Awoo.

Sonic Show: #73 RED HEDGEHOG: Summer Of Sonic 2011 Special

Jay (Eggemann)

Facing Metal Sonic on that classic level is going to be some ride. Plus the sweet boss theme remix playing the background. =D

Curious though how he might take his revenge on Modern.

ep88-150x150.jpg

We were playing two modified versions of the Blitz Sonic engine but couldnt decide which one we preferred? The first one is Sonic BGE Anniversary and the second is Sonic Dimensions. Both control differently and have different graphical approaches to the same thing. What do you guys like best?

thesonicshow?d=qj6IDK7rITs thesonicshow?i=LvNEBEou7hI:yuzeyzfStX0:- thesonicshow?d=yIl2AUoC8zA thesonicshow?d=63t7Ie-LG7Y

View the full article
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic BGE. Has some really good features for stage making, like the cinematic camera lock.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Freerunner's Blitzsonic mod is better than both of these combined, man. Even if it is discontinued.

BGE is definitely the winner. More polished. Although neither are that absolutely wonderful, to say. SonicGDK is better than both of these x5000.

• Thumbs Up 4

BGE feels more professional in its runtime execution and seems to be the clear and easy better choice.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've actually played Dimensions its good for speed and feeling that sense of going faster then anything around which is great. But I'm not all for that, but he did a good job implementing some neat lighting effects. Which is quite nice to see something different. And nice that he added spindash but not the way I would like it to be used in a zooming in shot.

But I give him props for bringing out something nice to the community. He did a great job and I hope he continues.

Of course Sonic GDK is better since it runs on something much more beautiful then pitiful blitz3d. tongue.png But thats to be expected anyways. Unless Blitz3d stops running on Directx7 tech.

But again, both went two separate routes, one went on speed while the other is more focused on platforming. Yet they are good engines both of them. Not to sound biased.

I'm still working on the engine since one of my team members left. But I see that people are persnickety on having to use the mouse for the camera control. I can change that in the future release. I still have plenty more to add, and more ideas to try out. I'm glad people like it though.

Edited by Twilightzoney

hmmmk-150x150.jpg

A german website just uploaded a long preview of this years hot game (linked to in video annotation if you want to see the full thing while its up!)

. Since we fear that it could randomly vanish, we reuploaded the bit we care about,  that Death Egg boss battle!

Are you excited? Comment below!

thesonicshow?d=qj6IDK7rITs thesonicshow?i=ieT_7efIyIM:WaPnowluLgU:- thesonicshow?d=yIl2AUoC8zA thesonicshow?d=63t7Ie-LG7Y

View the full article

The that remix really made the fight feel exciting! Any idea where it came from or who made it? :)

ya even though i haven't heard it all the crisis city music was the weakest remix. i still think Chemical Plant modern stage remix still sounds beast though

Bwahahaha! That video was very well made. Especially when you finally showed Sonic standing behind Mario. Love it!

And also, big congrats on getting up to 1000 subscribers again!