Awoo.

Sonic Unlimited (formerly Sonic 2006 2D)

Lightspines

Holy fucking shit all of you.

Just shut the fuck up.

Also Dreamhog stop beating a goddamn dead horse with your antics and learn when to stop arguing.

• Thumbs Up 5

So? Why bother with something else when you've got something that works?

I'm pretty sure I'd try some other way before kissing a dead corpse animal. Like chanting , or try to transfer power through hand to the chest and say "clear!".

Holy fucking shit all of you.

Just shut the fuck up.

Also Dreamhog stop beating a goddamn dead horse with your antics and learn when to stop arguing.

I did. we're talking about sonic 06 now.

So, I'll ask again:

1) Are they doing 2D hubs?

2) And cutscenes?

From what I've seen in a playthrough, I think it's just the levels straight up.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I'll ask again:

1) Are they doing 2D hubs?

2) And cutscenes?

From what I know:

1) No and 2) No.

Sonic's Story had no cutscenes or hubs.

Edited by Ming Ming Love
  • Thumbs Up 1

she kissed a dead guy, on the lips. That's not a big deal to you?

She kissed a dead guy she loved. That's a pretty important aspect of the scene. People kiss immediately recently deceased loved ones all the time.

I dunno about cut-scenes and hubs. It'd be cool if they did (and included a few FMV ones from the game for good measure), but since the game is still pre-final release, anything is possible.

In the first release, Sonic's story didn't even have credits at the end. Just went back to the title screen. Frankly I was offended. >8C No ending is fine but I want some credits to close the experience.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

...I told him nobody messes with Sean. Oh well...

is this from the same people? this looks awesome.

And to answer his question that he will never see, no it's not from the same people.

I can only imagine it being possible if they had holes and slopes going up over them, so you have to time your hits right to get across each one? But a level change like that might be too unfaithful, so they may just skip over it.
That, or possibly some simplistic twist where you use telekinesis to pick them up from the ground and carry them around with you, navigating obstacles and depositing them in the appropriate places. It really depends on where their loyalties lie in regards to either making an imperfect representation, or to not bother at all.

I didn't even know it existed, so I guess that says something, lol.
When Shadow reaches the highest tier of Chaos Boost, he gains access to it. Unfortunately, it has shockingly short range and is unnaturally weak. Edited by zI Maleficent

Huh, this actually looks playable. It's a shame (somewhat) that it'll never be finished, though.

When Shadow reaches the highest tier of Chaos Boost, he gains access to it. Unfortunately, it has shockingly short range and is unnaturally weak.

Do you have to unlock it from the shop? Might make sense I never saw it if so, I never played Shadow or Silver beyond their credits.

Do you have to unlock it from the shop? Might make sense I never saw it if so, I never played Shadow or Silver beyond their credits.

Yeah, it's unlocked in the shop. It's only worth it if you want the achievements/trophies though, Shadow's powerups aren't very good, and Silver's are just, alright, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

But the thing is, the creator of this fan game is actively looking out for and recreating Sonic Team's crappy effort. The physics, the unnecessary speed boosters, frequent groups of enemies, all with health bars.

Hell he even kept the same issues that made the Silver boss fight such a pain. In the original, if Silver ever caught you in mid-air, you would never have enough time to recover before he grabbed you again, which essentially meaning you were dead if you found yourself in this situation... and that's still present in this fan game. That's the point I and several others are making. All the flaws that were in 06's gameplay are here in this fan game, only this time, they're intentional. Effort has gone into recreating Sonic Team's crappy effort. |3;

I concur, people tend to utilize this fan game's concept of being a 2D Sonic 06 as a euphemism for being at most seemingly decent. I honestly believe that one of the things that limits this game's potential is the fact that it's based off a horrendous game. The thing is, people have attempted to make the game better by manipulating its programming.

I'll leave it up to all of you to decipher if these alterations make the game more than mediocre or not.

Edited by Protagoras

You know what? Get the fuck out of here.

Look at the poise, the grace, the magnificence! As always, Sean's skill with the hammer prove him to be a mighty rival to everyone's favorite pink hedgehog!

I concur, people tend to utilize this fan game's concept of being a 2D Sonic 06 as a euphemism for being at most seemingly decent. I honestly believe that one of the things that limits this game's potential is the fact that it's based off a horrendous game. The thing is, people have attempted to make the game better by manipulating its programming.

I'll leave it up to all of you to decipher if these alterations make the game more than mediocre or not.

On the other hand, I think some people are overstating the programming skills these guys have got. The most impressive thing about the project is that it's still going, not the actual game itself. The fact that they're going out of their way to replicate the problems in '06 just makes things worse.

• Thumbs Up 2

While I don't think anything they've programmed is particularly spectacular, that they've replicated '06 to this extent, that is, that the game is terrible because they've replicated '06's problems rather than solely because of their own mistakes, leads me to believe they're fully capable of making a good game. They just need to not have shit ideas.

• Thumbs Up 3

While I don't think anything they've programmed is particularly spectacular, that they've replicated '06 to this extent, that is, that the game is terrible because they've replicated '06's problems rather than solely because of their own mistakes, leads me to believe they're fully capable of making a good game. They just need to not have shit ideas.

Perhaps a better Sonic game in 2D then, maybe the first two Adventures.

Look at the poise, the grace, the magnificence! As always, Sean's skill with the hammer prove him to be a mighty rival to everyone's favorite pink hedgehog!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0jbZ9JS9qo, Who it hits nobody knows...

Perhaps a better Sonic game in 2D then, maybe the first two Adventures.

Man, that opens old wounds. Remember Sonic Adventure Remix? God i miss that project...soo much potentional sad.png...

But yeah i agree that this project is crap itself but these guys do have talent to make a decent game, if they just get over this hyper-accuracy of theirs. Once this project is done I really can't wait to see what game they do recreate next. I'd love to see them tackle the adventure games as well.

I'll update this topic once we get another video or a demo of shadow's gameplay, i think we can let it rest for awhile.

Edited by goku262002

• 2 months later...

Hey guys guess what just posted a video update?

Thats right, this thing:

Let the bitching commence once more!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thats right, this thing:

[media=]

That buzzing sound is annoying as hell!

Plus this makes Sonic Generations 3DS' straight line zones look interesting by comparison.

Thats right, this thing:

[media=]

Hm, it looks so boring... and yet, so infuriating at the same time. Why would someone think that doing this is a good idea? I mean, the Mach Speed sections weren't fun in the original game, and it looks even more drab here!

Why did they add the Boost? That kinda takes away from that 'authentic' thing they were going for.

Wait....this game is still relevant to people?

Wasn't it already accepted that this was just Sonic 06 on a 2D plane? Nothimg more, nothing less?

• Thumbs Up 2

Why did they add the Boost? That kinda takes away from that 'authentic' thing they were going for.

Because the boost is in 2006 via the blue gem, they just added the effect from Unleashed. so its still accurate kind of.