title of the profile and reset the channels skin. I quickly changed my password and restored these alterations. However approx 15 minutes laters, they had deleted my whole account. This account is 5 years old, and contains videos dating back to the beginning. At this moment in time they are all gone. While I do have a lot of them backed up, some are not. If the account cannot be restored then episodes like our Summer Of Sonic special will not be able to be reuploaded due to time limitation now placed on accounts after ours was created.

This is a huge blow for The Sonic Show, as someone has basically deleted our history, our existence.

We have emailed youtube requesting for account restoration thought youtube state that they will not restore the videos or comments. We now play the waiting game.

thesonicshow?d=qj6IDK7rITs thesonicshow?i=ozRWdFDOtbY:w8lOhjcKgOA:- thesonicshow?d=yIl2AUoC8zA thesonicshow?d=63t7Ie-LG7Y

View the full article

It really sucks to hear this. An unprecedented and no doubt spiteful attack. Bloody hell, I hope you guys can recover alright. And sorry if this sounds harsh, but I can't believe that there's another problem of lost content due to lack of back ups. I would have expected you guys to have a complete set of all the episodes.

• Thumbs Up 1

For a second I thought this was about Sonic Shorts.

Eh, never heard any of the shows. But I wish you luck.

We have the videos mostly, its just the spirtefull ness of it all. Also things we can never recover, like the videos views (higher views helped us reach more people in searches plus some had revenue sharing), so yes we have the content, but in some respects we now have to start from scratch.

Views are not a big deal, it just takes time but with enough promotion and advertising you can get high views quickly.

Views are not a big deal, it just takes time but with enough promotion and advertising you can get high views quickly.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not really that easy. Most people aren't going to go back and watch episodes they've already seen numerous times. And like Jay said, the lower view count doesn't help with searches at all.

My that really awful, why would someone do that? Some people out there really do baffle me.

I am really sorry about that Jay. sad.gif

Aw man, sucks to hear this. I've been hacked several times before so I know how it feels to have to start over when your getting up there as far as viewers and subscribers go.

Good luck, I know a few people who had situations like this get their accounts back so hopefully you guys can do the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

I also had my channel done away with recently, not hacked, but terminated, as it was my own fault for having a few vids up that had copyrighted content. I had it since 2006, so, I'm well aware of the feeling of being knocked to the bottom and having to start over from scratch, losing all the momentum that you built up beforehand in terms of subscribers, friends, and views. Feels bad man. Most of my most popular videos that had hovered around an average of 10,000-18,000 views now average around 100 or so each, though to be fair I've only just reuploaded my stuff about a week ago. Still, I'm not sure yet if I'll ever see the viewership I once had.

Good luck guys, I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

Edited by Inferno

uvs110816-002-150x150.jpg

While we attempt to sort out out youtube woes, that wont let us stop bringing you the videos you need! It’s time for some brand new level action for Sonic plus a cameo from BOTH Tails and a certain robot! Don’t forget to subscribe to our new channel just incase we lose our old one for good!

thesonicshow?d=qj6IDK7rITs thesonicshow?i=rQlk2Q97fvM:55N9R9J-B3k:- thesonicshow?d=yIl2AUoC8zA thesonicshow?d=63t7Ie-LG7Y

View the full article

• 2 weeks later...

uvs110825-001-300x168.jpgDoes the trailer suggest that this will lead into the next episode of Sonic 4? Or are we reading to much into it? With Metal showing at the end of ep1 and now this, it would seem they want to jog out memories for episode 2.

Also with it coming out on every platform this is surely the work we heard ages ago from Taxman back 2009!?  Thoughts?

thesonicshow?d=qj6IDK7rITs thesonicshow?i=vMpS0riXeco:00cheieROVM:- thesonicshow?d=yIl2AUoC8zA thesonicshow?d=63t7Ie-LG7Y

View the full article

• 2 weeks later...

816uXnq+6vL._AA1500_-150x150.jpgIts for Europe and Australia only? WHAT?!

I understand that it sucks, but I guess Im just saying that there are more important things in life, and Im VERY confident that Sega will find a way to fleece us fans for cash on both sides of the ocean.

thesonicshow?d=qj6IDK7rITs thesonicshow?i=YevVc7V9YAg:RLrXwyDthC0:- thesonicshow?d=yIl2AUoC8zA thesonicshow?d=63t7Ie-LG7Y

View the full article