Awoo.

Could Sonic be gay?

thedarkknight

I mean he keeps on pushing Amy away. He could also be with Blaze but no, he prefers to hang around with Tails or Knuckles...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 7

Hahahaha, what? He isn't interested in two girls, and has friends that are guys, so he must be gay? Yeah, right. I suppose the Chaotix must be a in a 3-way gay relationship too...

• Thumbs Up 9

Aside from the obvious above logic, Sonic DOES throw Amy a bone and agree to go on a date with her in Black Knight. He just never makes it due to the whole summoned-by-a-wizard-from-another-dimension-thing. That ol' excuse.

Or he could just not be interested in those two characters, haha. Sonic is supposed to be an actiony hero character guy, the love interest shite doesn't apply to the way the franchise is handled canonically. Tails, however is definitely a fag.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Bad Quality Post 1

All the canons that show him being romantically interested portray him as hetero. Even in the games he was supposed to have a girlfriend originally. And he's been on a date with Amy.

But, in all honesty I don't think SEGA really cares or that it matters.

Edited by MarcelloF

I mean he keeps on pushing Amy away.

Because he's just not into her specifically. A disinterest in one girl does not indicate a disinterest in all girls.

He could also be with Blaze but no,

There is no evidence that Sonic or Blaze have any romantic attraction to one another. Fandom shipping aside, there is not one bit of canon evidence. Unlike the Amy example, Blaze doesn't seem to see Sonic that way either, making this pairing even less plausible than the above.

he prefers to hang around with Tails or Knuckles...

He hangs out with them as friends.

Your logic is utter nonsense. A person can have friends and not be romantically attracted to them.

Frankly, the series has shown no evidence for Sonic's sexuality in either direction- Game Sonic just never seems interested in stuff like romance, period. So I feel that there's just not any canon support for his sexual orientation, whatever you might think it may be.

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 3

Tails is his bitch - you know it.

Oh, and:

modern_x_classic_quickie_by_segamew-d3dp3wz.png

Classic X Modern in Generations FTW.

Also, if he has sex with himself, does it count as masturbation?

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Because a guy hanging with his male friends and not showing romantic interest in one girl and not getting with a girl of another species who lives in another dimension means he's gay... :rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I'm always pairing Sonic and Tails together (♥), I don't believe for even one moment that anything in any canon would indicate that Sonic is gay. In several canons (e.g. SatAM/Archie/AoStH) he's been shown to have a definite interest in the laydees. In the games, I don't think there's much to show either way, but I'm certain that he's not intended to be gay. He's just not interested in dating or in any of the girls he's met so far. It was stated by Naka some time ago that he didn't ever want to 'tie Sonic down' and that Sonic is a free spirit who isn't interested in a relationship. That may change, but if any hints are shown, they'll certainly be towards a female character. In the meantime, turning down one girl's advances and not making moves on another doesn't make a character homosexual. Nor does having close friends of the same gender, or spending more time with them than with a girl. Silly speculation is silly... and is what fandom is for, not canon (;

• Thumbs Up 1

Umm no, it seems Sonic has quite a thing for the girls in the Archie comics =P And I very much doubt SEGA would make Sonic gay..

• Thumbs Up 1

eXtaticus, I- I love you :lol:

No, just no. Its just not Sonic's thing to...go on dates and see girls :/ And if it was, it would probably be something that would be slightly mentioned. We wouldn't even get to see it, because we're playing his games to save the world or something, not see him go on dates.

Sonic is definitely gay, just look at that smile on that face! :P

But if you meant homosexuality in that case we've caught him kissing Robotnik of all things. And we all know he liked it :P

Actually there's evidence that he's straight, but it's kind of obscure.

In that love mission in PS360 Unleashed you get from the bisexual dude in Empire City, the mission always refers to the person you're trying to woo as "her."

Everyone knows he only dates humans.

SonicEliseKiss.png

Case closed, you can all return to your Sonic yaoi fanfics.

Edited by SpookyMulder
  • Thumbs Up 5

Nah. He's as straight as an arrow.

He's only gay in the minds of Yaoi fangirls who love seeing him paired up with other male characters no matter how much against his character it is for the purpose of wish-fulfillment despite the indisputable fact that SEGA and Sonic Team, in all likelihood, have never done that and will never do that.

Not dissing 'em, mind. I just think that it's totally without ground that Sonic is canonically gay or is hiding any sexuality, not that the games have anything to do with such subjects.

Sonic knows girls totally suck in the Sonic universe.

It's why nobody picks her in multiplayer games...everyone wants to be badasses like Charmee the Bee or Froggy the Frog.

T

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing that has made Sonic look gay to me is his favourite clothes in the OVA movie. Apart from that, he is one smooth playa.

Maybe he is gay, after all someone in the Sonic Universe has to be responsible for getting the party started.

Or he's into robots, which is why he spared Gamma, Sonic thinks robots are hot. 20 years of blowing them up must have had some kind of impact on him.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh, I missed a few...

Cream = seriously, make your own jokes.

Emerl = depends entirely on what moves you program him with.

Vector = gay for Espio.

Espio = gay for Mighty.

Mighty = gay for anybody.

Charmy = he's six years old, for crying out loud!

Mephiles = is so gay for Shadow, it transcends time, space and the universe itself.

Shade = lesbian.

• Thumbs Up 5

Emerl = depends entirely on what moves you program him with.

• Thumbs Up 2

Check out the 1996 movie Crash and read up on paraphilia. I'm pretty sure Sonic gets off on the destruction of badniks.

OldManOVA.png?t=1280852703

I suspect old man owl to be a SonicOsexual, whatever sex Sonic is depicted in is what old man owl is interested in.

• Thumbs Up 4